Carolyn Willis - That Beatin' Rhythm

• Replies 21
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

i seem to remember buying in the late 70's, a tune with the very same 'james conwell/richard temple' backing track, sung by a certain Carolyn Willis. (correct spelling?)

can anyone shed light on this , or did i imagine it?

You are right - it was one of Sousanns ling a longs from the 70's - very poor reproduction if I remember, considering the reproduction of Del-satins etc which were fine

Cheers

Mick Holdsworth

https://northernsoulrecords.com

https://motownsound.co.uk

Social source share

i seem to remember buying in the late 70's, a tune with the very same 'james conwell/richard temple' backing track, sung by a certain Carolyn Willis. (correct spelling?)

can anyone shed light on this , or did i imagine it?

CAROLYN WILLIS - THAT BEAT AND RHYTHM - SOUNDVILLE -

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Shame, that. I'd always hoped that it was the Carolyn Willis, formerly of Bob B Soxx and the Blue Jeans and the Honey Cone.

Ah well, at least I can chuck it in the bin now I know it has no credibility whatsoever!yes.gif

Social source share

Shame, that. I'd always hoped that it was the Carolyn Willis, formerly of Bob B Soxx and the Blue Jeans and the Honey Cone.

Ah well, at least I can chuck it in the bin now I know it has no credibility whatsoever!yes.gif

would this be the same carolyn willis who struck gold with seals and croft on `get closer` in 1976

dave

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

would this be the same carolyn willis who struck gold with seals and croft on `get closer` in 1976

dave

Yes, she's the Honey Cone/Bob B Soxx Carolyn, Dave...

Social source share

Guest enchantedrythm

no its deff not carolyn willis and its not a souson production

i was at the actual recording of this and another track "theres nothing else to say"

both done in a small recording studio in nottingham just of the market square

lead singers name escapes me but she was well known around the clubs in nottingham and worked/sang for a guy called Roy Stewart (might have been his sister beverley) Roy sand all the backing ooh ahhs over dubbed again and again

ive a couple of copy's somewhere with a better sound quality of the released product

of course theres only one person this could be down to and thats kev roberts

Kev will still have the tapes im sure

i remember a great day was had by all

these recordings were 2 of very many at and around the same time, although only the two got onto disc and sold 500 each

Social source share

Errrr.....Do you know my inside leg measurements and tell fortunes too?

What do you mean there's only one person this could be down to? Ever heard Milton Wright- I Belong To You?

Still have the tapes.... bleedin hell it was 1976 and Soussan had rights to Mirwood and Audio Arts back then, hence the backing tracks.

Roy Stewart.....who is he?

As for sales figures, how would you know and when did a further vocal of Theres Nothing Else To Say get released on a 45?

Talk about re-writing history !

Edited by The Golden 101
Social source share

no its deff not carolyn willis and its not a souson production

i was at the actual recording of this and another track "theres nothing else to say"

both done in a small recording studio in nottingham just of the market square

lead singers name escapes me but she was well known around the clubs in nottingham and worked/sang for a guy called Roy Stewart (might have been his sister beverley) Roy sand all the backing ooh ahhs over dubbed again and again

ive a couple of copy's somewhere with a better sound quality of the released product

of course theres only one person this could be down to and thats kev roberts

Kev will still have the tapes im sure

i remember a great day was had by all

these recordings were 2 of very many at and around the same time, although only the two got onto disc and sold 500 each

Seeing its you thats responsable for my disaster of a press,i think a exchange for a good one is in order biggrin.gif

Social source share

===============

tony that is really funny! lol

Social source share

• 3 years later...

Resurrecting a very old topic, I just picked one of these up and apart from the spoken intro, which is a little quiet, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the sound quality at all, and she might be from Nottingham but she does a good impersonation of an American.  Thats not a sales pitch, just reporting what I hear!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert