Va Va Voom-24/04/10

Guest Mrs Simsy

Guest Mrs Simsy

WOW!:yes:

Got there about 10pm & not too many people there however a massive influx of lovely people about 10 minutes later soon put paid to that!:yes:

Wheres Gav Evans been hiding? Fantastic spots from him.:no: In fact John Weston, Yann Vatiste, Ady Lupton & Joel Maslin were all something a bit special-i know because i have blisters on both feet!:thumbsup:

Haven't danced that much since i can't remember!:ohmy:

Lots of friends there, too many to mention but pleasure to meet Bernadette (i know Susie liked meeting you too!:D) & great to see everybody having a good time.

Stayed right until the bitter end when Yann finished with Soul Inc & just turned it up when the bouncer told him to take it off!:yes:

Thank you to Ady, Yann & Joel for putting on such a fab do!:yes:

All i can say is if you haven't been to Va Va Voom yet-why the hell not!

Lots of pictures in the gallery!:yes:

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Didnt know what to expect from VaVaVoom.Venue was very easy to find which is always a bonus.Trickster set the pace early on and the tunes stayed upbeat til midnight when I ran off.The floor was great.The sound was perfect.Loved the music.The crowd were very friendly.Drew is a legend.Her pals Pete and Debbie were sound, nice meeting yous.Even managed to find a gentleman to walk me to the Tube station on the way out.Shame it's not an all nighter or I would be dragging some pals over from Dublin to go more regularly.Had a great time.Thanks a million lads.Totally agree with Rugbysoulgirl.Definitely worth travelling for.

Guest Ollie Lailey

Oh yeah, another brilliant night at Va Va Voom. Very nice to see Gav behind the turntables again.

Great tunes and laughs all night!

Yep superb night again at Va Va Voom! Really enjoyed all the sets from all the dj's. Gav was formidable! Thanks to Johnny Weston for the Lady in Green.

Was great to be in the company of so many fantastic pals. Thanks so much to Ady, Yann & Joel for a fantastic night at the Boston Arms. :hatsoff2:

As everyone has already said it was a great night. One of the best I've been to in London recently. Nice not to hear the top 100. Good uptempo Northern on the whole, plenty I didn't know.

Bernadette kindly accompanied me and we arrived at about 9 pm, sorry we missed Trickster's set. Things were quiet at first but as Kylee has said it filled up after 10.

All the DJs did a sterling job, thanks to Yann for playing Betty Wilson at the start of your final set, great to hear Pat Brown's Good Got To Suffer For The Bad. Loved dancing to Lady In Green, Good Times Bad Times and many others. Can certainly feel it today!

I've been to Va Va Voom at several venues over the years, but this was my first visit to it at the Music Room. I'd been there once before for one of Ady Potts' do's. a good venue with a good dance floor. I hope Va Va Voom has found a long term home. The free CD is rather good too.

Ady C was giving out flyers for the 100 Club's May date, sure it will be a packer.

There were so many of my friends there, you were the icing on the soul cake. Too many of you to mention, but so good to see you all having a good time.

Thanks to everyone concerned, thoroughly enjoyed it all.

first time ive played out in london for a while,boy have i missed it,after a slow start a steady stream of familiar faces came through the door.

i havnt heard gavin before and the word that sums him up is quality top toonage boyohatsoff2.gif then youve got yann,ady and joel to mix in the pot and you get a top mixture of accross the board soulmusic,you always get an enthusiastic crowd at these events which adds to a great atmospherehypo.gif nice to see friends i aint seen for a while and yes i bought one of mr croasdells flyers only a pound,bargain i thought.thanx to all the vavavoomers for looking after me cant wait for the next onethumbup.gif

Didnt know what to expect from VaVaVoom.Venue was very easy to find which is always a bonus.Trickster set the pace early on and the tunes stayed upbeat til midnight when I ran off.The floor was great.The sound was perfect.Loved the music.The crowd were very friendly.Drew is a legend.Her pals Pete and Debbie were sound, nice meeting yous.Even managed to find a gentleman to walk me to the Tube station on the way out.Shame it's not an all nighter or I would be dragging some pals over from Dublin to go more regularly.Had a great time.Thanks a million lads.Totally agree with Rugbysoulgirl.Definitely worth travelling for.

Hey up Wendy! "Walking to the tube station" - is that what they're calling it in Ireland these days? laugh.gif If you're going to persist in pinching our London crumpet, we may have to swoop over to the Emerald Isle in a reciprocal raid whistling.gif

Gutted to have missed last night, VVV is my favourite London affair, looking forward to the Summer date on 24th July.

Tee x

Big thank you to everyone who made the effort to come to our first VaVaVoom of the year.

We really value and appreciate your support!!!!

Special thanks to our guest Dj's John Weston & Gave Evans, top class guys!!! & also Kylee our Official Photographer thumbsup.gifhatsoff2.gif

We will be back on Saturday 24th of July 2010 with two briiliant guests, Arthur Fenn & Marc Forest. Not to be missed !!yes.gifyes.gifyes.gif

Yann rolleyes.gif

Hey up Wendy! "Walking to the tube station" - is that what they're calling it in Ireland these days? laugh.gif If you're going to persist in pinching our London crumpet, we may have to swoop over to the Emerald Isle in a reciprocal raid whistling.gif

Tee x

hahahah.that's so unfair.It really was a walk across the road!! However if we could arrange a crumpet/potato cake exchange I would be delighted.

Was a really good night, Gav I thought was on top form, a pleasure to hear him out in London after so long. John was, as ever, superb as well....really glad to hear The Meridians out alongside Four Andantes and the awesome Dynamics on Dyna.

Have to echo Yann's comments above as well.....

Roll on July! :thumbsup:

Guest Bernadette

Lots of friends there, too many to mention but pleasure to meet Bernadette (i know Susie liked meeting you too!:lol:) & great to see everybody having a good time.

nice to meet you and Susie too :D my first time there and there was such a lovely friendly bunch of people...liked the venue too :yes: definitely would go back :thumbsup:

Guest soul diva

Fantastic - so good.....that I lost my voice by midnightlaugh.gif

Lots of happy soulies and such a perfect venue...

Lovely to meet you too Wendy...

Thanks guys...top night!! thumbsup.gif

xxx

Not had a chance to write anything till now due to work.

Just to reiterate Yann's & Joel's comments, thanks for everyones support in providing a great night!

A slightly slower start than previous nights but it filled up nicely with loads of friends & people, some I hadn't seen for years!

Musically probably heavier on the 60's side this time which I thought it would be but quality tunes from all the dj's especially our two guests John & Gav, thank you very much!!

Usual rushing around, panicking, worrying etc so apologies if I didn't see or talk to you on the night.

Thanks to all our regulars & all our newcomers especially those who'd travelled so far, your support really is appreciated & we hope you had a good night!

Thanks to Jet our trusty door maid.

Thanks to Yann & Joel for all your help.

Also thanks to Chris for djing the 1st hour.

Would put up a playlist but can't really remember half of them... If any other dj's can please feel free.

Look forward to seeing you again in July!

Take care,

cheers,

Ady

great to see feedback like this my old mate..

I will get down soon and catch up with you all...

I will have a look at gallery but really think you should sack he official photo lady, Vodka Lil can't see nowt after 10pm at night :thumbsup: ... God bless her though, she just points the lens and seems to get the odd decent snap...

Va Va Voooooooooooooooom indeeeeeed.... :thumbsup:

Source Advert