Philt

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Big Jim Slade

Good luck finding one man. Killer two sided 45 that might as well not exist except for the reissue.

I prefer the funky side as well: tight drums and a killer guitar.

BIG Jim Slade

Social source share

yes gaz simon from aycliffe has it on black orr, only one we know of unless someone knows different ? col

i know some group collectors that have it and my friend had it and sold it to Michael R. in new york. I've had a few twinight copies on stock and one on a white label promo, my current copy is a stock copy. I still don't have it on orr.

Social source share

Guest Big Jim Slade

I'm only a younger dude (26) and I've been a fan/collector for a few solid years now. My friend, DJ Superwolf, who has been a long time digger, eBayer, and soul/funk DJ claimed to have found a VG copy of this in the late 1990s. He held onto it for a few years before selling it. His memory is shotty but he claims to have got just under 600USD (circa 2002) for his VG copy on the bay.

Anyone know the going rate for this? I've always been curious since it's such a good 2-sider that I've never seen for sale. I, too, sport the $7 reissue.

BIG Jim Slade

Social source share

I'm only a younger dude (26) and I've been a fan/collector for a few solid years now. My friend, DJ Superwolf, who has been a long time digger, eBayer, and soul/funk DJ claimed to have found a VG copy of this in the late 1990s. He held onto it for a few years before selling it. His memory is shotty but he claims to have got just under 600USD (circa 2002) for his VG copy on the bay.

Anyone know the going rate for this? I've always been curious since it's such a good 2-sider that I've never seen for sale. I, too, sport the $7 reissue.

BIG Jim Slade

i think I was the second bidder on a copy on ebay around 2002, lost it for $78. It might have been that copy. I seriously doubt it sold for $600 for a VG copy in 2002, it was not an indemand northern record, did not have the right type of sound at the time and it was not "known". Sweet side is killer but sweet soul was not selling for that much.

Social source share

Guest Big Jim Slade

i think I was the second bidder on a copy on ebay around 2002, lost it for $78. It might have been that copy. I seriously doubt it sold for $600 for a VG copy in 2002, it was not an indemand northern record, did not have the right type of sound at the time and it was not "known".

Interesting. I assume it's almost impossible to predict the market value on a 45 that comes up so rarely on eBay. But, from what you're saying and implying, I assume the value has gone up considerably from 100USD and now the record is worth a few hundred which is still a lot less than the aforementioned 600USD price tag? The only reason I ask is that I, too, always wanted a copy of this record (though I'm not trying to hijack this thread) so I've always been curious as to what it would take to get this record on the occasion that it made it back to eBay in the next year or two. Any thoughts would be appreciated as I really have no idea what the going rate is here and I always wanted this one. Thanks.

BIG Jim Slade

Edited by Big Jim Slade
Social source share

Interesting. I assume it's almost impossible to predict the market value on a 45 that comes up so rarely on eBay. But, from what you're saying and implying, I assume the value has gone up considerably from 100USD and now the record is worth a few hundred which is still a lot less than the aforementioned 600USD price tag? The only reason I ask is that I, too, always wanted a copy of this record (though I'm not trying to hijack this thread) so I've always been curious as to what it would take to get this record on the occasion that it made it back to eBay in the next year or two. Any thoughts would be appreciated as I really have no idea what the going rate is here and I always wanted this one. Thanks.

BIG Jim Slade

now that it's a northern play and not been on ebay since, I doubt it would sell for less than $500 and maybe closer to $1000 in a private sale. in 2002 prices were much lower, even on demand northern items, and obscuro items were not valued highly. look at manship's first guide, very thin and i would be glad to pay a lot of the prices in it now.

Social source share

Guest Big Jim Slade

Thanks for the information Boba. I never knew so now I have a better idea if and when that day comes. Until then, I'll keep praying amidst those dollar bins.

Phil, good luck with getting a copy of the record, and I mean that honestly. I remember first hearing that one on the Numero Group compilation and it has since then been my favorite track on the label. It's killer.

BIG Jim Slade

Social source share

Source Advert