Free Angela

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

OK LP Buffs. You know the albumn - Free Angela, with Dickie Wonder, Nobody Knows track etc. Anybody know who she was/is, what had she done and did she get freed.

£1 special from Bradleys back in the late 70s, along with the Frank Dell LP.

Ed

link

Angela Davis,she was a member of the Black Panther movement back in the late 60s/70s,there have been clips of her on TV on different programs over the years.

Dave f.............

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

OK LP Buffs. You know the albumn - Free Angela, with Dickie Wonder, Nobody Knows track etc. Anybody know who she was/is, what had she done and did she get freed.

£1 special from Bradleys back in the late 70s, along with the Frank Dell LP.

Ed

link

Angela Davis, radical black activist and philosopher, was arrested as a suspected conspirator in the abortive attempt to free George Jackson from a courtroom in Marin County, California, August 7, 1970. The guns used were registered in her name. Angela Davis was eventually acquitted of all charges, but was briefly on the FBI's most-wanted list as she fled from arrest.

Angela Davis is often associated with the Black Panthers and with the black power politics of the late 1960s and early 1970s. She joined the Communist Party when Martin Luther King was assassinated in 1968. She was active with SNCC (Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee) before the Black Panthers. Angela Davis ran for U.S. Vice President on the Communist Party ticket in 1980.

Angela Davis has been an activist and writer promoting women's rights and racial justice while pursuing her career as a philosopher and teacher at the University of Santa Cruz and San Francisco University -- she achieved tenure at the University of California at Santa Cruz though former governer Ronald Reagan swore she would never teach again in the University of California system. She studied with political philosopher Herbert Marcuse. She has published on race, class, and gender.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I wonder how well it would sell now? I've got one for sale. Nice and minty vinyl, album cover slightly used! yes.gif

Make me a good offer and it's yours...

jamestrouble@hotmail.com

Social source share

I believe it sells mainly for two tracks; "Nobody Knows" by Dickie Wonder (diff.mix with female backing?) and "Baby Can't You See" by Tyrone Thomas (cover version of Little Tommy's Sound of Soul 45).

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

I believe it sells mainly for two tracks; "Nobody Knows" by Dickie Wonder (diff.mix with female backing?) and "Baby Can't You See" by Tyrone Thomas (cover version of Little Tommy's Sound of Soul 45).

link

Bought mine still sealed for $80 to get these two tracks some weeks ago.

But can you speak of a real cover version, if it's the same artist, I'd say alternative take? I mean, Little Tommy is Tyrone Thomas, isn't he?

Social source share

free Mikosi

link

....obviously Makosi doesnt' charge for her services then, certainly in view of her "free" fling with Anthony in the jacuzzi!

PS - is the front cover the inspiration for Manu Dibango's "Soul Makossi"??

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

More like £10...loads on them on e-bay.

link

the one on ebay went for more than a tenner !!

not really an accurate guide I know, is it not a reissue LP or CD that you mean ?

it was re-released on CD and I think there was an LP reissue as well ???

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I'd sell my minty copy for £40 plus postage. I think that's a good price if anybody is interested?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert