York Soul Club

Guest kelvinx

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Had a fantastic night at York biggrin.gif Great company, good craic, superb music all night. :yes: Was good to see Martin (Hullsoul) and the lovely Lynn out and about :D

I'm sure Col, Sandra and John enjoyed my driving laugh.gif , particularly as I took us back the scenic route on the way back :lol: via Wetherby :thumbsup:

See you all at the next one.

Suz

x

Guest Trevski

What can I say..... Had a few ups and downs over the last 6/8 months, not been at my best, but the warm reception I get when I walk thru those doors is a tonic!

Tracy, you ARE a treasure, well a treasure chest, at any rate! Tony, you lucky seadog you! Quite overwhelmed by the number of people actiually asking how I was, and with genuine feeling, much like me when I went all soppy and told Mr bird he was a very special guy to me! Don't worry,I hadn't gone soft several go the usual

reprimand! Great set from all, each bringing somthing new to the decks as well as keeping the punters pleased. Colin hope the leg heals soon, and the colstomy bag didn't burst on the trip home! kev Jonno daft as a graduate of Dafon colege, daffterton, as per. Dale you get gayer every time I see you, time to form Pec boys own that aloudbefore long! Lynne, remarkable restraint in the booze an knicker department! Nice to see Trev thomas and meet Derek White and a pleasant coversation on sartorial elegance. Did I hear Mr Pedley utter the immortal phrase "Suit: at one point? Get thee too a tailor of note before its too late! Spot, Gail thanks for the faith in me, and for the £20 I now owe you! :lol:

Lovely venue, lovely,friendly people, good friends, good banter, great music!

Of course, the next time, the novelty will have worn off, and it'll be back to "Bloody hell it's him again!

Tony, please take a GOODpicture of me, one of these weeks, or let me airbrush it in photoshop first! :yes:

Looking remarkably forward to the next one at the moment, but don't take that as gospel!

Edited by Trevski
Guest Trevski

What can I say..... Had a few ups and downs over the last 6/8 months, not been at my best, but the warm reception I get when I walk thru those doors is a tonic!

Tracy, you ARE a treasure, well a treasure chest, at any rate! Tony, you lucky seadog you! Quite overwhelmed by the number of people actually asking how I was, and with genuine feeling, much like mine when I went all soppy and told Mr bird he was a very special guy to me! Don't worry,I hadn't gone soft several go the usual reprimand!

Great set from all, each bringing somthing new to the decks as well as keeping the punters pleased. Colin hope the leg heals soon, and the colstomy bag didn't burst on the trip home! Kev Jonno daft as a graduate of Dafton college, daffterton, as per. Dale, time to form "Pec boys own that aloud" boy band before long! Lynne, remarkable restraint in the booze an knicker department! Nice to see Trev thomas and meet Derek White and a pleasant coversation on sartorial elegance. Did I hear Mr Pedley utter the immortal phrase "Suit: at one point? Get thee to a tailor of note, before its too late!

Lovely venue, lovely,friendly people, good friends, good banter, great music!

Of course, the next time, the novelty will have worn off, and it'll be back to "Bloody hell it's him again!

Tony, please take a GOODpicture of me, one of these weeks, or let me airbrush it in photoshop first! :lol:

Looking remarkably forward to the next one at the moment, but don't take that as gospel!

Edited by Trevski

great nite again records fantastic from everyone,mick h played some of my all time faves, king george, dynamics on dyna, admirations ,richard caiton, pus loads more,the north east rare soul crowd out in force for this great soul club ,thanks for the lift suzzane, maybe we should all get a mini bus instead of 4 cars?, col

Guest chris

:no: Thanks Tony & Tracy...

Another fantastic night of good company and excellent music...doesn't get much better than this :no:

:D Good to see Martyn & Lynn out :yes:

Good turn out from the Northeast again...lovely to see Andrea,Carol,Michael n Chris (the Middlesborough gang )

The 2 newbies thoroughly enjoyed it and will be back again...:yes:

Looking forward to September already!!!!!

Chris x

Edited by chris

No 'Disney soul' here -thank god (think i'll copyright that phrase lol ) just the excellent raw n rare tunes from Ronnie Pedley, a truly sublime set from Trev Thomas, only caught a bit of Tony's early doors set but brill as usual, topped by the masterful Mick H proving again why he's held in such high esteem and attracting big numbers (standing room only) from far and wide. No wonder York Soul Club has the reputation as one of the UKs leading rare soul nites.

Great to see Martyn Bird venturing out and had a fascinating chat with Andy Hudson & Chris Holmes about our respective days circa 79-80 on the mod scene not least when The Name (

www.thename.tv ) played a tour date at York's De Grey Rooms little did we known then that Chris & Andy were the DJs on the nite and it was Andy who introduced us on stage. Magic & manic days

Edited by andybellwood
Guest mr spin

Well another awesome night, thanx to Trev Ronnie and Mick each for supplying the decks with top drawer soul.

As usual the company was superb, glad you enjoyed Thee Dupremes number Col, trevski i will try n get your good side on camera, I dont rermember too much as come the usual 11pm im a tad pissed, but who cares, all i can say is its like being in your favourite boozer with your favourite mates and your favourite music i dont get much better than that.

I must thank everyone who month after month keep coming back and then spreading the gospel according to Y.S.C., hoping to do the 2 rooms next month as per the all day rugby club fundraiser featuring Modern n crossover in the bar from 9pm till 12.30am more details soon, plus also we look forward to finishing at the later time of 2am, may bring a few more into the fold.

Dont forget next month special guest Don Kitching for anyone who does,nt know Don your in for a treat!!! heres looking forward to september.

For now all the best Mr Spin (Googley, Leg Breaks and The flipper) be good n take care.

HAD A TREMENDOUS NIGHT AT YORK, THIS VENUE NEVER FAILS TO DELIVER THE GOODS WITH ALL THE DJ'S IN GREAT FORM, WITH MICK H DOING ONE OF THE BEST SPOTS I,VE HEARD FOR A LONG TIME, CHOON AFTER CHOON. WELL DONE TO TONY AND TRACY FOR ALL THEIR HARD WORK IN THIS LITTLE GET TOGETHER AND ALREADY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT ONE :thumbsup:

BRI PINCH

Guest tony hatfield

MANY THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CAME TO YORK SOUL CLUB ON SATURDAY.

ANOTHER FANTASTIC NIGHT YET AGAIN, IT JUST GETS BETTER & BETTER EACH MONTH & IT'S ALL THANKS TO YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT.:thumbsup:

THANKS TO TREV, RONNIE & TONY FOR DOING THE BUISNESS BEHIND THE DECKS & A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR GUEST MR MICK H WHO AS ALWAYS PLAYED TOP CLASS SOUNDS & KEPT THE FLOOR BUZZING:yes:,& WANTING MORE.(playlists plz) ONLY DJ MISSING FOR THE FIRST TIME AT YORK ( & WAS MISSED) WAS JOHN WHO WAS AWAY ON HOLIDAY BUT WILL BE BACK FOR OUR FORTHCOMING 4TH ANNIVERSARY ON SATURDAY 4TH SEPTEMBER.

HIGHLIGHT OF THE NIGHT FOR MYSELF & TONY WAS SEEING MARTYN & HIS LOVELY WIFE LYNN COME THROUGH THE DOOR:hatsoff2:

THE NIGHT WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THE SAME WITHOUT THEM AS THEY LIKE MANY OF OUR REGULARS ARE WHAT MAKES YORK SOUL CLUB SO SPECIAL TO US.

SO ONCE AGAIN A BIG THANK YOU, HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL FOR OUR 4TH ANNIVERSARY & MANY MORE (where has the years gone)

TAKE CARE & ALL THE BEST

LOVE

TRACY:wave:

MANY THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CAME TO YORK SOUL CLUB ON SATURDAY.

ANOTHER FANTASTIC NIGHT YET AGAIN, IT JUST GETS BETTER & BETTER EACH MONTH & IT'S ALL THANKS TO YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT.:thumbsup:

THANKS TO TREV, RONNIE & TONY FOR DOING THE BUISNESS BEHIND THE DECKS & A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR GUEST MR MICK H WHO AS ALWAYS PLAYED TOP CLASS SOUNDS & KEPT THE FLOOR BUZZING:yes:,& WANTING MORE.(playlists plz) ONLY DJ MISSING FOR THE FIRST TIME AT YORK ( & WAS MISSED) WAS JOHN WHO WAS AWAY ON HOLIDAY BUT WILL BE BACK FOR OUR FORTHCOMING 4TH ANNIVERSARY ON SATURDAY 4TH SEPTEMBER.

HIGHLIGHT OF THE NIGHT FOR MYSELF & TONY WAS SEEING MARTYN & HIS LOVELY WIFE LYNN COME THROUGH THE DOOR:hatsoff2:

THE NIGHT WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THE SAME WITHOUT THEM AS THEY LIKE MANY OF OUR REGULARS ARE WHAT MAKES YORK SOUL CLUB SO SPECIAL TO US.

SO ONCE AGAIN A BIG THANK YOU, HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL FOR OUR 4TH ANNIVERSARY & MANY MORE (where has the years gone)

TAKE CARE & ALL THE BEST

LOVE

TRACY:wave:

Can I just echo what you've already said, Tracy. Superb night, seeing Martyn & Lynn was the Icing on the cake :lol:Top tuneage all night. See you all next month. :lol:

Don

great to be back at york after my enforced abscense last month, bumper turnout & great atmosphere, heres what i played

ringleaders - baby what has happend to our love - m-pac

rose battiste - i cant leave you - thelma

big frank & essances - i wont let her see me cry - philips

kae williams - our love is dying - uniss junior

gail anderson - be proud (youre in love) - salvador

chandlers - your love makes me lonely - col soul

chalfontes - he loves me - mercury

len jewell - bettin on love - fontana

gambrells - you better move - carla

lost soul - secret of mine - raven

donald jenkins - somebody help me - cortland

doris troy - face up to the truth - capitol

message untold - i can fell the change in love - padang

lonnie youngblood - let me bring out the woman in you - calla

numonics - i love you - c u

billy jones - i'll keep holding on - decca

jimmy dockett - take a chance - mystic 4

timothy wilson - hey girl, do you love me - veep

bobby guitar bennett - you did it again - junior

patti williams - i'm doing the best that i can -forward

roosevelt matthews - you got me digging you - king

inverts - time will change - broadway

Guest Ranger

Shame we couldn't make this one, nice to see photo's of the regulars plus a few new faces - Hi Ken hope you enjoyed it :)

We were due to land back from Greece early enough to shower and shave and then get over for the festivities. Unfortunately Viking Airlines let us down with a three hour delay so we got back too late. Shame they didn't put as much effort into getting us back as Martyn & Col did to get to York. Are you off the crutches now Col - couldn't see them in the photos?

Definitely be there in September though, the last two roomer was something special.

Kev & Pauline

T n T

Well if you are going to visit anywhere for your first night out YSC is the place to go, only down side to the night was we had to leave early.We were there long enough to hear some great stuff played (as always) & really wanted to get up for a dance or two, Tony, Ron, Trev & a bit of Mick certainly did the biz for me. thumbsup.gif

We'd just like to thank everyone for there concern & peoples kind words they really do make a difference to Lynn & myself.

Looking forward to the 4th Anniversary in September & hopefully on the dancefloor to some of Don's gems (not heard any disco demands played for ages :))

Cheers

Martyn & Lynn

Great to see such a good turn-out in August, although seeing Martyn and Lynn was a (pleasant) shock. No surprise to arrive at 8.30pm, and find the North-east crew already in situ - this lot like to get value for money:yes:

Good music all night, with Mick H especially playing a belting set.

Congratulations to T&T for another top promotion - looking forward to the September anniversary (a Wilton Weekender!):rolleyes:

Guest Derek White

Another top night at York, great tunes and great folk. This night for me just goes from strength to strength.

Spoke at length to some new friends, and saw some I haven't seen for years, great to see you out and about again.

Music wise 1st class as usual, super music from the residents, and Mick H was sublime, imo.

To top it all Lynn & Martyn........ caught him changing his shirt in the car park, laughing his head off, and Lynn a worthy comp. winner against up for it opponents.... :rolleyes: great stuff.

Keep it up T &T

Derek.

Hi T&T

Sorry i never got down for this one guys :D my loss ...but that's always the case ,cos the standard of music and the great family atmosphere ,means no matter what month it is ,or who is guest dj ...it is always gonna be a top night !

I will be sure to get along next month for the next installment ,and to make sure Suzanne does'nt get lost again :(

P.s It's my birthday at the beginning of September Tony ,i've got a nice bottle of Absinthe to help things along:wicked:

Source Advert