Soul Skiing Holiday

Guest vespastu

Guest vespastu

Hi. I just wanted to run an idea by you. As a keen skier who go's skiing 2 to 3 times a year i thought it might be a good idea to do a soul in the snow! Based on the soul in the sun theory but in a ski resort instead of a summer holiday resort. I have a house in Bulgaria close to a ski resort and should be able to sort out a venue to use for soul nights (Say Friday Saturday and Sunday) When i go skiing we have a great apres ski but it would just top it off if i had some decent music to listen to. Thought i would do some basic research before i committed myself and would appreciate some feedback. i.e would any of you consider going to something like this and would any DJ's be up for it. Look forward to hearing your comments. STU. blush.gif

Social source share

• Replies 38
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest vespastu

How about a Soul Weekender at a Nudist Camp?

On second thoughts, no....

Imagine the tackle flying about in the dancing contest - ugh!

link

You could go nude at a ski resort. No second thoughts not a good idea. Dont want my tackle to shrink any more. blush.gif

Social source share

Guest vespastu

I'd give it a go.

But it would have to be snow boarding.....do you realise how uncool skiing is?

Col :yes:

link

Oh yes i forgot, It's cool to board down 100 yards sit in the middle of the slope and talk to your friends about how good you look in baggy clothes :ohmy:

Only joking. I snow board and snow blad as well. Just find snow boarding restricting :ohmy:

Social source share

Oh yes i forgot, It's cool to board down 100 yards sit in the middle of the slope and talk to your friends about how good you look in baggy clothes :ohmy:

Only joking. I snow board and snow blad as well. Just find snow boarding restricting  :ohmy:

link

Yeah I know. The most sensible thing you can do with a snow board is saw it in half & make a pair of skis out of it. But I'm prepared to pay the price just to look cool. Are you skiers still wearing pink lycra, or was that last years fashion?

Col.

Social source share

Guest vespastu

Yeah I know. The most sensible thing you can do with a snow board is saw it in half & make a pair of skis out of it. But I'm prepared to pay the price just to look cool. Are you skiers still wearing pink lycra, or was that last years fashion?

Col.

link

No i look like a snowboarder (Cool) but with skis on :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest andrew bin

How about a Soul Weekender at a Nudist Camp?

On second thoughts, no....

Imagine the tackle flying about in the dancing contest - ugh!

link

imagine Mace naked :ohmy: , oh Shit , got that image in my head now i'll never get to sleep

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

My bird's been playing with the idea of getting a 'soul in the snow' thing going for ages. I'll let her know you're interested! What's your email? :ohmy:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Hi. I just wanted to run an idea by you. As a keen skier who go's skiing 2 to 3 times a year i thought it might be a good idea to do a soul in the snow! Based on the soul in the sun theory but in a ski resort instead of a summer holiday resort. I have a house in Bulgaria close to a ski resort and should be able to sort out a venue to use for soul nights (Say Friday Saturday and Sunday) When i go skiing we have a great apres ski but it would just top it off if i had some decent music to listen to. Thought i would do some basic research before i committed myself and would appreciate some feedback. i.e would any of you consider going to something like this and would any DJ's be up for it. Look forward to hearing your comments. STU.  :ohmy:

link

Sound like a great idea - Matt Bolton is a fan of the piste and has some lovely snow boots

Social source share

i would deffo be up for it

love ski-ing but not keen on the boarders, like you say stu

mind you they do have some good apres ski parties

Social source share

Guest Byrney

I've been twice and it was superb, couldn't imagine me ski-ing after a soul doo though  :thumbsup:

link

Try boarding - much better! :D

Social source share

Guest Byrney

Oh yes i forgot, It's cool to board down 100 yards sit in the middle of the slope and talk to your friends about how good you look in baggy clothes :D

Only joking. I snow board and snow blad as well. Just find snow boarding restricting  :thumbsup:

link

Or you could stick to Ski-ing, wear pink lycra body suits and drink Hot Todys all day insteading hammering down the slope full wack! :D:D

Was at Whistler last year - went down a black run with the Mello Souls blasting outta my Ipod.

A rush to equal recreationals

Social source share

Guest vespastu

Or you could stick to Ski-ing, wear pink lycra body suits and drink Hot Todys all day insteading hammering down the slope full wack! :D   :P

Was at Whistler last year - went down a black run with the Mello Souls blasting outta my Ipod.

A rush to equal recreationals

link

Always have my mp3 on. Cant beat it. Beautiful mountains, great music. All we need is somwehere to go at night and listen to some decent music. Job done :D

Nothing against snowboarders apart from the fact they cut up the slopes within an hour of them being open and the get in your way coz they are piss slow :thumbsup: Apart from that i love em. :D

Edited by vespastu
Social source share

Guest vespastu

Yes you Could they do Nude Downhill Racing

JB

link

Nice one :thumbsup: Thanks for the cd Jon. Great stuff. Will get you booked in soon. All the best. STU :D

Social source share

Guest vespastu

imagine Mace naked :thumbsup: , oh Shit , got that image in my head now i'll never get to sleep

link

Great to see you Saturday night mate. Cant wait till Saturday! Love to Tracy.

Social source share

Dance after being on the slopes all day?! You ain't ski-ing hard enough mate! Me and Ady were so exhausted after our days in the white stuff that we came home, ate and sparked out immediately. Making best use of the £1 ale before bedtime.

I think skiing is like being on a dancefloor anyways. Especially shooting down an icy piste at 50 MPH with 'Date With The Rain' in your headphones.

Me, Ady, Yann and Rob were thiking of going early next year. We reckoned Messer would last two minutes before being airlifted to safety...... But would be entertaining.... whistling.gif

Whereabouts in Bulgaria Stu? Borovets is a great resort with the most exhilarating deep powder runs about.

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Dance after being on the slopes all day?! You ain't ski-ing hard enough mate! Me and Ady were so exhausted after our days in the white stuff that we came home, ate and sparked out immediately. Making best use of the £1 ale before bedtime.

I think skiing is like being on a dancefloor anyways. Especially shooting down an icy piste at 50 MPH with 'Date With The Rain' in your headphones.

Me, Ady, Yann and Rob were thiking of going early next year. We reckoned Messer would last two minutes before being airlifted to safety...... But would be entertaining.... :thumbsup:

Whereabouts in Bulgaria Stu? Borovets is a great resort with the most exhilarating deep powder runs about.

link

"deep powder runs" bloody jargon whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest rachel

Like the idea of snow, nice warm chalets and a fire to relax in front of after a bit of soul at night... but thinking what daytime at weekenders is usually like... not the skiing whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest vespastu

Me, Ady, Yann and Rob were thiking of going early next year. We reckoned Messer would last two minutes before being airlifted to safety...... But would be entertaining.... :thumbsup:

link

Borovets is the resort near my house. Love it. Not a hard resort so anyone who can ski (or board) well can Hammer down whistling.gif I'm more the Jelly beans (you don't mean me no good) at 75 mph sort of guy :thumbsup:

Social source share

"deep powder runs" bloody jargon whistling.gif

link

You're only jealous cos you've got bandy legs..... :thumbsup:

Yeah, that's where we were in March. It was great. Bit icy in bits, but the far side top of the mountain stays pretty much unchartered and is perfect for going arse over tit in metre deep snow. 'Tastic.

Social source share

Be careful Kate, my son broke his wrist boarding  whistling.gif

link

The first time I went I got stranded on the mountain, luckily the mountain rescue bloke found me!

Social source share

Guest vespastu

Cracking idea I'd love it.

I'm off boarding in Europe in March '06. Can't wait! :thumbsup:

link

If i don't get enough interest i will just do a ski/board hol and get loads of soulies to come along and we can play some music back in one of the rooms :thumbsup:

Or i'm sure i can get use of a bar who will let us play some tunes.

Social source share

Guest Byrney

If i don't get enough interest i will just do a ski/board hol and get loads of soulies to come along and we can play some music back in one of the rooms :thumbsup:

Or i'm sure i can get use of a bar who will let us play some tunes.

link

I think its a good idea, tried to get Jocko and others together couple of years ago for a ski vs board hol but being left in my capable hands it fell through.

Have you considered Pamporovo? I'm seriously considering buying a chalet there (checking mortgage options next week) as has 5 of my mates in the same complex. Tell you what if you do decide on Pamp we can do you all a deal on accomodation guv :shhh::shades::thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest vespastu

I think its a good idea, tried to get Jocko and others together couple of years ago for a ski vs board hol but being left in my capable hands it fell through.

Have you considered Pamporovo? I'm seriously considering buying a chalet there (checking mortgage options next week) as has 5 of my mates in the same complex. Tell you what if you do decide on Pamp we can do you all a deal on accomodation guv :shhh:   :shades:   :thumbsup:

link

We can do a week at Borovets and you can stay at my house then we can do a week in Pamporova and stay at yours :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Byrney

We can do a week at Borovets and you can stay at my house then we can do a week in Pamporova and stay at yours :unsure:

link

The more I think about this Stu the more i like it. I'd love to walk into a bar for Apres Ski to be met with Benny Harper blasting out of the speakers. I can also think of some Djs who may be interested.

I'll PM you Stu :D

Cheers

Byrney

Social source share

Guest vespastu

The more I think about this Stu the more i like it. I'd love to walk into a bar for Apres Ski to be met with Benny Harper blasting out of the speakers. I can also think of some Djs who may be interested.

I'll PM you Stu :unsure:

Cheers

Byrney

link

Nice one :D Cheers for your help.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!