Torch 10 ** Yet Again #1 Event Of The Year

Great post Jez sums up perfectly what the day was about, but for the Torch in 72/73 many of us would never have met so many nice people and become friends with so many or had our lifes fulfilled by a type of music which for many of us is not just a hobby but a way of life, listening to the CD which Malc did of the Torch 72 bought many happy memories flooding back to me it was a amazing time for a 18 yr old Leigh lad and i thank God i made the journey that August nite in 72 with Fred Morton and Topper

to journey down to Tunstall to visit the Torch for the first time we had some amazing sat nites / sun morns over the next 7 months before its closure saw some brilliant live shows and listening to some great soul music which as stood the test of time which sounds as good today as it did back in 72 / 73.

The Northern Soul Scene was built on the music of young Black America and without doubt it was and still is the most amazing music scene in the World

music, friendship, togetherness , is what the scene is about and Sat at the Ryan Hall Tunstall was the perfect example of soulies of all ages having a great day / nite out

while helping others thro the Charites picked for this year .......THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR A GREAT TIME SAT !!!

Love, Peace & Happiness Always

Ian C

PS no i did,nt forget it was also built on SKF Daps, Blueys, Filon with a smile on,Bombers, two tone pinks, green n clears ect ect ect he he he

• Replies 63
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Great post Jez sums up perfectly what the day was about, but for the Torch in 72/73 many of us would never have met so many nice people and become friends with so many or had our lifes fulfilled by a type of music which for many of us is not just a hobby but a way of life, listening to the CD which Malc did of the Torch 72 bought many happy memories flooding back to me it was a amazing time for a 18 yr old Leigh lad and i thank God i made the journey that August nite in 72 with Fred Morton and Topper

to journey down to Tunstall to visit the Torch for the first time we had some amazing sat nites / sun morns over the next 7 months before its closure saw some brilliant live shows and listening to some great soul music which as stood the test of time which sounds as good today as it did back in 72 / 73.

The Northern Soul Scene was built on the music of young Black America and without doubt it was and still is the most amazing music scene in the World

music, friendship, togetherness , is what the scene is about and Sat at the Ryan Hall Tunstall was the perfect example of soulies of all ages having a great day / nite out

while helping others thro the Charites picked for this year .......THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR A GREAT TIME SAT !!!

Love, Peace & Happiness Always

Ian C

PS no i did,nt forget it was also built on SKF Daps, Blueys, Filon with a smile on,Bombers, two tone pinks, green n clears ect ect ect he he he

Could i take this opportunity to apologies for "Transvestite anthem time, this is James Bounty and Prove Yourself a Lady" apparently I upset someone who was there..... :hatsoff2::lol:

I think I know who that may have been Paul , for I had to look twice at the individual , questioning my eyes .

I know I come from / live in an area where lasses have some " timber " on them , but if that was a laydee ...... I will go t'foot of our stairs :D

Malc

Sorry this is so late!!

Its all been said already!!

What a fantastic job Paul, Jezz Malc and Team did yet again!

Seems there is a deffo demand for this fantastic day anually now!!

Thanks for asking me to DJ guys it was an honour!! :lol:

Can some what let me know what Minshull was on ,,thats 2 weekends running ive seen him blocked!! :D:hatsoff2:

Platlist in the playlist section

Thanks for the memories guys

Heres to next year!!

Nige B

post-1851-001796000 1288185966_thumb.jpg

post-1851-089304000 1288186096_thumb.jpg

post-1851-056507600 1288186255_thumb.jpg

post-1851-098738200 1288186320_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nige Brown

Sorry this is so late!!

Its all been said already!!

What a fantastic job Paul, Jezz Malc and Team did yet again!

Seems there is a deffo demand for this fantastic day anually now!!

Thanks for asking me to DJ guys it was an honour!! :thumbup:

Can some what let me know what Minshull was on ,,thats 2 weekends running ive seen him blocked!! :lol::thumbup:

Platlist in the playlist section

Thanks for the memories guys

Heres to next year!!

Nige B

He takes the same stuff that they used to give the horse next door to The Torch , when they needed it to pull a big delivery load .

I will be posting photographs later taken on Saturday , but for now I will use one of yours Nige , for this week's caption competition .

" One , two , three ........ bugger - what comes after three ? "

Malc

post-5097-057528400 1288244988_thumb.jpg

Guest julie s

He takes the same stuff that they used to give the horse next door to The Torch , when they needed it to pull a big delivery load .

I will be posting photographs later taken on Saturday , but for now I will use one of yours Nige , for this week's caption competition .

" One , two , three ........ bugger - what comes after three ? "

Malc

FLOOR HAHA

Just back from a week away sorry Jez didn't get your money off before we went. Another 120pounds winging it's way to you on Monday.What an amazing night.. really nice to meet new and old friends. Roll on 2011

Sue

A massive *****£2,750*******

This is a current figure as of now.I think I'm expecting little dribs and drabs to come in over the next few days from various sources.So by end of week a final figure can be announced.

I am totally overwhelmed by this. Its a fantastic effort and in difficult times, people on this scene, have dug deep and shown a kindness and a 'soul' that imho deserves a far more fitting tribute than I could ever pen.

To everyone involved in making this happen from the fundraisers to the donors,all those behind the scenes--WALK TALL this week you've earned it!

THANK YOU KINDLY

Will put up a lookback on the event from my view later--and a personal 'moment' for me that took place on the day

Well done you lot:yes:

:hatsoff2: HI ALL, I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOREWORD TO TORCH 10 SINCE 5 MINUTES AFTER TORCH 9 FINISHED, HOWEVER I HAVE SUFFERED WITH GREAT HARDSHIPS SINCE THEN! SO MY REVIEW IS A LOT SHORTER THAN I EXPECTED, AT 1 PM I WAS READY TO LEAVE WOLVES AND HEAD TO STOKE, HOWEVER I WAS LET DOWN AT THE LAST MINUTE, WHICH CAUSED ME THE WORST ATTACK OF ANXIETY I HAVE EVER HAD, I COMPLETELY FELL APART, AND IF PETE SMITH HAD NOT BEEN ONLINE... AT 8PM I GOT INTO THE CAR AND HEADED TO STOKE,

I KNOW I HAD MISSED THE BEST, BUT WHAT I DID GET, AND I FELT LIKE SHIT WHEN I GOT THERE, WAS THE ATMOSPHERE THIS EVENT HAS GOT, THE TORCH ATMOSPHERE QUALITY NORTHERN SOUL AND GREAT PEOPLE AND EVEN A SALES BOX WITH A COPY OF DARREL BANKS LONDON DEMO £600,

AT THIS TIME OF DAY I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERY BODY WHO WENT, THE TIME I SPENT WAS QUALITY AND I EVEN HAD A CONVERSATION WITH OTHERS LISTENING TO A FANTASTIC STORY ABOUT MEL BRIT NICE ONE KEV, KEITH M WAS HAPPY AS LARRY NOGGER WAS GRUMPY, DAVE EVISON WAS IN DREAMLAND, AND SO ON.

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL THE DJs EVEN THEO DAVE DID NOT WARE HIS SHIRT AND THE ORGANIZERS,

IN PARTICULAR PAUL D WHO IS A TRUE SOUL BROTHER AND LOOKED AFTER ME, HE EVEN WALKED ME TO THE DOOR, GETTING OLD IS CRAP, AND I HOPE THAT TORCH 11 GOES AHEAD AS I HAVE 1 YEAR TO GET BETTER,

LOVE & PEACE KEEP THE FAITH BROTHERS & SISTERS YOU ARE ALL GREAT PEOPLE,

:D DAVE DTHEDRUG

Just wanted to say that I had a fabulous time. A load of us from York had travelled down some of whom were orginal attendees of the Torch. Me, I was not even a twinkle in my Grandad's eye. So it was a privelege to be there. It put a lot of the music into some kind of historical context and gave me a much stronger idea of what the Stoke sound was all about.

Big thanks to Stewart Richards and Kenny Wallis for harping on at me for the last year to go. Big thanks to Swish for organising transport and accomodation and to Paul Donnelly for sourcing a ticket for me.

Hopefully will be there next year, God willing.

Cheers Y'All,

Jay Cee

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say that I had a fabulous time. A load of us from York had travelled down some of whom were orginal attendees of the Torch. Me, I was not even a twinkle in my Grandad's eye. So it was a privelege to be there. It put a lot of the music into some kind of historical context and gave me a much stronger idea of what the Stoke sound was all about.

Big thanks to Stewart Richards and Kenny Wallis for harping on at me for the last year to go. Big thanks to Swish for organising transport and accomodation and to Paul Donnelly for sourcing a ticket for me.

Hopefully will be there next year, God willing.

Cheers Y'All,

Jay Cee

Nice Letter Jason, and well appreciated. Thank you.

Source Advert