Follow Your Heart Sc. Horwich Rmi. Bolton Charity Event. Stroke Awarness And Reabilitation. 30.10.10

Many thanks to Pete & Liz for there hospitality & asking me and Di to come and spin a few sounds. Great venue, Great people & Fantastic spots from all the dj`s. We had a great day yesterday, lovely to meet so many people. Don`t know what the final total for the charity was, but the place was packed, great work by the promoters of the event, can we ave another one please. Will post our play lists up in the appropriate section later today. Well done everyonethumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifhatsoff2.gif HARRY & DI

• Replies 32
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Had a long but great day out in Horwich. Great venue friendly atmosphere.

A special thank you to Pete and Liz for organizing it and the DJ's who stepped up to the mark.

Thanks to Joyann,Grant and Salmon who were great company as always!!

Sorry Coops but bottled it coming over to you to say hello :wave:

Lovely to meet you Di xx

Had a long but great day out in Horwich. Great venue friendly atmosphere.

A special thank you to Pete and Liz for organizing it and the DJ's who stepped up to the mark.

Thanks to Joyann,Grant and Salmon who were great company as always!!

Sorry Coops but bottled it coming over to you to say hello :wave:

Lovely to meet you Di xx

Nice to meet you Sandra, was a long day but one of those that was over in a flash, as is usually the case, when your enjoying yourselfthumbsup.gif i`m sure Di will reply later, but at the moment, THE NORTHERN CIDER MONSTER is Snoring away after consuming a BUCKET FULL OF PARACETAMOL:laugh::laugh:

Guest porky yorkie

Many thanks to Pete & Liz for there hospitality & asking me and Di to come and spin a few sounds. Great venue, Great people & Fantastic spots from all the dj`s. We had a great day yesterday, lovely to meet so many people. Don`t know what the final total for the charity was, but the place was packed, great work by the promoters of the event, can we ave another one please. Will post our play lists up in the appropriate section later today. Well done everyonethumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif:hatsoff2: HARRY & DI

Thanks a lot for starting the thread of Harry. ( Di, Liz says thanks for helping her with her birthday pressie )

A BIG thanks goes out to all of you and I mean ALL of you, who supported the event in aid of stroke awareness.

Apart from the odd hiccup or three we had a brill day and those that came early doors got 10 hours of music for a fiver.

Although the dayer started off a little bit slow on numbers in the end we ended up with our best attendance so far.

Brooksey thanks for your help and support. ( Plus covering for Tony Clarke )

Lisa you need to get playing more regularly ( Tony twist her arm, if not I will, you both complemented other so well in your music )

I would like to thank Shiela Higham ( Debut spot ) at short notice covering for Suzie. You did a crackin' job you should try it a bit more often.

Grant for standing in at short notice for Pete, (( Keep your head down low flying smurfs headin' your way )

Coops thanks for coming all this way to play ( SORRY I didn't get to say ta ra I was busy at the time )

Di and Harry coming all the way from Peterlee ( I'll make sure we've got a stretched limmo for the next time your over ).

Sandra Green just arrived and went straight on the decks and got stuck in. ( Sandra took no prisoners, so are you still dining on your celeb story ?)

Carol Macarthy That infectious personality And energy ( can I have some please ) What can I say, always the cosumate professional.

Dereck was ready just in case we blew another speaker ( don't forget get in touch if you need a favour for next weekend )

Pat & Steve from Heywood ( Pat push for a later spot at Heywood on yesterdays performance you deserve it ). Steve I think you need another job it's interfereing with your weekends.

Carol Gilboy sorry for a bit of a mix up with your times but thanks for being understanding, What away to finish the night off no complaints whatsoever.

Liz Foster this was her first spot for a long lay off boy what a comeback, Liz if you get the chance get that music out there, take it.

Thanks also goes to the smurfster for not only playin' some great music but holdin' things together while I was busy with technical thingymajigin.

I can't emphasise enough the quality of music from all the guys n gals, it was worthy of any top venue.

I do know one or two of the djs have been offered spots at other venues, they all deserve other spots.

You all will be asked to come back in the future

The total raised for The stroke association was £400 We still have 2 pictures to auction so I will give the total sum on Tuesday 9th November.

Thank you to all the people who danced and listened to the fabulous sound.

Right I 'm off before this turns into war and peace. I also need my bacon butty.

What a great day, and such a worthy cause. Brilliant music from all dj's. Fantastic room, atmosphere, what more can i say. Thanks to Lisa for the crisps, it filled a corner, and i'd also like to say you did a superb spot and you should be on at Burscough more often. (instead of as well as Tony) :no::D Thanks to Pete n Liz for a fantastic day/night and look forward to playing my CD at work tonight. :yes:

Hi guys & gals , what can i say other than , what a fantastic day/night yes.gifThankyou to our lovely hosts Pete & Liz , we had a ball , as Harry said thanks for inviting us down to DJ , venue , people & music was second to none , cant wait to come back , Thanks Grant for being my dj'in partner , we were fab laugh.giflaugh.gifTHANKYOU TO YOU ALL FOR MAKING US FEEL SO WELCOME , IT WAS WONDERFUL TO MEET SO MANY NEW FRIENDS biggrin.gifWILL POST UP PLAYLISTS ONCE I'VE PUT THEM ALL BACK IN THERE COVERS OOOOPS laugh.gifAND A BIG THANKYOU TO HARRY FOR GETTING ME THERE & BACK IN ONE PIECE LUV YA HONEY XXX

Had a great day & night would just like to say thanks to all invloved THANKS! :D

My partners in crime well done , Sandra for getting us there & we didnt get lost :no:

Salmon for being on top form, they just rolled off his tongue :yes:

Grant , what can I say , you know how to dine a lady or two Thank You :no:

Di was lovely meeting you :wave:

The question is who won Guy.s or Gals er big DRAW in my opinion, if anyone disagrees YOUR BARRED :yes::D

laugh.giflaugh.gif I couldnt agree more Pete , every DJ played there hearts out SUPERB STUFF biggrin.gif xx

Guest porky yorkie

Looks as though I'm gonna be the fly in the ointment here, but sorry....

Did not enjoy it one little bit :yes:

Got there about ten to 8 , stayed til about half 1

and NOBODY,

and I mean NOBODY..

Made me a f&cking coffee!!!! :lol:

T

Yeah but Tony you had the chance to get a coffee ( You just refrained yourself from muggin' the poor lass ) angry.gif:ohmy::lol:

Hi guys & gals , what can i say other than , what a fantastic day/night yes.gifThankyou to our lovely hosts Pete & Liz , we had a ball , as Harry said thanks for inviting us down to DJ , venue , people & music was second to none , cant wait to come back , Thanks Grant for being my dj'in partner , we were fab laugh.giflaugh.gifTHANKYOU TO YOU ALL FOR MAKING US FEEL SO WELCOME , IT WAS WONDERFUL TO MEET SO MANY NEW FRIENDS biggrin.gifWILL POST UP PLAYLISTS ONCE I'VE PUT THEM ALL BACK IN THERE COVERS OOOOPS laugh.gifAND A BIG THANKYOU TO HARRY FOR GETTING ME THERE & BACK IN ONE PIECE LUV YA HONEY XXX

have to agree we were ace :yes: really enjoyed buzzin with you Di,X factor next for us me thinks, msu do it again sometime Di wink.gif

what a great afternoon/evening, met lotas new faces, thnx to pete n liz for a great day, and was a pleasure to stand in at last minute.

great company with the 3 amigos from rockerdale, big thnx to sandra for driving (altho had it not been for me n Salmon, u wud still be lookin for the place now:ph34r:

thank you very much for the invite Pete & Liz, fantastic to see our friends from t'north and hear some excellent tunes.

Blokes won of course although it was damned close when Lisa played Bobby Hutton - Come See What's Left of Me!

(Sorry Tony 'P' forgot to save you some of the coffee we had in the flask, I too couldn't wait for the girlies to get their collective coffee making acts together!!!)

post-9305-086183000 1288602478_thumb.jpg

images on https://ournorthernsouls.org

thank you very much for the invite Pete & Liz, fantastic to see our friends from t'north and hear some excellent tunes.

Blokes won of course although it was damned close when Lisa played Bobby Hutton - Come See What's Left of Me!

(Sorry Tony 'P' forgot to save you some of the coffee we had in the flask, I too couldn't wait for the girlies to get their collective coffee making acts together!!!)

"Just to seal it, play Gary Lewis next"

:hatsoff2:

T

lol brilliant photo Coops! :hatsoff2:

Thanks a lot for starting the thread of Harry. ( Di, Liz says thanks for helping her with her birthday pressie )

A BIG thanks goes out to all of you and I mean ALL of you, who supported the event in aid of stroke awareness.

Apart from the odd hiccup or three we had a brill day and those that came early doors got 10 hours of music for a fiver.

Although the dayer started off a little bit slow on numbers in the end we ended up with our best attendance so far.

Brooksey thanks for your help and support. ( Plus covering for Tony Clarke )

Lisa you need to get playing more regularly ( Tony twist her arm, if not I will, you both complemented other so well in your music )

I would like to thank Shiela Higham ( Debut spot ) at short notice covering for Suzie. You did a crackin' job you should try it a bit more often.

Grant for standing in at short notice for Pete, (( Keep your head down low flying smurfs headin' your way )

Coops thanks for coming all this way to play ( SORRY I didn't get to say ta ra I was busy at the time )

Di and Harry coming all the way from Peterlee ( I'll make sure we've got a stretched limmo for the next time your over ).

Sandra Green just arrived and went straight on the decks and got stuck in. ( Sandra took no prisoners, so are you still dining on your celeb story ?)

Carol Macarthy That infectious personality And energy ( can I have some please ) What can I say, always the cosumate professional.

Dereck was ready just in case we blew another speaker ( don't forget get in touch if you need a favour for next weekend )

Pat & Steve from Heywood ( Pat push for a later spot at Heywood on yesterdays performance you deserve it ). Steve I think you need another job it's interfereing with your weekends.

Carol Gilboy sorry for a bit of a mix up with your times but thanks for being understanding, What away to finish the night off no complaints whatsoever.

Liz Foster this was her first spot for a long lay off boy what a comeback, Liz if you get the chance get that music out there, take it.

Thanks also goes to the smurfster for not only playin' some great music but holdin' things together while I was busy with technical thingymajigin.

I can't emphasise enough the quality of music from all the guys n gals, it was worthy of any top venue.

I do know one or two of the djs have been offered spots at other venues, they all deserve other spots.

You all will be asked to come back in the future

The total raised for The stroke association was £400 We still have 2 pictures to auction so I will give the total sum on Tuesday 9th November.

Thank you to all the people who danced and listened to the fabulous sound.

Right I 'm off before this turns into war and peace. I also need my bacon butty.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Theres a joke in there somewhere pete..............How do you get 4 soulies, 700 records, & a charity bucket into a peugot 206?laugh.giflaugh.gif

Just like the old days eh mate-Hthumbsup.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gifSUPERB xxx

I would like to echo what pete has already said about Saturday Night it was a brill turn out and would like to thank everyone who supported us for the Stroke Association and After Care.

The DJ's were all brill and played something for everyone (except for Pete)

Grant just one word for you STUMPY :) thanks for stepping in at such short notice you was ok, Di wopped ya :(

Sheila thanks to you for doing the same and you wopped Dereck an all (see you both in Barnstable at the weekend.)

Sandra pete tells me that you are coming as well so we will see you both there as well, just wondering how much milage you have got yet out of your celebraty friend at when you nipped out for lunch.

Thankyou once again to everyone involved and those who supported us. Hope to see you all again at Horwich on the last week of January when we will be celebrating the old mans 50th (Pete)

Stumpy Smurfy

I would like to echo what pete has already said about Saturday Night it was a brill turn out and would like to thank everyone who supported us for the Stroke Association and After Care.

Grant just one word for you STUMPY :( thanks for stepping in at such short notice you was ok, Di wopped ya :lol:

Sheila thanks to you for doing the same and you wopped Dereck an all (see you both in Barnstable at the weekend.)

Sandra pete tells me that you are coming as well so we will see you both there as well, just wondering how much milage you have got yet out of your celebraty friend at when you nipped out for lunch.

Thankyou once again to everyone involved and those who supported us. Hope to see you all again at Horwich on the last week of January when we will be celebrating the old mans 50th (Pete)

Stumpy Smurfy

funny, all us blokes thought we 'whooped' the girls:yes: and by a country mile:thumbsup:

any way liz as u say must get back to work ...'hi ho hi ho.......':)

look forward to seein u both at bury on the 19th (i will be the one in a crash helmet and knee pads Liz:lol: )

funny, all us blokes thought we 'whooped' the girls:yes: and by a country mile:thumbsup:

any way liz as u say must get back to work ...'hi ho hi ho.......':)

look forward to seein u both at bury on the 19th (i will be the one in a crash helmet and knee pads Liz:lol: )

You dont a crash helmet,the kneepads will do ,if someone gives Liz a leg up:ph34r:

Grant just one word for you STUMPY :) thanks for stepping in at such short notice you was ok, Di wopped ya :(

Stumpy Smurfy

Keep us updated about petes 50th liz, we`ll be there, will have words with kim as wellthumbsup.gifhatsoff2.gif

Thanks to Pete and Liz for asking us along to this excellent event to spin a few tunes. :thumbsup:

We both thoroughly enjoyed the day and being able to play our music, first time behind the decks for Lisa and she really had a good time (even though I let her play all the best sounds, honest....:lol::lol:)-----and all in aid of such a worthy cause, well done to the both of you! :yes:

Nice to meet Di and Harry, hope to see you again sometime soon. :lol:

Tony & Lisa

heres what i played double-deckin with Di...wrong order:rolleyes:

Benzine - Village of Tears (parkway) ..........request for Liz

Peter Hamilton - Hey Girl (Jamie)

581 Rythmn Street (Uptown)

Edwin Starr - My Kinda Woman - (Ric Tic)

Athens Rogues - She Could Love Me (Stop)

Sandpipers - Lonely Too Long (Giant)

Lewis Clark - I Need Your Loving So Bad (Tiger Town)

Parliaments - Heart Trouble (Golden World)

Dynamics - I Need Your Love (RCA)

Perk Lee - The Docks (USA)

Diplomats - Cards On The Table (A-Rock)

John Bowie - Youre Gonna Miss A Good Thing (Merben)

Think that was about it

Source Advert