The Greatstone Soul Club

Awesome, Awesome Awesome.

Hunting like you John, glad you've found some. Is it too much to hope that you've found two copies of 'Since Man Began' and that you are getting ready to post oneof them to me, as I type ?  :thumbsup:

Journey back made longer by the fact that Shane forgot where he lived  :thumbsup:

Everybodys playlists, including Chicks please asap.

Thanks for the badge Mark.

Steve

link

my pleasure re the badge.

the colored editions are very rare limited presses of the blue green and yellow gretastone soul club badge i only had 5 of each colour made, so these one are the real collectors pieces (might have to auction them on ebay) :thumbsup:

as i have kept 3 and tony has 3 you can see there are not many to go around,

and no that does not leave 9 as paul and budgie have been given some.

i may keep hold of one or two and raffle or auction them at christmas for charity, should raise at least £1.50 :D on the subject of charity i have promised one to the cancer bear girls so they can sell or auction it of when the time comes.

mark

• Replies 168
  • Views 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Bearsoul

Awesome, Awesome Awesome.

Hunting like you John, glad you've found some. Is it too much to hope that you've found two copies of 'Since Man Began' and that you are getting ready to post oneof them to me, as I type ?  :thumbsup:

Journey back made longer by the fact that Shane forgot where he lived  :thumbsup:

Everybodys playlists, including Chicks please asap.

Thanks for the badge Mark.

Steve

link

CHIC IS MAILING HIS PLAY-LIST TO ME THEN I'LL POST IT ON HERE. CHRIS M.

Guest Bearsoul

and thanks to everyone for making it another brilliant night thanks to brett and chris fro their exceptional early spots sorry i do not get to hear them properly as i am the tax collector on the door upstairs so just about hear them,'

Hi Mark. I'm sure i speak for Brett aswell when i say the pleasure was ours (though i'm sure he wouldn't be short of a few things to say....hey just kidding Brett !!!) Love The Greatsone and the general ethos of the place. Would play at the drop of a hat as it has a special place in my soul (corney ? or what, but hey ! it's the Gospel Truth)

Top Tunes from your good-self 'Mark' !! AS ALWAYS !

AND OF COURSE.........EVERYONE CONCERNED.

THE STARS OF THE SHOW HAVE TO BE THE GUYS AND GALS WHO SUPPORT THIS TOP JOURNEY INTO 'SOUL' GREAT TO TALK WITH JOHHNY BEGGS AND PHIL WAINWRIGHT ENTHUSING ABOUT THE 'STEAM' ALLNIGHTER IN CREWE NEXT SUNDAY...CAN'T MAKE THIS ONE AS I'M IN THE USA ..HOPEFULLLY NEXT ONE. GREAT EVERYONE IS PULLING TOGETHER IN LIGHT OF WHAT'S BEEN HAPPENING. HI TO MICK SMITH AND THE SKEGGY CREW.AND PHIL AND THE SOUL SALVATION CREW (IST NIGHT WAS GREAT). KAREN AND PETE ...AND ANYONE WHO KNOWS ME. GOD BLESS MUM & DRIVE SAFELY

'LADIES AND GENTLEMEN ELVIS PRESLEY HAS LEFT THE BUILDING'

CHRIS.M :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edited by bearsoul

hi

and thanks to everyone for making it another brilliant night thanks to brett and chris fro their exceptional early spots sorry i do not get to hear them properly as i am the tax collector on the door upstairs so just about hear them,

thanks to everyone who travelled a distance to visit us and bot what a distance for some llandudno for one couple and the furthest travelled even further than the intrepid mr and mrs may :thumbsup:  

three nice people from skegness do hope you enjoyed it as i know it was your first visit hope you enjoyed winsford after, that is stamina is'nt it a 7 hour journey to the greatstone on to winsford for the rest of the night and then probably the same time to get home :thumbsup:

nice to meet rich and shane and steve and good to see dave ripoles back again, and pat brady on his second visit,

i really cant thank you all enough as without you lot there is no greatstone.

anyway before i bore you all to death :thumbsup:

here is my playlist

geraldine curry & heartstoppers  you'e so wonderful  london town house

cynthia & the imaginary three  that's what i am without you  big hit

nicole wills & the soul investigators  if this ain't love  timmion

chancellors  something for sure  chamus

one'sy mack  never listen to your heart  ghetto

johnny vanelli  something to sleep on  blue dolphin

vevet hammer  i can't beleive  chila

will hatcher  you have'nt seen nothing yet  wheelsville

keni lewis  what's her name  buddah

reachers  i just want to do my own thing  magic disc

daddy maxfield  i've always been in love with you  UA

tootsie rollers  give me love  me-o

sydewalk theory  run to me  jax

tony fox  love let love and be loved  blaster  lp

oddyssey  battened ships  mowest  lp

max uballez  you'd better  magic circle

shandells  i've got to love her  bridge society

the other ones  the two of us  knoll

marquee reveiw  what good tomorrow  pacific american

steelers  i was just begining to love you  crash

ila van  what you mean to me  clamike

len wade  whatcha gonna do  dial.

roughly in order.

mark :ok:

link

Totally agree with everything Mark has said, totally totally top night again, just an oversight i'm sure but a special mention must be made of Chic. I know he's been waiting to get on at the Greatstone for a while, well the wait was well worth it, very smooth imaginative spot.

Anyway better get off to work. When everybodys playlists are gathered i'll put them all down on one post.

Tony

Guest ShaneH

Totally agree with everything Mark has said, totally totally top night again, just an oversight i'm sure but a special mention must be made of Chic. I know he's been waiting to get on at the Greatstone for a while, well the wait was well worth it, very smooth imaginative spot.

Anyway better get off to work. When everybodys playlists are gathered i'll put them all down on one post.

Tony

link

he also played the amazing 'Ascots' - 'few feet from the gutter' :thumbsup:

Shane

Would just like to say how much myself & the missus enjoyed last saturday night. Top class sounds all night, friendly "up for it" dedicated crowd of people, a free badge, & good wholesome scran..........what more could a boy or girl ask for, not a lot I dont think. Best Regards Ritchie & Ann Andrew Llandudno.

he also played the amazing 'Ascots' - 'few feet from the gutter'  :thumbsup:

Shane

link

Yeh, really nice tune, good to hear it again, Budgie & Paul both have copies, and if i'm not mistaken so has Mark, so its a well loved track down at the Greatstone.

Good to see you back again Shane , 'gettin to be part of the furniture'. Even though you did'nt introduce me to all your fellow travellers, thanks for coming chaps, maybe next time :thumbsup:

Message to self......must get some work done......

Edited by Tony Jackson
Guest Bearsoul

Yeh, really nice tune, good to hear it again, Budgie & Paul both have copies, and if i'm not mistaken so has Mark, so its a well loved track down at the Greatstone.

Good to see you back again Shane , 'gettin to be part of the furniture'. Even though you did'nt introduce me to all your fellow travellers, thanks for coming chaps, maybe next time :thumbsup:

Message to self......must get some work done......

link

YEAH....GET ON WITH IT JACKSON !!!!

CHIC IS UP AGAIN NEXT ONE, RECKON HE'S HOOKED HE'S. ALSO PLAYING S.O.N. ON THE 1OTH OF SEPT. WHEN WE'LL BE BACK FROM THE STATES SO TONY ANY WANTS ? CHEAP OR OTHERWISE....CAN'T PROMISE BUT PM ME BEFORE THURSDAY. BRILLIANT DAY SATURDAY....CURRY,BEER, VINYL.........I'M DE-TOXING NOW....ALWAYS AN ANTI-CLIMAX AFTER THE GREATSTONE.....BUT HEY IN THE IMMORTAL WORDS OF 'RONAN KEATING' ..'LOIF IS A ROOLLERCOASTER'

CHRIS M :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Guest Bearsoul

chris, what is this S.O.N. you keep banging on about?

Sounds Of Norwich?

Sex On Narcotics?

Shane

link

COULD BE WORTHY OF A THREAD SHANE ONLY SOME MAY TAKE OFFENCE OR A GATE..GEDDIT ?'

LIKE THE NORWICH ONE...ALAN PARTRIDGE WOULD FIT IN WELL I RECKON.

IT'S ACTUALLY A MUSICAL (OR WILL BE) 'WORKING TITLE 'SOUND OF NU-MUSIC'

WE'RE BUSY CASTING....HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE GOATS, SOCIAL SERVICES ETC...BUT IT'S COMING TOGETHER. MIGHT GET PAUL S TO PRODUCE. :thumbsup:

Guest ShaneH

COULD BE WORTHY OF A THREAD SHANE ONLY SOME MAY TAKE OFFENCE OR A GATE..GEDDIT ?'

LIKE THE NORWICH ONE...ALAN PARTRIDGE WOULD FIT IN WELL I RECKON.

IT'S ACTUALLY A MUSICAL (OR WILL BE) 'WORKING TITLE 'SOUND OF NU-MUSIC'

WE'RE BUSY CASTING....HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE GOATS, SOCIAL SERVICES ETC...BUT IT'S COMING TOGETHER. MIGHT GET PAUL S TO PRODUCE.  :thumbsup:

link

i like a good musical....

Jamie from Leeds has a good voice....just like Brian Blessed :thumbsup:

good luck Chris

Shane

tony fox  love let love and be loved  blaster  lp

oddyssey  battened ships  mowest  lp

roughly in order.

mark :ok:

link

Excellent work Mr B, hat's off! :thumbsup:

Looks like I missed a right night :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing you all next month, if any of you fancy making Soulsville it's on 2nd Sep.

(Awesome playlists everyone - really good stuff :thumbsup: )

Jamie

i like a good musical....

Jamie from Leeds has a good voice....just like Brian Blessed  :thumbsup:

good luck Chris

Shane

link

At least it's not Bernard Bresslaw :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Guest ShaneH

At least it's not Bernard Bresslaw  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

link

not seen her for a while :D

chris, if you need anyone to sing who sounds like a 'trapped boy'...I am your man!

...no I aint your man but you know what I mean :D:thumbsup:

Shane

Edited by ShaneH
Guest Bearsoul

not seen her for a while  :thumbsup:

chris, if you need anyone to sing who sounds like a 'trapped boy'...I am your man!

...no I aint your man but you know what I mean  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

Shane

link

LOOKING FOR GOATS,NUNS & NAZIS......NOT NECESSARILY IN THAT ORDER.

'TRAPPED BOY' ? '......CAUGHT IN A TRAP ,I CAN'T BREAK FREE .....OH NO ...THAT'S 'SUSPICIOUS MINDS.....BUT COULD BE THE CLOSING NUMBER.

GET PETER KAY TO PLAY THE LEAD AND THAT LULU HAS ALREADY BEEN ON THE PHONE SOMETHING ABOUT CHOLESTEROL AND HOW SHE'S AVAILABLE FOR ANYTHING THAT COMES UP...BUT THAT'S JUST A BIT OF SHOWBIZ GOSSIP !

my pleasure re the badge.

the colored editions are very rare limited presses of the blue green and yellow gretastone soul club badge i only had 5 of each colour made, so these one are the real collectors pieces (might have to auction them on ebay) :thumbsup:

as i have kept 3 and tony has 3 you can see there are  not many to go around,

and no that does not leave 9 as paul and budgie have been given some.

i may keep hold of one or two and raffle or auction them at christmas for charity, should raise at least  £1.50  :lol:   on the subject of charity i have promised one to the cancer bear girls so they can sell or auction it of when the time comes.

mark

link

great nite mark, beer and sandwhiches, soul music and footy on the tele, will defo go again but next time must get me self a lift.

anybody know who played the chap-pels tune and what was it called?

great nite mark, beer and sandwhiches, soul music and footy on the tele, will defo go again but next time must get me self a lift.

anybody know who played the chap-pels tune and what was it called?

link

hi chic played it

somebody help me please -- bedford i think about £20/30

many thanks

mark

Source Advert