A NIGHT 0F 100% ORIGINAL, QUALITY SOUL MUSIC

Rare 6ts Soul,Northern & Crossover

SATURDAY 20th AUGUST and always EVERY 3rd SATURDAY OF THE MONTH

****SPECIAL GUEST DJ THIS MONTH**THE LONG AWAITED*** CHIC****

The Night Runs From 8.00pm til 2.45am??

Tax=£4.00 otd. Includes Buffet

Your DJs for the Night, Mark B, Tony J, Paul H, Budgie, Chris M, Brett

+ RESIDENT STEVIE Z

Last month, was another cracking night!.Loads of new faces again,travellers from all over the Northwest. Backed up by our loyal die-hard regulars, it provided us with a seemless night of quality Soul."Not a bad record played" is a phrase often coined, but biased i may be, i think it appropriate.Kenny Burrell did us proud, thanks again to him and Rona for travelling all the way from Fife.

Anyway, this month see's another debutee,down at the Greatstone, in the guise of

my main man Chic.He has some really awesome tunes tucked away, and i really can't wait to hear him play.

So if you like a warm friendly atmoshphere, great tunes, good company,get yourselves down here, we won't disappoint.Make yourself known if it's your first visit.(NOSEY BLEEDER ME!!) :thumbsup::thumbsup: .....Take It Easy.......Tony

The Greatstone Hotel

A56 Chester Road,Stretford,

Manchester.M32 ORN (2 Mins from MUFC)

More Info Tony 07973-809492 tjackson@hss.co.uk Hotel 0161-865-1640

Next Month Special Guest ALAN POLLARD ***SATURDAY 17th SEPTEMBER***

Edited by Tony Jackson
  • Replies 168
  • Views 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Will be at the Greatstone, and i believe i'm gonna hear Ralph Graham "You Had To Hurt Someone" on Up Front, an incredible deep soul record if ever i heard one, it creeps out then envelopes the listener, hell it reduced me to melancholic despair, FANTASTIC soul music....Jesus can't wait.........

Ps......I Like Masochistic Soul ...... :thumbsup:

Will be at the Greatstone, and i believe i'm gonna hear Ralph Graham "You Had To Hurt Someone" on Up Front, an incredible deep soul record if ever i heard one, it creeps out then envelopes the listener, hell it reduced me to melancholic despair, FANTASTIC soul music....Jesus can't wait.........

Ps......I Like Masochistic Soul ...... :unsure:

link

Hey Up Brett,

Looking forward to seeing you and all the Mob on Saturday :D:D Do yo know if Jamie, Rich and Shane are coming over??

Yeh, Crackin double sider.....Paul spending the kids inheritance again :D:D

See You Later.....Tony

Edited by Tony Jackson

Hey Up Brett,

Looking forward to seeing you and all the Mob on Saturday :D   :D Do yo know if Jamie, Rich and Shane are coming over??

Yeh, Crakin double sider.....Paul spending the kids inheritance again :D   :D

See You Later.....Tony

link

:( Gutted mate, simply cannot make it. I've got the boys next weekend.

Not sure about Mr Buckley though, he may be coming though haven't spoken to him yet.

What I will tell you is that a Transit full of Leeds nutters are coming over next month for Pop's birthday bash!!

Looking forward to that one fella's!! :D

I know it's gonna be a blinder on Saturday, have a couple for me :D

Jamie :unsure:

Guest Bearsoul

This is where I hope to be  :unsure:

Great little soul night to all who have yet to make it there  :D

Shane

link

OWE YOU FOR A 45....I THINK? OR WE CAN TRADE AS I'LL HAVE A FEW SALES WITH ME ON THE 20TH. HOPE YOUR WELL. LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS..AS EVER!!!!!!! CHRIS

Guest ShaneH

OWE YOU FOR A 45....I THINK?  OR WE CAN TRADE AS I'LL HAVE A FEW SALES WITH ME ON THE 20TH. HOPE YOUR WELL. LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS..AS EVER!!!!!!! CHRIS

link

eh up chris. i am fine mate. we can sort something i am sure. see ya there hopefully

shane

Where is the pre-night warm up (i.e..boozer)......give me a time and i'll be there...around dinner..... Tony..(by the way mate are you still putting me up ?)

Guest ShaneH

Where is the pre-night warm up (i.e..boozer)......give me a time and i'll be there...around dinner..... Tony..(by the way mate are you still putting me up ?)

link

not doing bad this lad......he retires from the scene every sunday morning! :unsure:

as soon as a decent night arrives on the soul calendar he is within a mile of the venue 6 hours prior to opening! :D

Shane

link

Should be O.k. Brett as long as the neighbours can look after my lawnmower and strimmers on Sat. night.

P.S. Don't drink any of the bottles marked lemonade,they contain weedkiller, and the little yellow "biscuits" are slug pellets. wacko.gifwacko.gif

not doing bad this lad......he retires from the scene every sunday morning!  :D

as soon as a decent night arrives on the soul calendar he is within a mile of the venue 6 hours prior to opening!  :D

Shane

link

:unsure::D ....You swine Higgins......don't you know i need a chair, what with my feet :D:D

Should be O.k. Brett as long as the neighbours can look after my lawnmower and strimmers on Sat. night.

P.S. Don't drink any of the bottles marked lemonade,they contain weedkiller, and the little yellow "biscuits" are slug pellets. wacko.gif   wacko.gif

link

Jesus Tony, it's like the early 80's all over again.......... :unsure::D

Guest ShaneH

:unsure:   :D ....You swine Higgins......don't you know i need a chair, what with my feet :D   :D

link

:D

looks like its gonna be another good one this saturday!

Shane

Guest lagerlout

not doing bad this lad......he retires from the scene every sunday morning!  :D

as soon as a decent night arrives on the soul calendar he is within a mile of the venue 6 hours prior to opening!  :D

Shane

link

and not forgetting the " i hate northern im not going ever again"

:unsure:

Guest ShaneH

and not forgetting the " i hate northern im not going ever again"

:unsure:

link

thats the fella. :D

Shane

ps we will let him off though cos his enthusiasm for the vast majority of the event is second to none. we just ignore that speech on the way home now knowing full well he will be back as strong as ever within a couple of weeks :D

thats the fella.  :unsure:

Shane

ps we will let him off though cos his enthusiasm for the vast majority of the event is second to none. we just ignore that speech on the way home now knowing full well he will be back as strong as ever within a couple of weeks  :D

link

You read me like a book........ :D

Guest Richard Bergman

You read me like a book........ :D

link

I feel honoured to drag The Brettmeister though his moments of doubt... cause I share them to :unsure:

Will be another great night Saturday for sure...

The resurgence is gathering momentum

I feel honoured to drag The Brettmeister though his moments of doubt... cause I share them to :unsure:

link

:good:

Guest Bearsoul

link

THE TREE-SURGEONS ARE SMOTHERING MOANIN TOM ? ? ?

SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU ABOVE THIS BLOODY MUSIC

WHAT ???? GOT ANY GEAR ? NO SORRY MATE.....SEE Y'ALL

ON SATURDAY.......GRRRRRRR CHRIS :D

Guest Richard Bergman

The Greatstone Soul Club Presents

A NIGHT 0F 100% ORIGINAL, QUALITY SOUL MUSIC

Rare 6ts Soul,Northern & Crossover

SATURDAY 20th AUGUST and always EVERY 3rd SATURDAY OF THE MONTH

The Night Runs From 8.00pm til 2.45am??

Tax=£4.00 otd. Includes Buffet

Your DJs for the Night, Mark B, Tony J, Paul H, Budgie, Paul S

+ RESIDENT STEVIE Z

Last month, was another cracking night!.Loads of new faces again,travellers from all over the Northwest. Backed up by our loyal die-hard regulars, it provided us with a seemless night of quality Soul."Not a bad record played" is a phrase often coined, but biased i may be, i think it appropriate.Kenny Burrell did us proud, thanks again to him and Rona for travelling all the way from Fife.

Anyway, this month see's another debutee,down at the Greatstone, in the guise of

my main man Chic.He has some really awesome tunes tucked away, and i really can't wait to hear him play.

So if you like a warm friendly atmoshphere, great tunes, good company,get yourselves down here, we won't disappoint.Make yourself known if it's your first visit.(NOSEY BLEEDER ME!!) :D   :D .....Take It Easy.......Tony

The Greatstone Hotel

A56 Chester Road,Stretford,

Manchester.M32 ORN (2 Mins from MUFC)

More Info Tony 07973-809492 tjackson@hss.co.uk Hotel 0161-865-1640

Next Month Special Guest ALAN POLLARD ***SATURDAY 17th SEPTEMBER***

link

HAVE THEY REFORMED FOR A ONE OFF GIG AT THE GREATSTONE ?? :unsure:

HAVE THEY REFORMED FOR A ONE OFF GIG AT THE GREATSTONE ?? :unsure:

link

Hahahaa......man alive Rich, i missed that, hell the Greatstone has more pull than i ever thought.....

Guest Bearsoul

Hahahaa......man alive Rich, i missed that, hell the Greatstone has more pull than i ever thought.....

link

THAT 'NILE RODGERS' HAS GOT SOME TOP TUNES IN HIS BOX......HEY 'DON'T KNOCK THE ROCK' BRETT ...AND IF YOUR EVER STUCK FOR A BERTH WE'VE GOT A LUXURY SHED....WELL ACTUALLY WE CALL THEM HOUSES IN SALFORD. BUT NOT THIS MONTH AS WE'RE HOT-FOOTING IT FROM T'GREATSONE TO ME MAMS 80TH PARTY (NEXT DAY NOT SAME NIGHT) AND HER FAVE SOUL NUMBER IS 'ONE IN A MILLION' ...HEY WE NEED MORE SENTIMENTAL SLUSH ON HERE. :unsure::D

THAT 'NILE RODGERS' HAS GOT SOME TOP TUNES IN HIS BOX......HEY 'DON'T KNOCK THE ROCK' BRETT ...AND IF YOUR EVER STUCK FOR A BERTH WE'VE GOT A LUXURY SHED....WELL ACTUALLY WE CALL THEM HOUSES IN SALFORD. BUT NOT THIS MONTH AS WE'RE HOT-FOOTING IT FROM T'GREATSONE TO ME MAMS 80TH PARTY (NEXT DAY NOT SAME NIGHT) AND HER FAVE SOUL NUMBER IS 'ONE IN A MILLION' ...HEY WE NEED MORE SENTIMENTAL SLUSH ON HERE. :D   :D

link

Chris my good man, i love Maxine Brown........good Lord.....The Panic Is On.... :unsure:

Guest Bearsoul

Chris my good man, i love Maxine Brown........good Lord.....The Panic Is On.... :unsure:

link

IT WILL BE MAGNIFICENT AS ALWAYS ,BUT WILL HAVE TO LEAVE EARLY...ABOUT 2.59 AM..HA HA HA :D

IT WILL BE MAGNIFICENT AS ALWAYS ,BUT WILL HAVE TO LEAVE EARLY...ABOUT 2.59 AM..HA HA HA  :D

link

hi just back from weekend away in copenhagen.

looking forward to this lots of northern to play for brett paul has probably bought some more cheap records while tony and myself have been away (separately :D ), tony will be tanned and immaculately turned out as usual with his record box packed with new stuff to play, there will be some great tunes played and as for "chic" being on we always try to bring something different to the night :whistling.

see you all there :unsure:

mark

:(   Gutted mate, simply cannot make it. I've got the boys next weekend.

Not sure about Mr Buckley though, he may be coming though haven't spoken to him yet.

What I will tell you is that a Transit full of Leeds nutters are coming over next month for Pop's birthday bash!!

Looking forward to that one fella's!!  :yes:

I know it's gonna be a blinder on Saturday, have a couple for me  :(

Jamie  :thumbsup:

link

Hi Jamie,

Sorry you can't get over for this one, I'll make sure you get full match commentary, and look forward to seeing you and the Leeds massive next month.......Take It Easy .....Tony :(:(

Edited by Tony Jackson

brilliant!

count me and paul in if you can mate????

last time i drove there i got the AA out 3 times  :(

Shane

link

Done and Done.

Whats AA :thumbsup:

I'll give Mark a call see if he wants to go. If so, we'll have to stock up on sandwiches and chocolate. Oh and some 'Vitale' for Paul :(

I'll need directions as well.

Guest ShaneH

Done and Done.

Whats AA  :thumbsup:

I'll give Mark a call see if he wants to go. If so, we'll have to stock up on sandwiches and chocolate. Oh and some 'Vitale' for Paul  :(

I'll need directions as well.

link

great stuff steve!

The AA is a bloke that turns up from nowhere in the middle of the night and gets you going. paul is well used to that happening so it was pretty normal for him :(:yes:

he will love the vitale gag :(

Shane

Chic is one of the Midlands lads. Top, top bloke and DJ. I always enjoy his sets as they are the perfect blend of class 60's and 70's crossover dancers with more than a smattering of drool worthy rarities.

Jordi

Guest Bearsoul

RICHARD IS ONLY KIDDING! I'VE KNOWN CHIC FOR OVER 30 YEARS (WHERE DID THE TIME GO?) BEING A SHREWSBURY LAD MYSELF AND AS CHIC IS NOW A REGULAR UP AT THE GREATSTONE I DO BELIEVE THERE'S A BIT OF LEG-PULLING GOING ON. I KNOW HE'LL BE SPINNING SOME GREAT TUNES (AS ALWAYS !).

ARE YOU GOING ON SATURDAY ?

BEST 2U . CHRIS :thumbsup:

link

Hi Brett been given the go ahead for an early start so if you want to meet for early swillies im in make sure you have you plastic sheets and water wings for tonys it going to be a long day :thumbsup::(:(

Hi Brett been given the go ahead for an early start so if you want to meet for early swillies im in make sure you have you plastic sheets  and water wings for tonys it going to be a long day  :thumbsup:   :(   :(

link

take it easy paul you know you get tired easily and will be asleep before your spot.

mark

Hi Brett been given the go ahead for an early start so if you want to meet for early swillies im in make sure you have you plastic sheets  and water wings for tonys it going to be a long day  beer.gif   beer.gif   beer.gif

link

:no::no: I Hope I don't have to fit you two with stabilizers again,to wheel you behind the decks swoon.gif On second thoughts i better keep an eye on you all day :unsure: where, when,wot time :unsure:beer.gif

Later.....Tony

Edited by Tony Jackson

:unsure:   laugh.gif I Hope I don't have to fit you two with stabilizers again,to wheel you behind the decks laugh.gif   On second thoughts i better keep an eye on you all day smile.gif where, when,wot time :unsure:   laugh.gif

Later.....Tony

link

Hi Tony can see me looking like forest gump behind the decks sat i,ll phone to finalize drinking expedition we could be heading for unknown territory biggrin.gif:no:

Guest ShaneH

looking real forward to this one smile.gif

i am sure it will be a real tonic for my mucker brett. lets give him a good night and rid him of those northern blues :unsure: (esp if he is coming home with us :unsure: )

Shane

Guest Bearsoul

ARE YOU GOING ON SATURDAY ?

BEST 2U . CHRIS :unsure:

link

I'm working on it Chris. Depends on getting a babysitter as my other half has bagged the night and is going to Soul Underground here in Walsall. :unsure:

Jordi

link

AND IF YOUR EVER STUCK FOR A BERTH WE'VE GOT A LUXURY SHED....WELL ACTUALLY WE CALL THEM HOUSES IN SALFORD.

link

Hehehe thats what you get for living in Salford, take no notice Brett, if you dont want weedkiller and slug pellets for breakfast there is room and plenty of vinil for you :unsure::unsure:

looking real forward to this one  whistling.gif

i am sure it will be a real tonic for my mucker brett. lets give him a good night and rid him of those northern blues wink.gif (esp if he is coming home with us :P )

Shane

link

Hi Shane,

Really glad to hear you can make it over laugh.gif ,does this mean i won't have to clear my shed out :good:

whistling.gifwhistling.gif

No seriously, if you want to stop over with Brett your welcome, there more than enough room :good: :good:

Take It Easy .......Tony

Guest ShaneH

Hi Shane,

Really glad to hear you can make it over  whistling.gif ,does this mean i won't have to clear my shed out :good:

whistling.gif   whistling.gif

No seriously, if you want to stop over with Brett your welcome, there more than enough room :good:  :good:

Take It Easy .......Tony

link

thanks tony. very kind of you.

i will be heading back with my gang from sheffield though on this occassion.

shane

looking real forward to this one  thumbsup.gif

i am sure it will be a real tonic for my mucker brett. lets give him a good night and rid him of those northern blues wicked.gif (esp if he is coming home with us tongue.gif )

Shane

link

Brett ? biggrin.gif

I'm not letting that middle aged old get in my car unsure.gif

Source Advert