The Greatstone Soul Club

Guest Bearsoul

ph34r.gif:(:(:(:(:( time for my meds.....really looking forward to this one

THE GREATSONE THAT IS NOT MY MEDS.....NO ACTUALLY.....MAKE THAT BOTH !!

Edited by bearsoul
  • Replies 168
  • Views 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Len Wade is fantastic Mark, is the Tony Fox LP the one with the "Let Love etc" on ?, if yes then certain that track got a obscure 45' release.

Really looking forward to your spot Mark (May even get the chance to throw that "Jones" crossover thing on for you) :(

Brett

link

Well Brett if the nite is going to be as good as the set that has been prepared over here for hours/days :( it will be an excellent nite. See you all for a fantastic nite on Sat, mind you for the 1500 hrs party, will you be able to see or hear us??? :(:(ph34r.gif

Edited by 7daylover

Well Brett if the nite is going to be as good as the set that has been prepared over here for hours/days  :P   it will be an excellent nite. See you all for a fantastic nite on Sat, mind you for the 1500 hrs party, will you be able to see or hear us??? :lol:   :lol:   whistling.gif

link

Is that you Carlos??.....I've just twigged your advatar :fool: Mariachi band...Mexican......Quick on the uptake me you know :tumbleweed3: .......See you both Saturday......nice and early :thumbup: ......Tony

Guest ShaneH

At his usual rent boy patch  :thumbup:

Not seen you in ages Mr M, will have to have a reet (as you say in the steel city) good catch up  whistling.gif

Tony, I'll give you a buzz re directions to chez Jackson...

Rich

link

steve should know where i am then :tumbleweed3:

see ya saturday richie fella

Shane

steve should know where i am then  :tumbleweed3:

see ya saturday richie fella

Shane

link

Will do sir. By the time I've got to manc from footy and dumped car, will prob be 7ish before I'm there - just in enough time to pick Brett up off the floor whistling.gif

And if you see any Tianamen Square type incidents looking likely, drag me away :thumbup:

Rich

Is that you Carlos??.....I've just twigged your advatar :fool: Mariachi band...Mexican......Quick on the uptake me you know :tumbleweed3: .......See you both Saturday......nice and early :thumbup: ......Tony

link

Hehehe :lol: not many people know Mr Holmes!!! Sure, we'll be there before 8, you never know Brett might pay for our curry!!! :lol::Pwhistling.gif and if so we will be out even earlier :D

Hehehe  whistling.gif not many people know Mr Holmes!!! Sure, we'll be there before 8, you never know Brett might pay for our curry!!!  :thumbup:   :lol:   :tumbleweed3:   and if so we will be out even earlier  :lol:

link

hi carlos

i am as slow as tony i did not twig till he mentioned it see you sat.

mark

Sounds like it's going to be one helluva night as per usual, reserve us our regular table please....... :tumbleweed3:

link

Ahh there you are John my man, there was some talk earlier in the thread,as to your whereabouts, away, holidays, detained at her majesty's ect.....good to hear you coming over on Saturday......looks like being a good un.....See you then...Tony

Ahh there you are John my man, there was some talk earlier in the thread,as to your whereabouts, away, holidays, detained at her majesty's ect.....good to hear you coming over on Saturday......looks like being a good un.....See you then...Tony

link

Been on holiday in Majorca Tony, got back on Tuesday, we was going to do another camping trip this weekend but decided the Greatstone was not to be missed, especially with ex albrighton maestro Chic beind the decks....... :tumbleweed3:

Been on holiday in Majorca Tony, got back on Tuesday, we was going to do another camping trip this weekend but decided the Greatstone was not to be missed, especially with ex albrighton maestro Chic beind the decks....... :tumbleweed3:

link

John,

Hope you had a great time in Majorca, we just got back last weekend, boy was it hot 36 degrees plus!.

Seeing as your not using your tent this weekend, could i borrow it thumbsup.gif I have a couple of house guests on Saturday night, and i'm not sure i wil get time to clear out the shed :thumbup::lol:

Edited by Tony Jackson

John,

Hope you had a great time in Majorca, we just back last weekend, boy was it hot 36 degrees plus!.

Seeing as your not using your tent this weekend, could i borrow it :tumbleweed3: I have a couple of house guests on Saturday night, and i'm not sure i wil get time to clear out the shed thumbsup.gif   :thumbup:

link

With all the Curry breath, beer farts, and sweaty armpits that the tent will be exposed to, would it be usable again afterwards........ :lol:

John,

Hope you had a great time in Majorca, we just back last weekend, boy was it hot 36 degrees plus!.

Seeing as your not using your tent this weekend, could i borrow it :tumbleweed3: I have a couple of house guests on Saturday night, and i'm not sure i wil get time to clear out the shed :thumbup:   :lol:

link

tony is that shed still standing if it is it must be the ivy holding it up :lol: think i'd rather sleep at the greatstone than your shed. on second thoughts the shed seems a better bet thumbsup.gif

mark

With all the Curry breath, beer farts, and sweaty armpits that the tent will be exposed to, would it be usable again afterwards........ :thumbup:

link

Hi John good to hear your back with us saturday i have his and hers cds so no squabbling see you saturday its going to be a good un :tumbleweed3:thumbsup.gif :good:

hi carlos

i am as slow as tony i did not twig till he mentioned it see you sat.

mark

link

Hi Mark, we'll be there early enough to get enough tables for the Shrewsbury and Brough crowds!!! and of course not to miss any of the fine tunes. Well I thought I'll give a clue to see who was the first one to get it, and Tony got it!!! Im sure Sat will be swell!!! :tumbleweed3:

Not seen you in ages Mr M, will have to have a reet (as you say in the steel city) good catch up  :yes:

Rich

link

Looking forward to catching up with you too Rich, I know you'll love the Greatstone, it's almost a twin of soulsville, venue size, music, very similar.......always a great atmosphere too :yes:

Guys I'm so bored waiting for this baby to come ( 10 days late now....) that I'm considering coming tomorrow...can you supply gas and air and a nice comfy chair by any chance?

link

Hi Reg,

I think you'll find a couple of plates of the Greatstone's finest buffet would do the trick nicely!!! :yes:

Good Luck.......Tony

Guys I'm so bored waiting for this baby to come ( 10 days late now....) that I'm considering coming tomorrow...can you supply gas and air and a nice comfy chair by any chance?

link

The back room always reminds me of a birthing parlour, so you should be O.k, and the volume could be turned up to drown the noise, I'll bring my camera so we can get some snaps...... :yes::yes:

The Greatstone Soul Club Presents

A NIGHT 0F 100% ORIGINAL, QUALITY SOUL MUSIC

Rare 6ts Soul,Northern & Crossover

SATURDAY 20th AUGUST and always EVERY 3rd SATURDAY OF THE MONTH

****SPECIAL GUEST DJ THIS MONTH**THE LONG AWAITED*** CHIC****

The Night Runs From 8.00pm til 2.45am??

Tax=£4.00 otd. Includes Buffet

Your DJs for the Night, Mark B, Tony J, Paul H, Budgie, Chris M, Brett

+ RESIDENT STEVIE Z

Last month, was another cracking night!.Loads of new faces again,travellers from all over the Northwest. Backed up by our loyal die-hard regulars, it provided us with a seemless night of quality Soul."Not a bad record played" is a phrase often coined, but biased i may be, i think it appropriate.Kenny Burrell did us proud, thanks again to him and Rona for travelling all the way from Fife.

Anyway, this month see's another debutee,down at the Greatstone, in the guise of

my main man Chic.He has some really awesome tunes tucked away, and i really can't wait to hear him play.

So if you like a warm friendly atmoshphere, great tunes, good company,get yourselves down here, we won't disappoint.Make yourself known if it's your first visit.(NOSEY BLEEDER ME!!) :yes:   :yes: .....Take It Easy.......Tony

The Greatstone Hotel

A56 Chester Road,Stretford,

Manchester.M32 ORN (2 Mins from MUFC)

More Info Tony 07973-809492 tjackson@hss.co.uk Hotel 0161-865-1640

Next Month Special Guest ALAN POLLARD ***SATURDAY 17th SEPTEMBER***

link

Tony Hope you have a great night tonight and please let everyone know who hasnt had there fill of soul on the rarer side that they will be more than welcome to carry on at Winsford. We have a few DJs on tonight who i,m sure will be playing one or two tunes from the rarer side of the scene

Best Regards

Steve

Tony Hope you have a great night tonight and please let everyone  know who hasnt had there fill of soul on the rarer side that they will be more than welcome to carry on at Winsford. We have a few DJs  on tonight who i,m sure will be playing one or two tunes from the rarer side of the scene

Best Regards

Steve

link

Thanks a lot Steve,

I'm pretty sure quite a few will continue the party over at yours, more stamina than me unfortunately,3.00am is plenty late for me after an early start. So anyway have a really good night, enjoy yourself, hope to see you both soon.

Take It Easy.......Tony

Thanks a lot Steve,

I'm pretty sure quite a few will continue the party over at yours, more stamina than me unfortunately,3.00am is plenty late for me after an early start. So anyway have a really good night, enjoy yourself, hope to see you both soon.

Take It Easy.......Tony

link

Thanks Tony,

Felt realy cheeky jumping on Greatstone thread with a plug for Winsford.

We will see you soon .

As always Best Regards

Steve

Thanks Tony,

Felt realy cheeky jumping on Greatstone thread with a plug for Winsford.

We will see you soon .

As always Best Regards

Steve

link

Steve,

Not a problem, there's room enough for us all :yes: Perhaps if a few more people were as tolerant as you and I, there would'nt be the nastiness that has been on display of-late.

Again,have a great night .....Tony :

Got to say, even by Greatstone standards, the music last night was exceptional. I've got a nice list of tracks jotted down to work through, and yes I've found a couple...... :yes:

Nice touch with the coloured badges guy's....... :D

Guests Brett and Chic both played top spots :D

link

Awesome, Awesome Awesome.

Hunting like you John, glad you've found some. Is it too much to hope that you've found two copies of 'Since Man Began' and that you are getting ready to post oneof them to me, as I type ? :yes:

Journey back made longer by the fact that Shane forgot where he lived :yes:

Everybodys playlists, including Chicks please asap.

Thanks for the badge Mark.

Steve

Guest ShaneH

yep...another brilliant night at the greatstone. no one plays as much quality mid-tempo as these boys imo.

thanks to stevem for driving us. a bit of a detour both ways but that usual for me :yes:

I would love to see Jo (femmefatale) from Stockport do a spot down there. she managed to get a few on the decks at the end which was great.

Thanks to the Greatstone boys (you know who you are) for another great night :yes:

Shane

Got to say, even by Greatstone standards, the music last night was exceptional. I've got a nice list of tracks jotted down to work through, and yes I've found a couple...... :yes:

Nice touch with the coloured badges guy's....... :D

Guests Brett and Chic both played top spots :yes:

link

What a fantastic nite, once again, some excellent tunes played last nite. We were talking about till late with Karen and Pete, who were very glad they came last nite. Congrats to all the DJs, :yes: Chic's set was well worth the wait (being his first appearance at The Greatstone,not the last i suspect).Of course Chris kicked the proceedings off with a sublime set of tunes which deserve more exposure, which i'm sure they'll get and Brett followed with more of the same,the rest of the night was usual high quality.

Coloured badges??? Didn't get one!! :diablo:

Superb super superb!! :yes: My first time at Greatstone and I have to say. qulaity of music was exceptional :yes: Top top tunes and a lot I wasn't familiar with - brilliant stuff. Had a brill night and good to see the usual suspect. Thanks a lot guys and especially to Tony and his better looking half for putting us up and being wonderful hosts and to Paul for yet another top CD :yes: Playlists please guys???

See you all soon...

Rich

yep...another brilliant night at the greatstone. no one plays as much quality mid-tempo as these boys imo.

thanks to stevem for driving us. a bit of a detour both ways but that usual for me  :yes:

I would love to see Jo (femmefatale) from Stockport do a spot down there. she managed to get a few on the decks at the end which was great.

Thanks to the Greatstone boys (you know who you are) for another great night  :yes:

Shane

link

Nice to see you guys last night, quality time had by all. Quite agree with you re: Jo, let's just say we're working on it!!!

Superb super superb!!  :yes:   My first time at Greatstone and I have to say. qulaity of music was exceptional  :yes:   Top top tunes and a lot I wasn't familiar with - brilliant stuff. Had a brill night and good to see the usual suspect. Thanks a lot guys and especially to Tony and his better looking half for putting us up and being wonderful hosts and to Paul for yet another top CD :yes: Playlists please guys???

See you all soon...

Rich

link

Hi Rich,

Glad you enjoyed your first visit, hope its going to be the first of many. Can't wait to get over to your doo, whats the date for the next one?.

Speak to later.......Tony

Awesome, Awesome Awesome.

Hunting like you John, glad you've found some. Is it too much to hope that you've found two copies of 'Since Man Began' and that you are getting ready to post oneof them to me, as I type ?  :yes:

Journey back made longer by the fact that Shane forgot where he lived  :yes:

Everybodys playlists, including Chicks please asap.

Thanks for the badge Mark.

Steve

link

No not found mal Adams steve, that's very rare, almost as rare as a Sheff wednesday victory in the championship...... :yes:

Brilliant day out with the Greatstone boys, and an even better night at the Holy Grail of Rare Soul. The Greatstone is a very broad Church when it comes to the diversity of quality vinyl played, i was honoured to have the chance to play some of my 45's surrounded by my peers. Massive thanks to Tony and Janet Jackson for feeding me and giving me a place to sleep, a really wonderful couple :yes: ,

also thanks to Paul,Chris and Carlos for the afternoon session (think i got lost late on, but somehow came back on track thanks to Shane and co :yes: ).

Joan i forgot that cover up you and Stevie told me about :D ..typical.

Right this is what i played before the main guys burnt this place alive :D

The Whispers - it Only Hurts For A Little While (Dore')

Jimmy Burns & Fantastic Epics - It Use To Be (Tip Top)

Ruth Christie - Make The Devil Stop Messin' With Me (Tide)

Ozz & Sperlings - Can You Qualify (Goldenway demo)

Pat Clayton - Someone Else's Turn (Silver Tip)

George Wydell - From Out Of Nowhere (Tangerine)

Brendetta Davis - I Can't Make It Without Him (Liberty demo)

Freddie Houston - If I Had Known (Bell Studio Acetate)

Ruby - Feminine Ingenuity (Gold Token)

The Enchanters - I Should Be Loving You (Delta demo)

Curtis Davis And The Arketts Crossfires Band - Tell Me (Ronnie)

The 107th Street Stickball Team - On Old Broadway (Dorado)

Little Sherman & the Mod Swingers - The Price of Love (Sagport)

Sebastian Williams - Get Your Point Over (Ovide)

Vivian Copeland - Chaos (In My Heart) ( D'oro)

The Terrible Frankie Nieves - True Love (Speed)

F. J. Jones - Gone And Found Another (Philo Spectrum)

T.S.U Toronados - Only Inside (Ovide)

Thanks for all the laughter boys and girls........one of my best nights of Soul.Ever :yes:

Edited by Brett
Guest Bearsoul

Brilliant day out with the Greatstone boys, and an even better night at the Holy Grail of Rare Soul. The Greatstone is a very broad Church when it comes to the diversity of quality vinyl played, i was honoured to have the chance to play some of my 45's surrounded by my peers. Massive thanks to Tony and Janet Jackson for feeding me and giving me a place to sleep, a really wonderful couple :yes: ,

also thanks to Paul,Chris and Carlos for the afternoon session (think i got lost late on, but somehow came back on track thanks to Shane and co :yes: ).

Joan i forgot that cover up you and Stevie told me about :D ..typical.

Right this is what i played before the main guys burnt this place alive :D

The Whispers - it Only Hurts For A Little While (Dore')

Jimmy Burns & Fantastic Epics - It Use To Be (Tip Top)

Ruth Christie - Make The Devil Stop Messin' With Me (Tide)

Ozz & Sperlings - Can You Qualify (Goldenway demo)

Pat Clayton - Someone Else's Turn (Silver Tip)

George Wydell - From Out Of Nowhere (Tangerine)

Brendetta Davis - I Can't Make It Without Him (Liberty demo)

Freddie Houston - If I Had Known (Bell Studio Acetate)

Ruby - Feminine Ingenuity (Gold Token)

The Enchanters - I Should Be Loving You (Delta demo)

Curtis Davis - Tell Me (Ronnie)

The 107th Street Stickball Team - On Old Broadway (Dorado)

Little Sherman & the Mod Swingers - The Price of Love (Sagport)

Sebastian Williams - Get Your Point Over (Ovide)

Vivian Copeland - Chaos (In My Heart) ( D'oro)

The Terrible Frankie Nieves - True Love (Speed)

F. J. Jones - Gone And Found Another (Philo Spectrum)

T.S.U Toronados - Only Inside (Ovide)

Thanks for all the laughter boys and girls........one of my best nights of Soul.Ever :yes:

link

YOUR MOST WELCOME .ALWAYS A PLEASURE ETC...SEE YOU WHEN WE GET BACK FROM USA ON 10TH AT S.O.N. CHIC IS ON AND ME GOOD SELF. JUST PMd YOU.

PRECURSOR SET TO SIR BRETTS' CHRIS M. ...HERE GOES...

Little Anthony & The Imperials - Better Off Without You (Harmony/Vogue Acetate)

Willie Rogers - I Want to thank you (Ronn demo)

Bobby Wade - Can't you hear me calling (Deluxe)

Answers to Love - Try my Love (Lion)

Just Us - I Have this World (Baltic)

Billy Jones - I'll Keep Holding On (Decca/NL)

Eddie Billups - Shake off that Dream (Seventy-Seven)

Al Wilson - Be Concerned (Playboy)

Bart Jackson - Wonderful Dream (Sound Facts)

Al Johnson - Love Waits for No Man (South Camp/issue)

Sonny Childe - Giving Up on Love (Decca demo UK)

Gino Washington - Oh Not Me (Atac)

McKinnley Mitchell - This Place ain't Getting No Better (Sandman)

Chuck Wayne - At Last You Came (Empire)

Brilliant Night (once again !!) I Love You All .....CHRIS M :D

Nice to see you guys last night, quality time had by all. Quite agree with you re: Jo, let's just say we're working on it!!!

link

she,s not let you loose with felt tips beats brett colouring in legs hope you enjoyed the cd top night one and all playlist to follow :thumbsup:

hi

and thanks to everyone for making it another brilliant night thanks to brett and chris fro their exceptional early spots sorry i do not get to hear them properly as i am the tax collector on the door upstairs so just about hear them,

thanks to everyone who travelled a distance to visit us and bot what a distance for some llandudno for one couple and the furthest travelled even further than the intrepid mr and mrs may :thumbsup:

three nice people from skegness do hope you enjoyed it as i know it was your first visit hope you enjoyed winsford after, that is stamina is'nt it a 7 hour journey to the greatstone on to winsford for the rest of the night and then probably the same time to get home :thumbsup:

nice to meet rich and shane and steve and good to see dave ripoles back again, and pat brady on his second visit,

i really cant thank you all enough as without you lot there is no greatstone.

anyway before i bore you all to death :thumbsup:

here is my playlist

geraldine curry & heartstoppers you'e so wonderful london town house

cynthia & the imaginary three that's what i am without you big hit

nicole wills & the soul investigators if this ain't love timmion

chancellors something for sure chamus

one'sy mack never listen to your heart ghetto

johnny vanelli something to sleep on blue dolphin

vevet hammer i can't beleive chila

will hatcher you have'nt seen nothing yet wheelsville

keni lewis what's her name buddah

reachers i just want to do my own thing magic disc