Manifesto Soul Club - Friday 12Th November

A BIG BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR TURNING UP TO HELP ME CELEBRATE MY 60TH BIRTHDAY.

THANKS FOR ALL THE PRESENTS, CARDS & WELL WISHES - VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

TO SAY I WAS OVERWHELMED BY THE FANTASTIC TURNOUT IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT - STANDING ROOM ONLY BY 9.00 O'CLOCK AND IT WAS NICE TO SEE ONE OR TWO FRIENDS I'D NOT SEEN IN A WHILE.

SPECIAL THANKS TO MY GUEST DJs GIBBY, LITTLE AV, DON KITCHIN, JOE LAKIN, ANDY HUDSON, TREV THOMAS FOR KEEPING US ALL ENTERTAINED AND THE DANCE FLOOR BUSY WITH SOME SUPERB MUSIC RIGHT UPTO THE LAST RECORD BEING PLAYED AT 1.15 AND PEOPLE STILL WANTING MORE.

A SPECIAL THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE WHO WORKED HARD TO MAKE THIS A NIGHT FOR ME TO REMEMBER:-

LITTLE AV, STELLA, DON & GERALDINE KITCHIN, ANGELA FOR MAKING THE CAKE, AND TO YOUNG LEWIS FOR TAKING THE PHOTOS. :huh:

PETE

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

A BIG BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR TURNING UP TO HELP ME CELEBRATE MY 60TH BIRTHDAY.

TO SAY I WAS OVERWHELMED BY THE FANTASTIC TURNOUT IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT - STANDING ROOM ONLY BY 9.00 O'CLOCK AND IT WAS NICE TO SEE ONE OR TWO FRIENDS I'D NOT SEEN IN A WHILE.

SPECIAL THANKS TO MY GUEST DJs GIBBY, LITTLE AV, DON KITCHIN, JOE LAKIN, ANDY HUDSON, TREV THOMAS FOR KEEPING US ALL ENTERTAINED AND THE DANCE FLOOR BUSY WITH SOME SUPERB MUSIC RIGHT UPTO THE LAST RECORD BEING PLAYED AT 1.15 AND PEOPLE STILL WANTING MORE.

A SPECIAL THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE WHO WORKED HARD TO MAKE THIS A NIGHT FOR ME TO REMEMBER:-

LITTLE AV, STELLA, DON & GERALDINE KITCHIN, ANGELA FOR MAKING THE CAKE, AND TO YOUNG LEWIS FOR TAKING THE PHOTOS. :hatsoff2:

PETE

Hi Pete & Av,

What a cracking night! Really enjoyed ourselves - great people, great venue and some belting material from all the DJs. One or two seriously out-left-field tunes - you can't beat a bit of Ska, and the Canned Heat was totally unexpected. The Soul Police might not have been impressed but we loved it.

Hope to see you next weekend at the Horti and/or the Washington.

All the best

John & Helen

WHAT A FANTASTIC NIGHT, A THOROUGHLY ENJOYABLE EVENT WHICH WAS VERY WELL ATTENDED INDEED. THAT, I SUPPOSE IS TESTAMENT TO THE POPULARITY OF OUR GOOD FRIEND PETE JAY. PLENTY IN TO HELP HIM AND LITTLE AV CELEBRATE HIS BIRTHDAY. REALLY ENJOYED MYSELF SOCIALLY AND MUSICALLY AS ALL THE JOCKS WERE ON TIP TOP FORM. EVEN PETE'S PARTY PIECE OF ODDBALL BITS AT THE END PROVED THE ICING, LITERALLY ON HIS BIRTHDAY CAKE. A GREAT EVENT INDEED. :thumbsup::hatsoff2:

BRI PINCH

Edited by bri pinch

REALLY PLEASED PETE'S BIRTHDAY BASH WAS JUST PERFECT & A NIGHT HE WILL NOT FORGET. THANKS TO ALL WHO ATTENDED TO MAKE THIS NIGHT EXTRA SPECIAL WITH A REAL PARTY ATMOSPHERE. :thumbsup:

BIG THANKS TO GUEST DJS GIBBY, DON KITCHIN, JOE LAKIN, ANDY HUDSON & TREV THOMAS WHO ALL PLAYED BLINDING SETS - SUPERB CHOICE OF TUNES FROM ALL. :hatsoff2:

THANKS TO GERALDINE FOR DOING THE DOOR DUTIES, DON FOR PUTTING TOGETHER A FREE CD OF SOME OF PETE'S ALL TIME FAVOURITE TUNES, STELLA FOR CREATING SOME FAB POSTERS & THE LOVELY LEWIS FOR SPENDING THE FULL NIGHT TAKING PHOTOS & VIDEOS - REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THOSE. :thumbsup:

I ENJOYED MY DOUBLE DECKING SPOT WITH DON - THE BOXING GLOVES WERE NOT NEEDED! laugh.gif

ONCE AGAIN BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CAME ALONG LAST NIGHT. :lol:

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL NEXT MONTH ON FRIDAY 10TH DECEMBER FOR OUR ANNUAL CHARITY NIGHT IN AID OF THE JACK KITCHING APPEAL WITH GUEST DJS JOE LAKIN & MICK WADDINGTON AKA SANTA & HIS LITTLE ELF. :yes:

AV :lol:

Edited by LittleAv
Guest Derek White

Top top night.

Rounded off well Petes birthday bonanza, (well you're only 60 once) He's a great guy :hatsoff2:

Proper crowd in, the place was buzzin' from the start and only went on from from there.

All the dj's did the business, Trev T as usual had me up shuffling abart, he's been doing that to me for nearly 20 years.

I even managed a bit of cake :thumbsup:

Thanks to Shar & Steve for the lift

Cheers,

Derek.

PS. I heard that Pete might have been a little fragile Sat. morning, hope you looked after him Av..... ;-) lol

Guest Jonah 1959

Hi Pete

Sorry we could'nt make it on Friday to Manifesto for your 60th Birthday Bash,DJ commitments, glad to hear you had a good night,catch up with you and Av soon.

Jonah KTF

Top night for a top bloke, the attendance just goes to show what high regard Pete is held by all who know him. Great tunes played to packed house what more could you want. Loved Pete's set at the end (along with all the others)with a right old mixture, thought Canned Heat sounded brill but record of the night for me was Joe's Astors-I Found Out, can't remember the last time I heard that played out?So hope you wasn't too rough Saturday morning & Av gets her driver back soon :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn & Lynn

Guest Barry Holland

THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERNS OVER MY 'FRAGILITY' AFTER A RARE NIGHT OF DRINKING FOR ME :yes: :yes: :yes:

BUT HAPPY TO REPORT I WAS UP SATURDAY MORNING BRIGHT AS A BUTTON & NO SIGN OF A HANGOVER, JUST A TOUCH OF MANFLU :thumbsup:

WILL POST UP MY PLAYLIST LATER (THOSE I CAN REMEMBER THAT IS).

PETE

Ey up Pete, belated birthday wishes on your 60th. :thumbup: Glad you had a great night and hope you have many more. You deserve it all, top bloke. :yes: From all at the KGB, Barry and Ann.:ohmy:thumbsup.gif

HERE'S THE LINK TO THE EVENT PLAYLISTS:-

I'VE STARTED THE THREAD BY ADDING MY PLAYLIST FROM MY DOUBLE DECKING SPOT WITH DON KITCHIN, 8.00PM TIL 9.00PM.

DJS FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR PLAYLISTS IF YOU WISH TO DO SO.

CHEERS

AV

Just added mine for anyone who's interested ?

Don

Had a brill time last night,great to see the place so full,but then again you wont expect any less as Pete & Av are one lovely couple.

It made a change that I didnt have to drive & a big thanks to John & Sue for the lift home.

Av,I loved the funny tales about him :ohmy:

K&D x

SOME PICCIES I TOOK NOW POSTED IN THE GALLERY:-

https://www.soul-sour...er-pete-jay-60/

KIRSTY - IF YOU SEARCH THE CRIMEWATCH ARCHIVES FOR UNSOLVED CRIMES IN LEEDS DURING THE 1960'S YOU MAY RECOGNISE SOMEONE IN THE GALLERY FROM THEIR PHOTOFIT PIC. :ohmy:

I'M SURE YOU'LL HAVE NOTICED THAT I OMITTED FROM PUTTING ANY CANDLES ON PETE'S CAKE, JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE! :ohmy:

AV :ohmy:

Edited by LittleAv

SOME PICCIES I TOOK NOW POSTED IN THE GALLERY:-

https://www.soul-sour...er-pete-jay-60/

KIRSTY - IF YOU SEARCH THE CRIMEWATCH ARCHIVES FOR UNSOLVED CRIMES IN LEEDS DURING THE 1960'S YOU MAY RECOGNISE SOMEONE IN THE GALLERY FROM THEIR PHOTOFIT PIC. :ohmy:

I'M SURE YOU'LL HAVE NOTICED THAT I OMITTED FROM PUTTING ANY CANDLES ON PETE'S CAKE, JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE! :ohmy:

AV :lol:

Pmsl Av,I did actually say to Dee on Saturday that I was going to goggle it,but I might just wait until its on Crimewatch unsolved :ohmy: . You did right with the matches :ohmy:

Great piccies by the way,we did the card if anyone wants to order one,plug,plug,plug lol xx

LITTLE AV, STELLA, DON & GERALDINE KITCHIN, ANGELA FOR MAKING THE CAKE, AND TO YOUNG LEWIS FOR TAKING THE PHOTOS. :sweatingbullets:

PETE

Hi Pete ,g8 to hear you've finally 'come of age' and the celebrations did you proud .

Just sorry we couldn't be with you this time at Manifesto , but DJin' elsewhere prevented this .

love Andy & Denise

Guest tony hatfield

Tracy and i hadnt been for a while so we made the trip for petes 60th, missed the turning and found ourselves heading towards Donnie anyhow once realizing a quick u turn and we arrived, sorry we missed Don and Avs spot but we were just intime for Joe Lakin and must say those oldies took me right back to me early youth and didnt stop jigging to his set, then on with Trev thomas he played a good varying set of semi and well known oldies also equally enjoyable, and then birthday boy pete finishing with a good assortment, must say first time ive ever heard canned heat played at a soul night it sounded ace!!!:thumbsup: a big plus was the other guy at the front doing what could only be described as cosmanaught dancing laugh.gif then found out he was celebrating his birthday too, all in all a good night very enjoyable and certainly worth the visit. Well Done Pete and Av.

All the best Tony

what a great night, thanks to pete & av for inviting me along to be part of petes birthday celebrations, nice to here some of petes favourites from his misspent pyromaniac youth, have to agree "canned heat" did sound the buisness, however record of the night for me had to be the cool rulers take on "open the door to your heart" pure class,anyway for those interested, heres my playlist not in order

stanley mitchell - get it baby

linda jones - just cant live my life

appreciations - i cant hide it

roosevelt matthews - you got me digging you

kae williams - our love is dying

lost soul - secret of mine

jackie lee - darkest days

salvadors - stick by me baby

bobby wisdom - handwriting

new yorkers - dont wanna be your fool

minnie jones - shadow of a memory

cautions - no other way

honey & bees - dynamite exploded

yvonne daniels - dont wanna get away from your love

chandlers - your love makes me lonely

message untold - i can feel the change in love

barrino bros - trapped in a love

grover mitchell - what hurts

houston outlaws - aint no telling

timothy wilson - hey girl, do you love me

betty fikes - prove it to me

gambrells - you better move

colt 45's - lady lady

johnny rodgers - make a change

johnny summers - im still yours

betty turner - winds kept laughing

chuck flamingo - whats my chances

THANKS TO AV, DON, JOE,ANDY & TREV FOR POSTING UP THEIR PLAYLISTS ( SOME GREAT TUNES :lol: ) THANK YOU

I'VE JUST POSTED UP IN PLAYLISTS LOOKBACK WHAT I PLAYED 12.00 til 1.15

PETE?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>

?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>

Edited by Pete Jay

HERES MY TWISTED WHEEL SPOT ALL OFF UK ORIGINALS

THE TEMPTATIONS WHY YOU WANNA MAKE ME BLUE

THE INVITATIONS WHAT,S WRONG WITH ME BABY

THE O,JAYS I DIG YOUR ACT

JAMES CARR A LOSING GAME

ALEXANDER PATTON A LIL LOVIN SOMETIMES

DEAN PARRISH DETERMINATION

JAMES BROWN NIGHT TRAIN