St Pat's Plumstead-19Th Feb 2011

Kev Moore

The same place I had my Birthday bash. All who came know it's a space made for a good Northern do, so I'm getting together with Little Ian (Southside Soul & Boogaloo) to put a night on.

COLLECTORS SPECIAL

60's & 70's Rare & Classic Northern Soul & Quality Semi-Known Gems

Spinning the tunes on the night

DAVE MOORE (there's that beat!, Hitsville Spain)

TONY SMITH 1 (100Club London, Burnley Falcon)

NICK BROWN (Scenesville, Crossfire London)

LITTLE IAN ( SouthsideSoul, Boogaloo London)

KEV MOORE (The Alex, grapevinesoul, Boogaloo London)

SATURDAY 19th Feburary 2011

ST Pat's

Hector Street

Plumstead

London

SE18 1QT

8.00pm til 1.00am

£5 otd-cheap bar- dancefloor

Excellent Sound System

Friendly crowd

I hope you can join us for what will be a belting knees-up!

:yes:

Regards

Kev

All being well here's the dj times for next week.

Kev Moore 8.00pm - 8.45pm

Little Ian 8.45pm - 9.30pm

Nick Brown 9.30pm - 10.30pm

Tony Smith 10.30pm - 11.30pm

Dave Moore 11.30pm - 12.30pm

Dave & Tony 12.30pm ----Finish

Hope this suits everyone.

Regards

Kev

Edited by Kev Moore
  • Replies 139
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Little Ian!

What time you on Ian as we don't want to miss your set and go home without dancin?

your feet will be sore by the end of the nite. guaranteed :wave: dave played some very nice tunes at kevs party and the floor was packed

nick has played at pretty much all the soulful south gigs we put on so you will know him :thumbsup:

The sounds are going to be full on from 8 no warm up so get in early

Ian

What time you on Ian as we don't want to miss your set and go home without dancin?

Danny

There will be guranteed opportunities to Dance your ass off all night if you enjoy Northern.

As I don't know you I'm not sure what style of music you like but this night will be 95% 60's/70's Northern dancers with a hint of quality 70's Dancers and an occassional mid tempo/beat ballad.

As said previously on this thread all the dj's are serious Northern collectors.

I'm sure you'll have a fantastic night, however if you come down expecting to hear your top 20 all night you might be dissappointed. Some tunes might be new to you, but if you are genuinely up for a good dance to storming good quality Northern this will be the place for you.

And Ian's right...get down early so as not to miss anything ...and as its looking like it might be a lock out!

Not wanting to alienate people but there will be no out and out r'n'b or Latin played..

This is a totally different night to Boogaloo at which as we know Warren caters for those styles very well.

The times of the dj's spots was posted just previous to your post.

Hope this helps

Regards

Kev

Edited by Kev Moore

Just a slight change.

I've just been informed that we'll have to start the night at 8.00pm rather than 7.30 as there's mass in the church next door until 7.40pm but we'll be in there straight away and quality tunes will be played from the start.

No warming up or any of that stuff.

When they've filled their souls we'll begin filling ours!

Come early to get the most of what's going to be a cracking night.

Cheers

Father Kev :hatsoff2:

Anyone joining THE CONGREGATION then....................?

we have had a change of plan next weekend forced upon us so will be in Kent for the weekend and as its just a trip up the A2 it would be rude not to pop along for this and come and have a boogie or 2 :no: so all things being well myself and Marie will see you Friday :)

woo hoo :)

we have had a change of plan next weekend forced upon us so will be in Kent for the weekend and as its just a trip up the A2 it would be rude not to pop along for this and come and have a boogie or 2 :yes: so all things being well myself and Marie will see you Friday :)

Paul, If you turn up friday mate you`ll be a tad early :no::no:

Alleluia .....what is good for the spirit is good for the soul...:)

Altogether im sure the heavens will be delighted.....:)

BakerSoul

Booked my place already Brian. The Big G owes me one for not letting me be an altar boy when I was 10. But that's another story....:no:

.....soul in abundance is the name of the game.

Best

Kev

we have had a change of plan next weekend forced upon us so will be in Kent for the weekend and as its just a trip up the A2 it would be rude not to pop along for this and come and have a boogie or 2 :no: so all things being well myself and Marie will see you Friday :)

Let me tell you Brethren t' Paul that this night starts at *8.00pm on SATURDAY 19th Feb.

It'll be a good night Paul. But please tell Marie to find ya glasses!!

Best

Kev

Let me tell you Brethren t' Paul that this night starts at *8.00pm on SATURDAY 19th Feb.

It'll be a good night Paul. But please tell Marie to find ya glasses!!

Best

Kev

Hopefully all things going well we will see you on Saturday then :thumbsup: now wheres me glasses laugh.gif

Hi Imogen, wish I could be with you, but Parr Hall, Warrington for me, sure to be a great night ,what with Kev and the Hitsville crew hold on to your hats Plumstead. St Pats gonna be a good one. Romanxx

Really looking forward to seeing Dave as I missed last years Hitsville weekend due to work. Bahh! And he has some tunes in his Box!

Everyone's getting excited about this one now. I really think it's going to be a great night.

I know that Tony & Jet are really looking forward to it. Tony doesn't take on nearly as many dj slots as he should and when I spoke to Nick Brown he was really eager to get behind the decks again.

Not long now.

Hopefully see you soon Roman.

Imogen. x

I was gonna bring "Since I Talk To My Baby" but I'll take it out now, not planned to have "Been Ready For A Long Time" with me either. I'll dig the Gambrells out tomorrow.

Regards,

Dave

You can use my copy Dave if you want to play it or I'll give it a spin early doors.thumbsup.gif

Looks like a good box you're putting together again. heard a few of Tony's the other day. Mel Wynn, Ann Bryers etc....good stuff.

Looks like THE CONGREGATION will be happy.:thumbup:

Best

Kev

Your package arrived today Dave.:yes:

Will be good to see you on Sat Kev. Are you bringing Pam or is she still playing snooker?:lol:

Kev

:shhh: ......or there'll be no kissing the pink, and my balls will be well skewed!

Pam will be with me mate. It's just unfortunate that she hasn't learn't how to drive outside of Medway yet so it's a dry night for me. :thumbsup:

:lol: Can you remove that portrait picture from the lobby before I arrive please 'cos it gives me the willies. :yes:

Edited by KevinKent

:yes: ......or there'll be no kissing the pink, and my balls will be well skewed!

Pam will be with me mate. It's just unfortunate that she hasn't learn't how to drive outside of Medway yet so it's a dry night for me. :thumbsup:

:shhh: Can you remove that portrait picture from the lobby before I arrive please 'cos it gives me the willies. :lol:

Do you want us to pick you up so you can have a beer Kev :lol:

:yes: ......or there'll be no kissing the pink, and my balls will be well skewed!

:shhh: Can you remove that portrait picture from the lobby before I arrive please 'cos it gives me the willies. :lol:

Sorry Kev. What would THE CONGREGATION do without a vicar?:lol:

See you on Sat.

Best

Kev

Don't worry about Kev he told me at the 100 club he's gone tee total so you could pop over and give me and the missus a lift. We'll show our appreciation in a number of ways.

Yeah..right. You mean the last 100 Club niter .....where I fell off the stage? And before you say it, no I wasn't pushed off! :thumbsup:

Yeah..right. You mean the last 100 Club niter .....where I fell off the stage? And before you say it, no I wasn't pushed off! :yes:

I think that was my fault you fell off the stage Kev. I was trying to pass you your coat as you were the last one out. :thumbsup: Sorry about that!

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.

:D

:yes::D Paul that would really be appreciated mate!

If you and Marie have time to come and eat and maybe listen to a few tunes before we depart - just shout mate 'cos you're welcome.

:yes: - Kev

thats very kind of you to offer Kev BUT what time is dinner served :D sounds like a plan :yes: i got stuff to do afternoon i just cant get out of and not sure what time will be finished but could be with you some time after 5 hopefully, will call you nearer the time Kev :thumbsup:

this night is going to be very soulful by the looks of it and quite refreshing we cant wait now :D

:thumbsup:

thats very kind of you to offer Kev BUT what time is dinner served :yes: sounds like a plan :thumbup: i got stuff to do afternoon i just cant get out of and not sure what time will be finished but could be with you some time after 5 hopefully, will call you nearer the time Kev :yes:

this night is going to be very soulful by the looks of it and quite refreshing we cant wait now :(

No probs mate, I know you have commitments. We can eat (or not) just before leaving, and listen to tunes in the car. I've done you that CD I was gonna give you.

If you're busy just the lift will be fine, and very much appreciated..

:ohmy: - Kev.

Nice!

It's been a few years since I 'DJ'd' in UK outside family gatherings Dave, so I'm looking forward to playing some bits in among the odd slipmat and stuff! :thumbsup:

Regards,

Dave

:lol:laugh.giflaugh.gif:thumbup: is that a White Demo Dave?

Looks like a great weekend for Northern ....Solid Hit Soul with brummie Mick (also celebrating his birthday)....Then St Pat's....THE CONGREGATION await....Dave my phones not stopped buzzin' the last coupla days. I'm glad I'm on half term next week and will have a few days to recover!!!!

Kev

Edited by Kev Moore

laugh.giflaugh.gif:thumbup: :thumbup: is that a White Demo Dave?

Looks like a great weekend for Northern ....Solid Hit Soul with brummie Mick (also celebrating his birthday)....Then St Pat's....THE CONGREGATION await....Dave my phones not stopped buzzin' the last coupla days. I'm glad I'm on half term next week and will have a few days to recover!!!!

Kev

I'm hoping to see the Hitsville slipmats gracing the Technics. :lol: If it's the regular black Technics slipmats I'll need a set of bottlebottom specs!! :thumbup:

Anyone bringing any sales?? :thumbsup:

Regards,

Dave

PS. Box almost whittled down down now. 1 more afternoon to tidy it up and that's it, I'm en route. Half classics and half..... err.....not classics? :lol: :lol:

I'm hoping to see the Hitsville slipmats gracing the Technics. :lol: If it's the regular black Technics slipmats I'll need a set of bottlebottom specs!! laugh.gif

Anyone bringing any sales?? :thumbsup:

Regards,

Dave

PS. Box almost whittled down down now. 1 more afternoon to tidy it up and that's it, I'm en route. Half classics and half..... err.....not classics? :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hitsville/Groovesville & Hitsville/Soulville slip mats ready and waiting Dave thumbsup.gif

I'll be taking a small box of sales down...anyone else? I know Nick Brown has had a sales box out the last few times I've seen him

Kev

Kev,

Might bring sales, might not, maybe just a small box as I'll be bringing the main one to use for the set and I don't want to be puffing meself out too much lugging loads of boxes around!

Anyway, I am looking forward to this gig in a really big way, as I think the other DJs on the line-up are really going to deliver. I remember hearing Dave at the birthday do, and he picked a really good set which mixed some real pieces of quality (Poets on J2, Guitar Ray kind of thing) with some really walloping heavyweight classics (the "Wanted in Three States" kind of thing) that should really burn up the dancefloor. I remember being really impressed with the mix of selections, and a bit frustrated that I couldn't dance because of a knackered ankle! Tony has been one of the foremost DJ/collectors in London for as long as I can remember, Ian has been a stalwart DJ and promoter around the South East London area for ages and has not only been picking up some very interesting things lately, but also knows how to put them together in a set, and Kev has clearly done the thing every promoter should do, which is to put a lot of thought into formulating a really well-defined view of what character his night should have - and that's the secret to a really good night.

As for what I'm planning to play, I'm hoping to try and get an imaginative, fresh and fun mix of old faves, complete unknowns and creative picks, which might involve some of the following:

Jackie Lee - Wanted And Needed (C/U)

Ernie Wheelwright - In Your Arms (Gaye)

Pic & Bill - What Does It Take (Charay)

Billy Miranda - You Could Have Had A Good Thing Going (Queens)

Anita Anderson - Little Bit Longer (Contact)

King Sound Interpreters - You've Got Soul (Talent Of Music)

Ernie & Ed - Indication (Jay Boy)

Houston Outlaws - Ain't No Telling

Dolls - The Reason Why (Toy)

Dee Clark - She's My Baby (Constellation)

Doc & The Interns - The Love That You Give (Unissued)

Mr Percolator - Burning Up For Your Love (Wax Wel)

Rochelles Tear Drops (Spacey)

Dynamite Singletary - The Same Way You Love Your Man (Dynamite).

I don't think I've got time to put soundfiles up, but I think you can check some of these out on a six-pack (as "Nick Brown", I would guess, or maybe "Driveller") that should be on Soul Source somewhere, or via the old Scenesville site, which still exists, although some of the links may be broken. I've just had a look at the Scenesville one (go to www.Scenesville.info and pick the "sound gallery" link after entering the site), and you can certainly hear the the Dynamite Singletary and Pic & Bill tracks, maybe some others too.

I'm getting really excited about this gig, and last 100 Club, I was struck by just how many people told me they were looking forward to going, so it's shaping up to be a real stormer. The room is great (retro feel, great dancefloor and drinks at social club prices), and ony about a 15/20-minute drive from Boogaloo in Greenwich, so if you can get to that, you should be able to get to Plumstead no sweat.

Right line-up, right room, right crowd - what more could you ask for!

See you at the go go!

Nick

Edited by Driveller

Kev,

Might bring sales, might not, maybe just a small box as I'll be bringing the main one to use on the decks and I don't want to be puffing meself out too much lugging loads of boxes around!

As for what I'm planning to play, I'm hoping to try and get an interesting and hopefully fresh and fun mix of old faves, complete unknowns and imaginative picks, which might involve some of the following:

Can't see any tunes listed Nick but....

I'm sure they will go down well. The last few times I've heard your sets they've always impressed me.

Sounds like a good mix, sure it will keeping things interesting as well.:thumbsup:

Regards

Kev

Kev,

Might bring sales, might not, maybe just a small box as I'll be bringing the main one to use for the set and I don't want to be puffing meself out too much lugging loads of boxes around!

Anyway, I am looking forward to this gig in a really big way, as I think the other DJs on the line-up are really going to deliver. I remember hearing Dave at the birthday do, and he picked a really good set which mixed some real pieces of quality (Poets on J2, Guitar Ray kind of thing) with some really walloping heavyweight classics (the "Wanted in Three States" kind of thing) that should really burn up the dancefloor. I remember being really impressed with the mix of selections, and a bit frustrated that I couldn't dance because of a knackered ankle! Tony has been one of the foremost DJ/collectors in London for as long as I can remember, Ian has been a stalwart DJ and promoter around the South East London area for ages and has not only been picking up some very interesting things lately, but also knows how to put them together in a set, and Kev has clearly done the thing every promoter should do, which is to put a lot of thought into formulating a really well-defined view of what character his night should have - and that's the secret to a really good night.

As for what I'm planning to play, I'm hoping to try and get an imaginative, fresh and fun mix of old faves, complete unknowns and creative picks, which might involve some of the following:

Jackie Lee - Wanted And Needed (C/U)

Ernie Wheelwright - In Your Arms (Gaye)

Pic & Bill - What Does It Take (Charay)

Billy Miranda - You Could Have Had A Good Thing Going (Queens)

Anita Anderson - Little Bit Longer (Contact)

King Sound Interpreters - You've Got Soul (Talent Of Music)

Ernie & Ed - Indication (Jay Boy)

Houston Outlaws - Ain't No Telling

Dolls - The Reason Why (Toy)

Dee Clark - She's My Baby (Constellation)

Doc & The Interns - The Love That You Give (Unissued)

Mr Percolator - Burning Up For Your Love (Wax Wel)

Rochelles Tear Drops (Spacey)

Dynamite Singletary - The Same Way You Love Your Man (Dynamite).

I don't think I've got time to put soundfiles up, but I think you can check some of these out on a six-pack (as "Nick Brown", I would guess, or maybe "Driveller") that should be on Soul Source somewhere, or via the old Scenesville site, which still exists, although some of the links may be broken. I've just had a look at the Scenesville one (go to www.Scenesville.info and pick the "sound gallery" link after entering the site), and you can certainly hear the the Dynamite Singletary and Pic & Bill tracks, maybe some others too.

I'm getting really excited about this gig, and last 100 Club, I was struck by just how many people told me they were looking forward to going, so it's shaping up to be a real stormer. The room is great (retro feel, great dancefloor and drinks at social club prices), and ony about a 15/20-minute drive from Boogaloo in Greenwich, so if you can get to that, you should be able to get to Plumstead no sweat.

Right line-up, right room, right crowd - what more could you ask for!

See you at the go go!

Nick

Ah so you do still have the Jackie Lee...haven't heard that in a while it will be good to hear it again.:thumbsup:

Half of the list I don't know Nick which is all good to me....anticipation of hearing them. Should get a few jaws wagging on the floor or at the bar on Saturday.:D

Not long now........

......and as you say....see you at the Go Go!

Regards

Kev

Sure, I've got loadsa of Disco...ahem, I mean 'er yes maybe I could find a few...does this one qualify (Moments - Nine Times at a mere £15!) or did you want the Tavares!?!

Bet Dave likes this one on a WD!?!

:thumbsup:

Hi Dave, thanks for looking. Do you have any obscure disco? I wouldn't really class the Moments or Tavares as disco, just 70's soul.

I've a few WD Disco 45's Dave might be interested in too :D

Cheers,

Imogen

Source Advert