Pete Neal's 50Th Bash

Soulsmurf is sending an open invite to all who have known Pete Neal over the past 30+ years on the Northern Soul Scene, from his home town of YORK to the wonderful town of sunny Wigan and other far flung reaches of the corners of UK he has frequented over his travels on the Northern Soul Scene.

Pete has left his unique paw print on setting up and runnning various clubs over these years these include:

The Adelphi Hotel - Harrogate, with Colin Marshall, Chris Lowcotk and Keith Hudson.

The Manhattan Club - Harrogate.

Wigan Town Hall - Wigan, with the Soulsmurf

For Dancers Only - Orrell, with the Soulsmurf

Follow Your Heart Soul Club - Horwich RMI, with the Soulsmurf.

Over the past 30 years Pete has been known for his passion for the 100 mph stuff (and for a short while the modern :thumbsup: oh yes coops and Kev Such please take note.)

Pete's Surprise Birthday Bash so please don't anyone tell him, (I have wrote this in invisible ink and hid his glasses),is to be held on

SATURDAY 29th JANUARY 2011

At ROBIN PARK ISC,

LOIRE DRIVE,

WIGAN

WN5 0UL (how apt is that Post Code)

DJ's for the event are from varing stages of Pete's Northern Soul Life

Kev Such - Cream Cracker

Di & Harry Crosby - York Cresent Club

Brookesy - Burcourgh Leigon

Grant - Stockport Civic

Blunny - Orrell Soul Club

Jeff Wilde

Soulsmurf

Special Surprise Guest.

Kicking off at 7:30pm until very late.

Hope to see you there to help the old git into the next half century.

Smurfy x x x

• Replies 84
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Soulsmurf is sending an open invite to all who have known Pete Neal over the past 30+ years on the Northern Soul Scene, from his home town of YORK to the wonderful town of sunny Wigan and other far flung reaches of the corners of UK he has frequented over his travels on the Northern Soul Scene.

Pete has left his unique paw print on setting up and runnning various clubs over these years these include:

The Adelphi Hotel - Harrogate, with Colin Marshall, Chris Lowcotk and Keith Hudson.

Over the past 30 years Pete has been known for his passion for the 100 mph stuff (and for a short while the modern :huh: oh yes coops and Kev Such please take note.)

Pete's Surprise Birthday Bash so please don't anyone tell him, (I have wrote this in invisible ink and hid his glasses),is to be held on

At ROBIN PARK ISC,

LOIRE DRIVE,

WIGAN

Kev Such - Cream Cracker

Grant - Stockport Civic

Jeff Wilde

Soulsmurf

Special Surprise Guest.

Smurfy x x x

my lips are sealed Liz :lol: looking forward to this :yes:

Over the past 30 years Pete has been known for his passion for the 100 mph stuff (and for a short while the modern :D oh yes coops and Kev Such please take note.)

At ROBIN PARK ISC,

LOIRE DRIVE,

WIGAN

Kev Such - Cream Cracker

Grant - Stockport Civic

Jeff Wilde

Soulsmurf

Special Surprise Guest.

Smurfy x x x

Don't you mean Burskow Legiron....? Have you been on the ale again? :lol::no:

Over the past 30 years Pete has been known for his passion for the 100 mph stuff (and for a short while the modern :thumbsup: oh yes coops and Kev Such please take note.)

At ROBIN PARK ISC,

LOIRE DRIVE,

WIGAN

Kev Such - Cream Cracker

Grant - Stockport Civic

Jeff Wilde

Soulsmurf

Special Surprise Guest.

Smurfy x x x

One of the old crowd from my youth pete, nice to start seeing him again especially WITHOUT those dyed Tints in his hair circa 1979 :thumbsup: and the black full length leather & polyvelts :thumbsup: Great times indeed, it was lovely to bump into him in the street in york last year, with us both pointing and saying each others names in unison :thumbsup: ahhh the ravages of old father time :thumbsup:. Lovely to see pete now settled with his lovely lady liz. It will be a not only a pleasure but an honour to not only to spin some records for the man but just to be in attendance at the WHIPPERSNAPPERS ARF CENTURY :thumbsup::yes:

Woo hoo how excited am i ?? VERY :thumbsup: really cant wait to spend a top night in the company of a top guy (and gorgeous girl) :thumbsup: roll on 29th :thumbsup:

GRANT are you ready for another thrashing sweetie ?? :thumbsup::lol: xxxxxxxx

your dreamin' again Di whistling.gif look forward to seeing u there :lol:

Grant you know its you thats dreaming as always, u was well and truely thrashed the last time. :):lol:

Seriously you both did a blinding spot.

Di we will be seeing Grant on Sat, he's playin at Burscough (I'll borrow his records when he aint looking and give him them back two weeks on Saturday :yes: )

Guest kev such

Thats the week done, so a step closer to this little get together.

Did you get hold of Glynn and Lorraine?

Spoke to Lee and Kath the other day and they are looking forward to coming up to give Pete the bumps, may have to do it in stages, 50's a fricking lot of bumps ya know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete, MODERN?!!!!! What the fricking hells all that about?

See you a week Saturday Peeps, going to be with you late afternoon, all going well and traffic permitting.

Kev ( Taris Bulbar) Such and Karen

Edited by kev such

Thats the week done, so a step closer to this little get together.

Did you get hold of Glynn and Lorraine?

Spoke to Lee and Kath the other day and they are looking forward to coming up to give Pete the bumps, may have to do it in stages, 50's a fricking lot of bumps ya know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete, MODERN?!!!!! What the fricking hells all that about?

See you a week Saturday Peeps, going to be with you late afternoon, all going well and traffic permitting.

Kev ( Taris Bulbar) Such and Karen

Yo Yal Brinner and Karen

I have pmed Glynn and Lorraine but have not heard anything as yet and I don't have their phone no do u? Hope that Lee and Kath have got their van all kitted out but think the house maid in this hotel will let them off sneaking out, will be great to meet up again and I hope there is a hot water bottle in tow, cos baby might need it as its like the Antarctic here at the mo.

All have a safe journey down and see you all on the 29th, don't forget Kev u owe me a dance like at Barnstaple. Can I lead this time?

Think Pete had taken leave of his sences for a while before I met him and he frequented the Modern scene for a while

Edited by soulsmurf
Guest porky yorkie

Gosh you old git Pete, wots it like being nearly half a century old.......? :thumbup::thumbup:

This will be a top bash for a top geezer, looking forward to spinning a few tunes for the birthday boy! :thumbup:

Dunno I'll let ya know when I get there

One of the old crowd from my youth pete, nice to start seeing him again especially WITHOUT those dyed Tints in his hair circa 1979 :lol: and the black full length leather & polyvelts :lol: Great times indeed, it was lovely to bump into him in the street in york last year, with us both pointing and saying each others names in unison :lol: ahhh the ravages of old father time :lol:. Lovely to see pete now settled with his lovely lady liz. It will be a not only a pleasure but an honour to not only to spin some records for the man but just to be in attendance at the WHIPPERSNAPPERS ARF CENTURY :lol::yes:

Oooooh, Pete-----and I always thought you were SOOOOO butch..............:lol::lol: Dyed tints indeed, was that when you were going through your New Romantic stage mate?

Mind you I suppose its better than grey tints, init.....? :thumbsup::lol:

Oooooh, Pete-----and I always thought you were SOOOOO butch..............:lol::lol: Dyed tints indeed, was that when you were going through your New Romantic stage mate?

Mind you I suppose its better than grey tints, init.....? :lol::lol:

Pete told me they are distingwishing (think I spelt that well wrong)

Not long to go now get ready to PARTY,beer.gifking.gif:D

Guest kev such

Yo Yal Brinner and Karen

I have pmed Glynn and Lorraine but have not heard anything as yet and I don't have their phone no do u? Hope that Lee and Kath have got their van all kitted out but think the house maid in this hotel will let them off sneaking out, will be great to meet up again and I hope there is a hot water bottle in tow, cos baby might need it as its like the Antarctic here at the mo.

All have a safe journey down and see you all on the 29th, don't forget Kev u owe me a dance like at Barnstaple. Can I lead this time?

Think Pete had taken leave of his sences for a while before I met him and he frequented the Modern scene for a while

I will txt Glynn and Lorraines number to Pete, so you can contact them Liz.

Im surprised the staff at the hotel didnt catch on when they walked past reception in the morning with enough quilts, blankets and pillows to bed a coach party down for the night.

Will see what we can do regarding the hot water bottle.

No problems regarding the dance Liz, but this may be the 21st Century and womens equality and all that, but one of the last bastions of male awarness is that The man leads.

See you next Saturday

Kev and Karen

"No problems regarding the dance Liz, but this may be the 21st Century and womens equality and all that, but one of the last bastions of male awarness is that The man leads."

Er what that all about Mr Such one would think you don't trust me..................come to think of it if I was me I wouldn't trust me either (ha beat you too it Brookesy, Tony P and Grant.)

I have spoken to Glynn on the phone but could understand him the line was bad well Pete's phone was. Really looking foward to next week eventhough I aint got a clue who is gonna turn up as only had a few reply's to the invites.

Any way the count down begins.

"No problems regarding the dance Liz, but this may be the 21st Century and womens equality and all that, but one of the last bastions of male awarness is that The man leads."

Er what that all about Mr Such one would think you don't trust me..................come to think of it if I was me I wouldn't trust me either (ha beat you too it Brookesy, Tony P and Grant.)

I have spoken to Glynn on the phone but could understand him the line was bad well Pete's phone was. Really looking foward to next week eventhough I aint got a clue who is gonna turn up as only had a few reply's to the invites.

Any way the count down begins.

as i prevented you from 'borrowing' my records on sat Liz we'll be there, along with sandy and donna :D :D

I'm over the man flu now liz so Rett me and the stick will be there but i don't think i'll be up to 5mph tunes never mind the 100mph :lol: see you sat :lol:

Ian and Rett :thumbsup:

I'll bring some slower stuff for you to hobble round to if you like Ian............:lol:

Or you could always borrow Petes new zimmer, I'm sure he wouldn't mind...........:lol::D

post-1505-0-31622700-1295900007_thumb.jp

Guest porky yorkie

SSSSSSSSHHHHHH I've managed to sneak on for a while just to remind every one.

All comments are being noted and for those misbehaving I won't hit you with a ZIMMER FRAME.

I'll set the false teeth on ya instead.

SHHH!!!! don't tell Liz I'm gonna borrow hers.

SSSSSSSSHHHHHH I've managed to sneak on for a while just to remind every one.

All comments are being noted and for those misbehaving I won't hit you with a ZIMMER FRAME.

I'll set the false teeth on ya instead.

SHHH!!!! don't tell Liz I'm gonna borrow hers.

You'll have to prise them off Grants ankle first................:thumbsup:

Sorting some sounds out tonight for Saturday, any requests anyone...???

Sensible ones only please..................:lol:

You'll have to prise them off Grants ankle first................:lol:

Sensible ones only please..................:g:

erm............. sensible? i'll not bother then :lol:

I could do with listening to steve Mancha again, "lets party" very apt eh???? :thumbsup:

Guest porky yorkie

You'll have to prise them off Grants ankle first................:lol:

Sensible ones only please..................:g:

Liz has asked for RUN FOR COVER then she added cos we're gonna need to. :thumbsup:

Guest aaz19tdi

Liz has asked for RUN FOR COVER then she added cos we're gonna need to. :lol:

God help anyone who dances near our Liz :lol: be advised anyone, give the girl some space :D :D :lol:

Going to be a cracking night Pete you no us we like to parttttttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :g::thumbsup:

God help anyone who dances near our Liz :D be advised anyone, give the girl some space :lol: :lol: :g:

Going to be a cracking night Pete you no us we like to parttttttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :g::lol:

yes we do don't we especially in other peoples hotel rooms until the crack of dawn drinking Vodka and laughing about Yaks and Yul Brinner, then sneaking past recpetion with the contents of a bedding shop tucked under the arm.:yes::lol:

think you can run for cover too after the comment. :D just follow Pete, Brookesy, Tony P and Grant.:thumbsup: Kev is being a good boy cos he know it makes sense.

You'll have to prise them off Grants ankle first................:thumbsup:

Sensible ones only please..................:lol:

1. The Smurf Song

2. Wombles Song

3. I will Survive.

4. Shang a Lang (for me n Lisa)

5. Friggin in the Riggin :g:

Source Advert