Crofton Community Centre

Guest GPJON

Having scanned through the soul source events for a venue for tonight we came accross Crofton Community Centre advertising a large dance floor and cheap drinks. Just the job for us Barnsley town folk! The suggestion of a large dance floor gives us room to move and soulies to view as they strutt their stuff. However having stumped up taxi fairs from town and £3 entrance fees each we were gobsmacked to be faced with what we thought was a break out room with a dance floor no larger than a living room area, being the only space to dance. There were 6 tables and 24 seats to accommodate guests. Admittedly we left at midnight but upto this point only four people had ventured onto the dance floor area. The drinks in my opinion are not cheap as advertised in comparison to other venues! Local members of this club pay 40p less per pint and this is displayed in the bar area.

We we're disappointed as the venue did not appear to be as described. However for the other 30 or so attending they might have had an enjoyable evening listening to obscure tracks and sharing the pleasures of being soul connoisseurs.

Basically this venue is probably excellent at what it is but is misleadingly described, and I would not want anyone else to waste their time and money not knowing what the event is all about.

Having scanned through the soul source events for a venue for tonight we came accross Crofton Community Centre advertising a large dance floor and cheap drinks. Just the job for us Barnsley town folk! The suggestion of a large dance floor gives us room to move and soulies to view as they strutt their stuff. However having stumped up taxi fairs from town and £3 entrance fees each we were gobsmacked to be faced with what we thought was a break out room with a dance floor no larger than a living room area, being the only space to dance. There were 6 tables and 24 seats to accommodate guests. Admittedly we left at midnight but upto this point only four people had ventured onto the dance floor area. The drinks in my opinion are not cheap as advertised in comparison to other venues! Local members of this club pay 40p less per pint and this is displayed in the bar area.

We we're disappointed as the venue did not appear to be as described. However for the other 30 or so attending they might have had an enjoyable evening listening to obscure tracks and sharing the pleasures of being soul connoisseurs.

Basically this venue is probably excellent at what it is but is misleadingly described, and I would not want anyone else to waste their time and money not knowing what the event is all about.

Obviously didn't read all the posts as Paul stated that the evening would take place in the smaller room. The venue has also been well advertised as not being an oldies night. Can't comment on drinks prices cos I don't partake but I do know the members pay for the privilege of cheaper drinks.

As you say most of the punters last night did enjoy it, and some agreed with you about the room.

In response to the 1st post by Paul - yes a disappointing night - in the last 2 years I have tried to travel to as many do's as I can sadly restricted at the moment as no car, however when we got there, I sat in the snooker lounge very disappointed, and we had paid for a taxi which cost us each £17.50, then £3 to get in, then drinks prices which to be honest I though were a bit over the top. However the 2 club stewards were friendly and had a terrific attitude to us soulies.

I have made a point of never complaining at the soul do's in South Yorkshire as each venue has its own style, vibe, clientele and music policy (fair play to the dj's and promoter who put in all the hard work and graft in arranging line ups, sound, seating, and logistical setting up -a feat in itself. I'm still glad I went but I have to say personally I would not go again, though the few people including us ended up having a good time!

In hard times people will in all likelihood stay locally in clubs where they know their particular style of music is catered for. Also when something goes wrong (and it will, although rarely) some people will be left feeling let down, but you can't please all of the people all of the time, and the soul people I have the privilege to know can be both critical as well as discerning as to their preferred own choice of venue/music policy.

As this was the first time at Crofton for me, I can only hope the next one reverts back to the old room, we need to support our soul clubs or lose 'em a fate worse than death. I hope we can all stay positive and as for me I will be out tonight at yet another do looking forward to meeting some new people and hearing some familiar as well as undiscovered sounds. Its better to bend than break!

Have a great week-end everyone!

KTF Mickey

Can you tell my what it was described as ? I would have thought you'd have check out the music policy of a venue that you were going to attend if you'd never been before ? Personally I enjoyed the night but then again it is the sort of music that appeals to me. Paul's a top man who doe's it for the love of the music, he along with Tony put on an excellent night at Soulgalore and guest's Trev & Martyn played some great stuff.

Will be back next month :lol:

Don

I PERSONALLY HAD A BRILLIANT NIGHT AT CROFTON LAST NIGHT - A FANTASTIC START TO THE WEEKEND. :g: GREAT COMPANY, FABULOUS TUNES - SOME KNOWN & SOME NEW TO MY EARS JUST AS I LIKE IT, SO LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THE PLAYLISTS. yes.gif TREV & MARTYN YOU BOTH PLAYED BLINDING SETS ALONG WITH THE RESIDENTS. thumbup.gif

IT'S EVIDENT THAT PAUL & TONY PUT ON THESE QUALITY SOUL NIGHTS FOR THE LOVE OF THE MUSIC & NOT FOR THE MONEY & LONG MAY THESE NIGHTS CONTINUE.

I PERSONALLY PREFER THE OLD ROOM BUT UNDERSTAND WHY PAUL & TONY HAVE CHOSEN TO GIVE THIS NEW SMALLER ROOM A TRY. EITHER WAY IF THEY USE THE NEW OR THE OLD ROOM, I'LL BE BACK FOR MORE. yes.gif

HATS OFF TO PAUL & TONY - ANOTHER GREAT NIGHT! :lol:

AV biggrin.gif

I don't see what the travel costs or price of beer have to do with a soul night even if it was advertised as cheep beer,I was drinking all night & didn't notice the price been over the top,maybe that's because I was more bothered about enjoying what was been played & not checking my change.

As for the size of the room & the change to the smaller room,this was mentioned in the post before hand by Paul.The room probably isn't perfect but that is true about the big room too,you would have filled one corner of the big room & I've been to night's there like that & it's not perfect either.So whatever room Paul chose you would have been able to complain about it.The smaller room worked for me as at least it brought people together & created some atmoshere.

For me the important part of the night was the music & Crofton for me always delivers,great mix of stuff I knew & stuff I didn't,perfect for me.This is a little gem of a soul night & Paul should be commended on sticking to his guns of running a soul night with no music policy which allows guests dj's to come & play whatever they want,which as a dj is liberating.So for me it's all about the music & Crofton is top quality every time I visit & the other thing are just incidental.

This is what I played in particular order..........

Jo Ann Garrett-A Whole New Plan Chess

Maurice & The Radiants-Baby You've Got It Chess

Margie Joseph-One More Chance Volt

David Coleman-Drown My Heart Barry

TNT Band-Meditation Cotique

Jimmy Lewis-Let Me Know Minit

Carl Hall-You're So Qualified Mercury

Bobby Patterson-My Baby's Coming Back To Me Jet Star

Merry Clayton-Gimme Shelter Ode Records

Rudy Mockabee-Sweet Thing Atco

Performers-I Can't Stop You Mirwood

Blockbusters-Muddy pt 2 Rockin'

The Dramatics-All Because Of You Sport

Willis Wooten-Your Love Is Indescribably Delicious Virtue

Al Reed-Sorry About That Axe

Valentinos-I Can Understand It Clean

Albert Washington-I'm The Man Fraternity

Buddy Ace-True Love,Money Can't Buy Duke

Walter Jackson-Lee Cross OKeh

Lou Rawls-Breaking My Back Capitol Creative Production

Karen Hernandez-I Heard It Thru The Grapevine Mothers Records

R.L Burnside-It's Bad You Know Fat Possum Records

Cheers

Martyn

Cheers

Martyn

QUALITY PLAYLIST MARTYN. :yes:

ALSO, THANKS TO YOU AND LYNN FOR THE RAFFLE PRIZE! :hatsoff2:

SEE YOU BOTH SOON.

I don't see what the travel costs or price of beer have to do with a soul night even if it was advertised as cheep beer,I was drinking all night & didn't notice the price been over the top,maybe that's because I was more bothered about enjoying what was been played & not checking my change.

As for the size of the room & the change to the smaller room,this was mentioned in the post before hand by Paul.The room probably isn't perfect but that is true about the big room too,you would have filled one corner of the big room & I've been to night's there like that & it's not perfect either.So whatever room Paul chose you would have been able to complain about it.The smaller room worked for me as at least it brought people together & created some atmoshere.

For me the important part of the night was the music & Crofton for me always delivers,great mix of stuff I knew & stuff I didn't,perfect for me.This is a little gem of a soul night & Paul should be commended on sticking to his guns of running a soul night with no music policy which allows guests dj's to come & play whatever they want,which as a dj is liberating.So for me it's all about the music & Crofton is top quality every time I visit & the other thing are just incidental.

Cheers

Martyn

What about the Walter Jackson ?????????????? ...................... Excellent, played out :hatsoff2:

Can I ask the two complainers what music policy they were expecting? And also what they wanted to hear?

My recollection of the night went pretty much like this.......

Walked into the small room having read the full post clearly stating the event was moving into the side room.

Tony was playing classic northern, oldies.

Paul played across the board mix (known and not known).

Guests Martyn and Trev played great sets. Well put together with flow and packed full of soul.

Great atmosphere in the room, plenty of buzz about the place.

I spent the excessive some of 2000pence at the bar (my word that's expensive beer, £20 on booze, tut tut, shame on the venue).

Of course all of this is just my opinion, which we're all entitled to have.

Was I ripped off at the bar? No

Did I hear some great soul tunes? Yes

Did I hear across the board soul tunes? Yes

Did I feel mislead by the promoters? No

Will I go again? You betch'ya

Azza

Edited by LilJimmyCrank

Can I ask the two complainers what music policy they were expecting? And also what they wanted to hear?

My recollection of the night went pretty much like this.......

Walked into the small room having read the full post clearly stating the event was moving into the side room.

Tony was playing classic northern, oldies.

Paul played across the board mix (known and not known).

Guests Martyn and Trev played great sets. Well put together with flow and packed full of soul.

Great atmosphere in the room, plenty of buzz about the place.

I spent the excessive some of 2000pence at the bar (my word that's expensive beer, £20 on booze, tut tut, shame on the venue).

Of course all of this is just my opinion, which we're all entitled to have.

Was I ripped off at the bar? No

Did I hear some great soul tunes? Yes

Did I hear across the board soul tunes? Yes

Did I feel mislead by the promoters? No

Will I go again? You betch'ya

Azza

OUCH

Good post Azza

Martyn

EVERYBODY IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION & VIEWS POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE.

PERSONALLY - MUSICALLY & SOCIALLY I HAD A GREAT NIGHT :yes:

PERSONALLY - I PREFER THE BIGGER ROOM AND HAVE SPOKEN TO PAUL & TONY WITH SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE THE BIGGER ROOM WORK BETTER AND HOPE THEY GIVE IT A TRY :hatsoff2:

PETE

Nice post Azza

Had a great night, First time at Crofton for me as well, not disappointed, Music, no complaints. The venue was cosy, I had a look in the large room where in the past the preceding nights had taken place I think it would have detracted from the atmosphere

I think venus should give free beer, then we would "PROBABLY, the BEST SOUL NIGHT in the WORLD" :hatsoff2: tong in cheek

it's hard to please everyone, and most of the people there know having been DJ's, promoters or still are

well done to the Soul Galories Paul and Tony

SOME PEOPLE MAKE ME LAUGH ,IF YOU DON'T ENJOY A NITE SIMPLE DON'T GO AGAIN, THERE'S NO NEED TO COME ON HERE AND MOAN ABOUT IT CRYING ABOUT THE BEER BEING TO DEAR WHERE DO YOU DRINK ON A PARK BENCH I'VE NEVER KNOWN A SOCIAL CLUB TO BE DEAR YET AND AS FOR THE MEMBERS GETTING IT 40p CHEAPER THAT'S WHAT THEY PAY THEIR MEMBERSHIP FOR DUMMY IT'S HARD ENOUGH RUNNING A DO WITHOUT PEOPLE LIKE YOU SLAGGING IT OFF AVE A GO YOURSELF AND SEE....MATTY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~AFTERNOON DELIGHT SOUL CLUB~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by matty

SOME PEOPLE MAKE ME LAUGH ,IF YOU DON'T ENJOY A NITE SIMPLE DON'T GO AGAIN, THERE'S NO NEED TO COME ON HERE AND MOAN ABOUT IT CRYING ABOUT THE BEER BEING TO DEAR WHERE DO YOU DRINK ON A PARK BENCH I'VE NEVER KNOWN A SOCIAL CLUB TO BE DEAR YET AND AS FOR THE MEMBERS GETTING IT 40p CHEAPER THAT'S WHAT THEY PAY THEIR MEMBERSHIP FOR DUMMY IT'S HARD ENOUGH RUNNING A DO WITHOUT PEOPLE LIKE YOU SLAGGING IT OFF AVE A GO YOURSELF AND SEE....MATTY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~AFTERNOON DELIGHT SOUL CLUB~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Defeats the object of having a lookbacks section then doesn't it? The other members like to read honest reports, the original poster sounded honest enough to me.

Edited by Pete S
  • Helpful 1

Defeats the object of having a lookbacks section then doesn't it? The other members like to read honest reports, the original poster sounded honest enough to me.

Perhaps it does Pete, but you can't say that the original poster is being honest when they claimed to have been misinformed about the event. The facts have been left out re the room change. They claimed to want to be informing people sk they can make their own judgements, how can that happen when their post itself is misleading from the facts, which is by definition being dishonest.

In no way am I saying people can't come on here and state they had an unenjoyable evening, far from it. Just don't mix opinions with lies to back it up. Like Cunnie says, constructive feedback welcome as it doesn't defamate the reputation of an event where as misguided posts do.

Link below to the original thread for this event (post 23 kinda explains things).

Can ask members to keep any critisism constructive please as per site rules.

.................I'LL BEND OVER THEN MARTIN AND TAKE MY PUNISHMENT LIKE A MAN :thumbsup:

Perhaps it does Pete, but you can't say that the original poster is being honest when they claimed to have been misinformed about the event. The facts have been left out re the room change. They claimed to want to be informing people sk they can make their own judgements, how can that happen when their post itself is misleading from the facts, which is by definition being dishonest.

In no way am I saying people can't come on here and state they had an unenjoyable evening, far from it. Just don't mix opinions with lies to back it up. Like Cunnie says, constructive feedback welcome as it doesn't defamate the reputation of an event where as misguided posts do.

No but usually it looks like negative venue reports are from rival promoters and rival promoters lackeys, this one seemed genuine to me which is why I made the comment above.

Edited by Pete S

In response to the 1st post by Paul - yes a disappointing night - in the last 2 years I have tried to travel to as many do's as I can sadly restricted at the moment as no car, however when we got there, I sat in the snooker lounge very disappointed, and we had paid for a taxi which cost us each £17.50, then £3 to get in, then drinks prices which to be honest I though were a bit over the top. However the 2 club stewards were friendly and had a terrific attitude to us soulies.

I have made a point of never complaining at the soul do's in South Yorkshire as each venue has its own style, vibe, clientele and music policy (fair play to the dj's and promoter who put in all the hard work and graft in arranging line ups, sound, seating, and logistical setting up -a feat in itself. I'm still glad I went but I have to say personally I would not go again, though the few people including us ended up having a good time!

In hard times people will in all likelihood stay locally in clubs where they know their particular style of music is catered for. Also when something goes wrong (and it will, although rarely) some people will be left feeling let down, but you can't please all of the people all of the time, and the soul people I have the privilege to know can be both critical as well as discerning as to their preferred own choice of venue/music policy.

As this was the first time at Crofton for me, I can only hope the next one reverts back to the old room, we need to support our soul clubs or lose 'em a fate worse than death. I hope we can all stay positive and as for me I will be out tonight at yet another do looking forward to meeting some new people and hearing some familiar as well as undiscovered sounds. Its better to bend than break!

Have a great week-end everyone!

KTF Mickey

HI MICKEY,

What can i say about this post :thumbsup: .Your post gives a personal view without predjudice or malice and whilst critical on some points is objective and honest.

Sorry to hear you did not have a great and dissapointing evening and probably will not visit again. It would seem that this is down to purley logistics costs and music policy.

Reading your post it would seem that although you may not be one of the "baggy pant and beer towel brigade" you obviously like to dance and watch others dancing. It really is important to read events adverts carefully and do your research to ensure that you visit the venues that cater for your musical tastes and are within your budget to visit. There were other events on that night that may have been more appropriate for you ie, The Happening-Leeds, Drax-Selby etc.

Unfortunatly, GPJOHN has based his post on down right lies and half truths which puts the vunue and the promotors in a bad light. He needs to take a leaf out of your book Mickey and get a bit more honest and objective about things.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is an apology forthcoming from him???

regards Roy

well, i enjoyed it, so, bollocks to the two moaners, anyway heres what i played 11- 12pm

joe valentine - i lost the only love i had - val

message untold - i can feel the change in love - padang

notations - there i go - gemigo

charles brimmer - the feeling is in my heart - broadmoor

kae williams - our love is dying - uniss junior

willie mallory - you went back on what you said - lanor

ster-phonics - dont leave me - mas-toc

tempos - i gotta make a move - montel michelle

timothy wilson - hey girl, do you love me - veep

bobby "guitar" bennett - you did it again - junior

colt 45's - lady lady - jerry

bobby wisdom - handwriting - out-a-site test press

emanuel laskey - run for my life - thelma

ortheia barnes - ive never loved nobody - coral

tommy tate - im taking on pain - okeh

jessie james - are you gonna leave me - shirley

johnny rodgers - make a change - amon

johnny hampton - not my girl - dottys

lorraine chandler - i cant hold on - rca

chandlers - your love makes me lonely - col-soul

betty turner - the winds kept laughing - crescent

chuck flamingo - whats my chances - rojac

virginia blakly - let nobody love you - mojo

jimmy scott - it rained 40 days and nights

yvonne daniels - i dont wanna get away from your love - sterling

bollocks to the two moaners

lorraine chandler - i cant hold on - rca

betty turner - the winds kept laughing - crescent

Trev

Summed up about right I think.

Lorraine's a great oldie & seems an age since I've heard.

I still think Betty would look better in my box rather then yours............record of the night for me :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Had a grt time as usual at Crofton,struggle to get sometimes due to shifts but never once dissappointed......

Many thanks Paul and Tony for another enjoyable night of quality soul Trev and Martyn played there part

supberbly as we know they always do........Jimmy Lewis....thanks Martyn....kae Williams.....thanks Trev :D

Sounds like I've hit a nerve! Just about as many replies as punters at the do. My comments were not meant to be damaging but drawing awareness to the type of event that this venue offered. I rarely participate in forum reading or writing (17 posts in two and a half years) and don't feel the need to write compliments as a paying customer but feel a duty of care towards saving fellow Soulies wasted time and costs when venues turn out not to be as described. The function room was not only small but had a huge wide support column in the middle of the room obscuring views in all directions of the room creating an ambience more in keeping with a restaurant. If circumstances change then it is the responsibility of the organisers to change the venue description and not rely on people having to troll through forums to identify change.

I agree that most people in attendance had a great time and mentioned this amongst my comments including the word excellent. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming with the majority being regulars. However it appears that some people take exception to non complimentary opinions!

I decided to make this reply when my attention was drawn to the following comment,

Unfortunatly, GPJOHN has based his post on down right lies and half truths which puts the vunue and the promotors in a bad light. He needs to take a leaf out of your book Mickey and get a bit more honest and objective about things.

regards Roy

I feel that this response is unfounded and would like to know what the lies and half truths were ? Secondly Roy what do you want me to apologise for, being disappointed ?

Lastly I wish the organisers well and hope that the venue continues to flourish as you clearly fill a niche.

• Helpful 1

Sounds like I've hit a nerve! Just about as many replies as punters at the do. My comments were not meant to be damaging but drawing awareness to the type of event that this venue offered. I rarely participate in forum reading or writing (17 posts in two and a half years) and don't feel the need to write compliments as a paying customer but feel a duty of care towards saving fellow Soulies wasted time and costs when venues turn out not to be as described. The function room was not only small but had a huge wide support column in the middle of the room obscuring views in all directions of the room creating an ambience more in keeping with a restaurant. If circumstances change then it is the responsibility of the organisers to change the venue description and not rely on people having to troll through forums to identify change.

I agree that most people in attendance had a great time and mentioned this amongst my comments including the word excellent. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming with the majority being regulars. However it appears that some people take exception to non complimentary opinions!

I decided to make this reply when my attention was drawn to the following comment,

Unfortunatly, GPJOHN has based his post on down right lies and half truths which puts the vunue and the promotors in a bad light. He needs to take a leaf out of your book Mickey and get a bit more honest and objective about things.

regards Roy

I feel that this response is unfounded and would like to know what the lies and half truths were ? Secondly Roy what do you want me to apologise for, being disappointed ?

Lastly I wish the organisers well and hope that the venue continues to flourish as you clearly fill a niche.

bloody hell mate, you can moan for england, now you're having a pop at the architecture, are you sure you're not related to victor meldrew........note to promotors, in future detailed plans of the venue must be clearly shown on all future flyers , preferably to scale

Sounds like I've hit a nerve! Just about as many replies as punters at the do. My comments were not meant to be damaging but drawing awareness to the type of event that this venue offered. I rarely participate in forum reading or writing (17 posts in two and a half years) and don't feel the need to write compliments as a paying customer but feel a duty of care towards saving fellow Soulies wasted time and costs when venues turn out not to be as described. The function room was not only small but had a huge wide support column in the middle of the room obscuring views in all directions of the room creating an ambience more in keeping with a restaurant. If circumstances change then it is the responsibility of the organisers to change the venue description and not rely on people having to troll through forums to identify change. Can you explain how else could they do it other than post on here which they did, perhaps they should have pm'd everybody on here to let them know.:no: Also you said in your first post that you did look through the posts to find a venue to attend and as I said in my first post you obviously didn't read it all.:D:no::lol: :lol:

Also you said in your first post that you did look through the posts to find a venue to attend and as I said in my first post you obviously didn't read it all.:D:no: :no: :lol:

I never mentioned reading through posts ! I mentioned looking at the events calendar which describes the venue as having a large dance floor etc. and it still does ! Before going out I don't do risk assessments and deep research I take things on face value.

regards Roy

OK JOHN,

Maybe "downright lies" was a little extreme and i apologise for that. Using the phrase distorting the facts to prove a point would have been more appropriate.

No you dont have to apologise for being dissapointed but please acknowledge that much of that dissapointment was self inflicted as a result of not reading the events post/nite talk forums dilligently.

Just to reflect on some of your reply above:

The function room was not only small but had a huge wide support column in the middle of the room obscuring views in all directions of the room creating an ambience more in keeping with a restaurant.

Unless you danced or sat with your nose up against this pillar the views of the room were ample.

If circumstances change then it is the responsibility of the organisers to change the venue description

As many of the replies have already mentioned this was done by the promotors.

Sounds like I've hit a nerve! Just about as many replies as punters at the do. My comments were not meant to be damaging but drawing awareness to the type of event that this venue offered.

However it appears that some people take exception to non complimentary opinions!

John you will always hit a nerve when your comments are damaging, inflammatory or derogortry and people will take exception. The comment above in green highlights the problem- wether factual or otherwise.

but feel a duty of care towards saving fellow Soulies wasted time and costs when venues turn out not to be as described.

I would suggest most soulies can make their own minds up about a venue, so stop pretending to be a caped crusader and put the Batman costume back in the wardrobe!!!!!!

Sorry John a bit tounge in cheek that last comment.

Regards ROY

As the thread has been reopened I would like to take the opportunity to put on record my thanks to Martyn & Trev for giving us two hours of quality, truly ‘across the board’ music. Always a pleasure having these two gentlemen to play for us at Crofton....always managing to bring something new (to our ears) and interesting for our enjoyment and appreciation.

As promoter I feel that I should perhaps respond to comments made by GPJON..

Firstly, it is unfortunate that our event did not meet your expectations or with your approval.

Secondly,

‘Cheap Bar Prices’ - the structured pricing of drinks has only recently been introduced at Crofton. Like many other clubs etc. members (who pay an annual membership fee) get preferential rates. For non-members prices are in line with other pubs/clubs in the vicinity. The ‘Event Calender’ advertisement was ‘cut and pasted’ from last years adverts and should have been amended to refect the changed bar prices at Crofton. My fault, an oversight on my part.

‘Large Wooden Dance Floor’ - the reasoning behind temporarily using the smaller side room was explained (in person) on the night. However, that aside and strictly speaking it was contrary to the (‘cut and pasted’) ‘Event Calander’ advertisement as we did not have available on the nite a ‘Large Wooden Dance Floor’. My fault, yet another oversight on my part. As you mentioned though few people took to the dancefloor so I’m not sure that size really mattered on this occasion?

In truth I simply did not forsee that such issues would prove problematic. I will however endeavour to be more diligent/exacting about how we advertise in future.

Thanks to all who have posted support of our event.

Paul

In addition to the Guest DJs playlists the following tracks were amongst others played during the course of the evening...

Alfie Davison ~ Love Is Serious Business

Jackie Wilson ~ It Only Happens

Friends Of Distinction ~ Long Time Comin My Way

Bobby Hutton ~ Watch Where You’re Going

Hues Corp. ~ Goodfootin’

Billy Keene ~ Wishing And Hoping

Monitors ~ Fence Around Your Heart

Four Tops ~ Don’t Bring Back Memories

Spiedels ~ Dream Girl

Maxine Brown ~ Let Me give You My Lovin’

Edwin Starr ~ Running Back And Forth

Spidells ~ Pushed Out Of The Picture

Garland Green ~ Girl I Love You

Patti Austin ~ Leave A Little Love

Sheila Ferguson ~ And In Return

James Fountain ~ Seven Day Lover

Lenny Curtis ~ Nothing Can Help You

Tommy Ridgley ~ My Love Keeps Getting Stronger

Monique ~ If You Love Me

Freddie Houston ~ If I Had Known

Cookie Jackson ~ Do You Still Love Me

Masqueraders ~ Do You Love Me Baby

Constellations ~ I Don’t Know About You

Guitar Ray ~ You’re Gonna Wreck My Life

Mel Britt ~ She’ll Come Running Back

Creations ~ A Dream

Imperial C’s ~ Someone Tell Her

Artistics ~ This Heart Of Mine

Seven Souls ~ I Still Love You

Majestics ~ I Love Her So Much It Hurts

Rita & The Tiaras ~ Gone With The Wind Is My Love

Edited by Soulgalore
Guest mudskipper

another enjoyable night at crofton. plenty of great tunes played. guest djs were excellent. keep up the good work paul n tony. will be at next one