York Soul Club

another cracking night at york rugby club, the usual motley crew in attendance plus a few new faces, busy dancefloor, and some great sets by ronnie pedley, johnny parker & tony h, have to say guest spinner for the night col wood played a blinder, looking forward to my birthday weekender at easter, anyway heres what i player 8.30 - 9.30

remarkables - is the feeling still there - audio arts

edward hamilton - call me - jameco

lee harvey - my assurance - kris

willie mallory - you went back on what you said - lanor

patti williams - im doing the best that i can - forward

admirations - dont leave me - one-der-ful

leon haywood - consider the source - capitol

charles brimmer - the feeling is in my heart - broadmoor

case band - never should have loved you baby - pendulum swingers

skip jackson - im on to you girl - dot-mar

tobi lark - challenge my love - topper

bobby wisdom - handwriting - out-a-site test

minnie jones - shadow of a memory - sugar

madeline wilson - dial l for lonely - samar

kenny carlton - lost and found - blue rock

lorraine chandler - whatcan i do - giant

johnny summers - im still yours - yorktown

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yes spot on Trev,cracking night.Well done to all who ventured behind the decks some top,top sounds..........John Parker played an awesome R n B tinged thing that rattled my cage,did ask him what it was but as usual have forgotted.I've heard Col many times over the years & have always liked his style of djing as we have quite similars taste a lot of the time but Saturday's set was as good as I've heard him play,the mixture of tempos & eras was nigh on perfect for me & a lot of those around me.

So well done T n T another quality night produced & we can look forward to the 3 room Soul-A-Thon at Easter...........well I say Soul-A-Thon we all know it's Trev's 60th birthday party really :sleep3:

Cheers

Martyn & Lynn

PS No wheel barrow need for Lynn............she was a good girl no.gif

Edited by hullsoul

what about keiths big confession (boy george) martyn kept us amused for ten minutes. oops it was supposed to be a secret

best kim

Kim

Well I've been trying to block the thought's of Keith been dress as Boy George & singing Karma Cameleon out but they are still with me as I'm still having the nightmares to prove it............to top it all his admition that Soft Cell's version of Tainted Love will always be the best has me really worried..........I can't decide who needs counselling more me or him :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

HI Martyn

Re the R 'n B thingy

It was either

Vikki Starr Cut Me Loose Lynns

or

Helene Smith Pot can't Talk About The Kettle Blue Star

or was it

Vivian Jones Money Cant Buy My Love Lark

Was it early or late on?

John

Think it's the one you said you got off Kenny but I can't remember which one that was :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul

nice one martyn/kim,hey it was the eightys and northern soul was going through changes,as for the dressing up and make up id have never got away with it in h/pool they have killed monkeys for less...i seem to remember mark almond was the one i hated most ,,,,mr snake on a loop byrd...as for the night it was great and passed far too quick have to agree cols spot stood out for me.one brilliant record for me played by john parker cant remember title but he said it was the dogs bolloks,,,,

one brilliant record for me played by john parker cant remember title but he said it was the dogs bolloks,,,,

Think it was a '70's thing- "Natural Impulse" perhaps? It did sound good :hatsoff2: , even had Trevski nodding in appreciation! Have to agree, a very enjoyable night, even though it was a tad* quieter than usual, with perhaps about 60-70 in. With the room set up in "intimate" mode, didn't affect the atmosphere at all. Always nice to see visitors from afar - Melv and Liz, and Pat & Peter Bleasdale :thumbsup:- T&T should take it as a big compliment that folk travel to hear the sounds at York.

*Tad - yes, Martyn's set was discussed :hatsoff2: The general concensus was tell'em to piss off - or play George Freeman at 78rpm!

AS ALWAYS A GREAT NITE AT YORK refreshing 2 here the tunes played by all

must try and go more this was 1 of my best nite music wise and the madness that goes with it

trevisky get that suit back on

well done 2 everyone

now for the bad news i b back :thumbsup:

Yes spot on Trev,cracking night.Well done to all who ventured behind the decks some top,top sounds..........John Parker played an awesome R n B tinged thing that rattled my cage,did ask him what it was but as usual have forgotted.I've heard Col many times over the years & have always liked his style of djing as we have quite similars taste a lot of the time but Saturday's set was as good as I've heard him play,the mixture of tempos & eras was nigh on perfect for me & a lot of those around me.

So well done T n T another quality night produced & we can look forward to the 3 room Soul-A-Thon at Easter...........well I say Soul-A-Thon we all know it's Trev's 60th birthday party really :rolleyes:

Cheers

Martyn & Lynn

PS No wheel barrow need for Lynn............she was a good girl :lol:

PS No wheel barrow need for Lynn............she was a good girl :lol:Are you sure

Enjoyed the night, All residents were spot on for me, Dazzllering in fact laugh.gif Mr Wood played a blinding set.

It was nice to put faces to names Mr Bridge (Bridgey) it was nice to talk to you

It was good to see Trevski looking ICE cool in his yellow Barracuter

Thanks T&T and I'll see you at easter

nice one martyn/kim,hey it was the eightys and northern soul was going through changes,as for the dressing up and make up id have never got away with it in h/pool they have killed monkeys for less...i seem to remember mark almond was the one i hated most ,,,,mr snake on a loop byrd...as for the night it was great and passed far too quick have to agree cols spot stood out for me.one brilliant record for me played by john parker cant remember title but he said it was the dogs bolloks,,,,

Natural Impulse She Went Away Natural Impulse

Gerri Shivers Let's Try It Again PAT

Superb record...never seen one before this copy

Edited.....should have come on as a reply to Martyn's query................

John

Emmmm now you've gone & confused me..........before anyone say anything yes I know that's not difficult :hatsoff2:

It was either Gerri or Vivian???? Which probably means it was Helene or Vikki biggrin.gif

So the solution to this is easy you can play them all for me at the Soul-A-Thon & I'll take better notice this time..........promise :hatsoff2:

Cheers

Martyn

Guest tony hatfield

Ah!!! John this has been played at York before when Kenny Burrell came to guest 2 years ago, glad you picked his copy up :hatsoff2: only one i know of. The dogs .......... for me mate.

Almost forgot to say fantastic night by the way all those smiling faces yes.gif and top drawer tunes from begining to the end, "Well done Col" you never let us down.:hatsoff2: to you mate.

Next up is the soulathon weekender at see more details in Allnighter and weekender forums LOOKS LIKE ITS GONNA BE A BELTER!!!

What a top night! Thoroughly enjoyed me'sell!

All the DJs were bang up for it and played some great stuff.

Thought Col deserved his applause for a top dance-floor focussed set with a mix of styles and tempos to keep everyone smiling.

Well done TnT - another cracker!!

Gaz

Throughly enjoyed the night all the DJ sets were great, Ron's as usual brilliant. Looks like we are still in the after shock wave of George Freeman ::yes: :Think you need to make a point of playing it every time Martyn.

Nice to be at a venue without the silly baggy pants gang and playing sounds that the purists appreciate.

Looking forward to Easter

Thanks for all the comments guys much appreciated - sorry for the late posting not been well all week so didn't fancy firing up the laptop. As already been said top night as usual at York with some fine toons being spun by some top jocks.

Here's what skipped out of me box to the decks:

Marshall & The Chi-Lites - Love Bandit - Daran

Lee Garrett - Can't Break The Habit - Harthon

Philharmonics - I Need, I Need To Your Love - Soulin

Ernie Andrews - Fine Young Girl - Capitol

David Coleman - Drown My Heart - Barry

Geater Davis - My Love Is So Strong For You - House of Orange

Kenny Carlton - Lost & Found - Blue Rock

Intrigues - I'm Gonna Love You - Yew

Fantastic Epics - Let's Get Together - Kelton

Mixed Emotions - Gold Of My Life - Rockway

Magnificent Men - All Your Lovin's Gone To My Head - Capitol

5th Dimension - Train Keep On Movin' - Liberty

Jimmy Castor - Magic Saxophone - Smash

Tyn Tymes - Baby I Love You - Music Box

Bunny Sigler - Don't Stop Doing What You're Doing - Neptune

Houston Outlaws - Ain't No Telling - Westbound

Exsaveyons - I Don't Love You No More - Smoke

The Echoes - Million Dollar Bill - Pulse

Promatics - Sugar Pie Honey - JoJo

Sheppards - How Do You Like It - Mirwood

Victors - Not Only A Girl Knows - Philips

Chubby & The Turnpikes - I Didn't Try - Capitol

Volumes - I Just Can't Help Myself - American Arts

Four Sonics - Easier Said Than Done - Sport

Chris Calloway - You're Something Else - Cub

Virgil Henry - I'll Be True - Colossus

Spyder Turner - Tell Me - Bandtrax

Thanks to TnT for asking me to play a few, looking forward to the all-dayer.

Colin.

Source Advert