Friday Soul Worcester

Guest fatcontroller

Guest fatcontroller

I HAVE PLEASURE TO ANNOUNCE THE FIRST FRIDAY SOUL SESSION AT SKETCHLEY BAR WEIR LANE WORCESTER,WR2 4AY.WILL TAKE PLACE ON FRIDAY 13TH MAY.

THE MUSIC POLICY WILL BE QUALITY 60S AND 70S SOUL MUSIC THE FIRST GUEST DJ'S WILL BE,JOHN WESTON,MATT,CHIC,FLOYDIE AND DES PARKER A FIVER IN AND A PERCENTAGE GOING TO HELP THE HEROES,THIS WAS MY IDEA AS THERE IS NOT A LOT GOING ON IN THE WEST MIDS AT THE MOMENT ON A FRIDAY NIGHT

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Dear Mick

Really looking forward to this- also being on a Friday can only be a plus point as most events are on Saturdays. I'm sure it will be a success like the past soul nites you have promoted Mick. You've got a good ear for a top tune and this is always reflected on the dancefloor- keep the faith and bring it on!

Guest fatcontroller

I think he knows already Lou, as he was down here last night eating ( & drinking ) me out of house & home, helping me getting all the details on to SS. Cheers for that John. Thanks for all the good wishes guys. This is going to be one of four that will be running this year, will post the other dates when I've got abit more time.:hatsoff2:

• 4 weeks later...

I think it's fair to say that Worcester is well covered, when it comes to "Modern Soul" and "Classic Oldies" thanks to the excellent nights put on by Lloydee, Rob, Jon & Don at "Coppertops" and the "Soulfull Sessions" , but the coverage of Rare Soul/R & B/Alternative 60's has been neglected, so it's great to see that Mick has taken up the mantle filled this gap in the jigsaw, with what promises to be a welcome addition to the spectrum of Soul in Worcester!!! :thumbup:

Des Parker

I think it's fair to say that Worcester is well covered, when it comes to "Modern Soul" and "Classic Oldies" thanks to the excellent nights put on by Lloydee, Rob, Jon & Don at "Coppertops" and the "Soulfull Sessions" , but the coverage of Rare Soul/R & B/Alternative 60's has been neglected, so it's great to see that Mick has taken up the mantle filled this gap in the jigsaw, with what promises to be a welcome addition to the spectrum of Soul in Worcester!!! :D

Des Parker

cor blimey Des, you bin in the dictionary :lol:

Guest fatcontroller

It's good to see this night gaining some intrest & not just in the local area either, couple of calls today proved that. I was asked by one, is it going to be rare stuff being played all night & the answer to that was NOT all night. I've booked these guys not only because they've got some damn fine tunes but also to give them a free rein & let them play what they want, be it class oldies, R&B, midtempo & even the odd big beat ballard. I think the line up speaks for its self, you're gonna get it all plus the venues not to big so like alot of good soul nights this was looked at being a good social start to the weekend.

Thanks for all your support so far.:D

Guest chic

:Dhi mick.

thanks for asking me down to wocester to play some tunes for you,

i`am really looking forward to it

see you friday

chic :rolleyes:

Guest fatcontroller

Thank Spagetti Weston when you see him, he's the one who reccommened you to me.

Looking forward to hearing you play :hatsoff2:

Tim and Stella have said they'll be coming, now I promise I will not mention Bristol Rovers once in the evening! I know I haven't got much to shout about from south of the City! Should be a great nite and thanks to Mick and Tracey for inviting me along- looking forward to it loads!!!

Source Advert