Northern Soul Dancing

Hi Chalky,I love your passion for the scene, aswell as your dessert island records, aswell as the backbone of the life line. Il make it paco rabanne (sweet!). As your not a dancer, i notice over the years you have a little pick! As has beens and long term soulies, especially on the dancefloor, myself and many others, who go out to enjoy ourselves on the floor and make a fool of ourselves, im a little surprised you came out with that saying (they are doing a better job than long term soulies) your words chalky. It is the older people keeping the scene together, it is great to see the youngers enjoying themselves, I was chatting to a couple at Radcliffe last saturday, they seemed very passionate, they asked me if i could show them a spin, i said have you got 35 years to spare lol. Yes Paul is doing a great job, one of the best dancers, especially in the 80's at Stafford, so much strenght and moves so precise, total respect. Oh by the way chalky, did you ever do Wigan? I like to see a c.o.c for the over 50's in my case the near 60's!

billy :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 56
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I know what my words were Billy, I wrote them. I used to dance a lot, not these days, the knees are knackered, on occasion I will have a flirt with the dancefloor. The trouble is Billy when ever something like this comes along people feel threatened and have a dig, same with the last film Soulboy. Some of these have far better moves than many long term soulies, you can see that by simply watching them. They have better moves and more energy, not just me but of many other long term soulies and dancers.

And I never said it wasn't great to see these kids, quite the opposite, I've encouraged them, they are more than welcome at Lifeline and they will not disgrace themselves either where ever they go.

Social source share

Just want to say how pleased I am about this project where the focus is on the DANCING to Northern Soul!!!! I think the whole crew & dancers doing a great job and you can see the fantastic progress and fun this brings to all the people involved. I am all for playing original records and I am also a nerdy collector myself BUT without the proper dancing skills and the atmosphere this creates a Northern Soul Club would be nothing but another disco (with fantastic music) !! People go always on about tunes labels.... but I hope the dancing skills and moves will once again become the centerer of attention for young and old in the near future!!!! I am SO looking forward to see the film but I am more pleased to see more kids strutting their stuff properly on the dance floor !!!

:sweatingbullets:

Hi I was once told way back at Wigan, to be a top dancer, you should be able to use your feet, to dance to UPTIGHT Jackie Wilson & Count Basie Band, I think it a great test of how good or bad a dancer is? what say you??ph34r.gif DAVE

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert