soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 13
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

This was kept on catalogue for ages, well into the 70's, eventually they changed it to the 1974-75 multicoloured design and it was still on catalogue in 76-77...

Absolutely

In answer to original question, though Holiday definitely original A side - complete with "and his multisound organ" credit which was deleted from later issues

post-1918-0-51490800-1313693763_thumb.jp

Social source share

Yeah followed by Jess & James "Move" I reckon...

Completely forgotten about that song! Don't think I realised it was Belgian either - certainly wasn't as massive as The Kid around Manchester. Schoolkids who weren't into soul had that in their record box.

I was going to post the great video of Jess James from Youtube but I can't find the 'add media' button any more...

Social source share

There are two variations of the 1967 issue of CBS 2557:

Holiday as A side and The Kid as B side.

The Kid as A side and Holiday as B side.

post-1918-0-57839000-1313691526_thumb.jp post-1918-0-54963400-1313691661_thumb.jp

post-1918-0-40379600-1313691668_thumb.jp post-1918-0-02113000-1313691675_thumb.jp

Yep its the one on the right. Didnt want to make a cock up on price.

The white demo looks awesome. mine is the later demo. must dig out.

Thanks all

Social source share

Holiday - was this not the theme tune to a TV documentary - something like "If it's Tuesday, it must be Belgium"?

Come to think of it, I remember being told that The Kid was used as the theme tune to a well-known programme over here in the Netherlands. Looking online, apparently it was used by a DJ called Lex Harding on a Dutch pirate radio ship called Veronica.

It also seems that somewhere down the line the titles got mixed up and what is labelled as Holiday is in reality the track called The Kid - and vice versa. This might explain the confused relabelling of A and B sides on later issues - except that they were still wrong!

Edited by Russell Gilbert
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert