• Replies 20
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Matt Male

Quite like the Action label with those psychodelic swirls, and Mary Jane with the nice red and white checker pattern... and it has a cool name, i wonder where it came from? whistling.gif

Social source share

Quite like the Penthouse label...

Hi Brill label.Lots of innovation in designing Labels .Wonder how and who designed them?One of the lesser talked and known about with regard to our "Hobby".Although I am aware that (probably) most labels were not designed with ,as yet, the yet Un-named Dave Godin coined "northern soul"-we associate labels with what we collect, whereas "label" owners probably just wanted a hit?I suppose the most documented label design is Shrine ie the assassinated presidents epitaph Steve

Social source share

Well, we had that topic on another site some years ago and from what I remember (as they are unlikely to have changed..) mine were

USA

HYPE

STAX (the old "record pile" logo)

PUSSYCAT

...gotta agree on the "Miss Hemisphere" though

Hi Marc ,not been on the "other site"You must know of NEW labels to tell us about. :D Stevie
Social source share

Hi Marc ,not been on the "other site"You must know of NEW labels to tell us about. wink.gif Stevie

Well, how about Kick Off Records then ? It does look quite tasty and reminds me on the design Merging records had, which is quite odd as the only 45 I have on Kick off is by Garland Davis and is a beautiful version of the Carl Underwoiod biggie on Merginhg which I also have. Garland Davis btw I strongly believe is none other than the young Ray Agee. Why ? Because first he has Zeke Strong as his bancking band and this guy is on nearly every single recording done by Ray Agee and second, the flipside offers a beautiful slow deep scorcher which shows that the voice is oh so similar to Ray Agee..so where were we at , right newly beloved label designs...KICK OFF is my contribution then laugh.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert