Banbury Internet Radio 29/11/2011 20:00

ritchie

Guest mellytee

Moldie, I thank you......... I like to model myself on a little pinch of Mrs Overall, a touch of Hilda Ogden and of course a soupcon of the cast of Dinner ladies................the rest of them in the Green Room are more Dads Army/Inbetweeners ......really!!!! Rich and Maz tonight......rendez vous at 19.00 in the Mucky Duck, Banbury.

Everyone welcome to attend........you will of course be frisked by Tabs on arrival........ just bring some sherry and we'll all be fine 8-11........try it, you might like it :wicked: xxx

Melly

Social source share

Moldie, I thank you......... I like to model myself on a little pinch of Mrs Overall, a touch of Hilda Ogden and of course a soupcon of the cast of Dinner ladies................the rest of them in the Green Room are more Dads Army/Inbetweeners ......really!!!! Rich and Maz tonight......rendez vous at 19.00 in the Mucky Duck, Banbury.

Everyone welcome to attend........you will of course be frisked by Tabs on arrival........ just bring some sherry and we'll all be fine 8-11........try it, you might like it :wicked: xxx

Melly

id say more a pinch of....mrs overweight :lol:

topsy always has great guests and deserves more support...top man that has soldiered on through adversity

tabbs only frisks the ladies

atb moldie xx

Social source share

Guest mellytee

.........no he doesnt..........Tabs is Equality & Diversity Trained in frisking :ohmy:

Oi fat boy, Moldie........come here and say that!! :wicked: xx

Edited by mellytee
Social source share

That'll be a no, sorry Carol :wink: .............. my life is already full of Not Rights and madness, you would tip me over the edge xxx :ohmy:

carol said...a moldie is for life not just for xmas...he has enough part time mates as it is :yes:

anyway...ill be tuning in for mirth and merryment and some damn fine toonage

moldie xxx

Social source share

Guest mellytee

lololololololol @ Carol.....oh Petal, always the vets........ :wicked: xxxx Yes looking forward to tonight offerings.......must keep Turvey upright and non-slurry for first hour then it can disintegrate as per usual; no chin stroking or bollotix just plenty of happiness,friendship, fun, laughter and great soul....what more do you need????? (no answer required :wicked: )

XXXXX

Social source share

lololololololol @ Carol.....oh Petal, always the vets........ :wicked: xxxx Yes looking forward to tonight offerings.......must keep Turvey upright and non-slurry for first hour then it can disintegrate as per usual; no chin stroking or bollotix just plenty of happiness,friendship, fun, laughter and great soul....what more do you need????? (no answer required :wicked: )

XXXXX

thats what makes it such a great show.......mind you i had to do a dbl take..thought it readno chins just stroking bollo*ks

moldie the..one foot in the grave but hangin on xxx

Social source share

what an excellent show tonight......superb tunes...great banter and only spoilt by the arrival of apple crumble with custard and cream

well done topsy turvey...great host and held it all together despite mels best efforts

atb moldie

Social source share

If this is now the "event lookback" then yes, superb Tuesday evening as always. Well done Rich / Maz / Nick / Mel & Co. :thumbsup:

Sure is different every week but with one guaranteed common theme...GREAT SOUL AND BANTER...and great stepping stone to get through the week.

Until next Tuesday..... :wave:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

If this is now the "event lookback" then yes, superb Tuesday evening as always. Well done Rich / Maz / Nick / Mel & Co. :thumbsup:

Sure is different every week but with one guaranteed common theme...GREAT SOUL AND BANTER...and great stepping stone to get through the week.

when are you doing your spot steve?

atb moldie

Social source share

Thanks a lot everyone for the great support .. :hatsoff2:

I really enjoyed it tonight, and having the chat room comments visible was the icing on the cake. Great to see everyone bantering away and acknowledging their favourite tunes.. :thumbup:

Only downside was I couldn't contribute.

Still 20:00 next Tuesday I will be back, and looking forward to it already :yes:

Big thanks to Nick Turvey for making this available to us .. Where else would I get the chance to do what I did tonight?? :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest mellytee

Your name's on the list Martin.......... after last night things can only get better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Such a laugh each week and so good to hear so many brilliant tunes from personal collections............ its so good to be part of this isn't it?! :yes: :yes:

Social source share

Guest BENSON BOY

Just to say,

a very big thank you to Nick for the invitation to Richie and myself to allow us to play some of our favourite tunes,really enjoyed the experience.Also big thank you to all those in the chat room and anyone who listened in.

Mel, your an absolute star,cooking all that food for Nick,he really enjoyed it.

thanks to Charlie Mc,Tabs,Steve,Tom for the support.

Looking forward to part 2 in January.

MAZ

Social source share

Guest mellytee

He will have his own trough next time Maz.......you are allowed up to Turvey Towers again.....see you saturday and thanks for the pinapple (& beer xxxx)

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Social source share

Yep, it's the only 'event' in the world that could be on weekly! As I said in the chat room, it breaks up the week nicely, I have a couple of cans whilst listening and commenting. As you say, peoples personal collections / tastes are interesting. The chat room is friendly whether a you like a particular tune or not, that's people personal taste (Which obviously, if not exactly the same as mine is completely wrong! lol) Everyone seems to feel comfortable enough to say so as well, as it's never done maliciously or aggressively.

See y'all next week - 'On line!'

All the best,

Len.

p.s - Well done for a great show last night.

Edited by LEN
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest BENSON BOY

Yep, it's the only 'event' in the world that could be on weekly! As I said in the chat room, it breaks up the week nicely, I have a couple of cans whilst listening and commenting. As you say, peoples personal collections / tastes are interesting. The chat room is friendly whether a you like a particular tune or not, that's people personal taste (Which obviously, if not exactly the same as mine is completely wrong! lol) Everyone seems to feel comfortable enough to say so as well, as it's never done maliciously or aggressively.

All the best,

Len.

Good morning Len,

Firstly,thanks for listening last night,glad you enjoyed it.I have to say Richie and myself were quite worried about what to play.As for myself being in my 60's my soul memories go back further than most,so to select a box for an hour and a half is quite testing,you go out with a plan and it go's tits up after the first 3 records.This wonderful music we love pulls all the heart strings and memories,it's not all about the "big and rare tunes" for me,it's about the the last 48 years.i just love the music,where Richie wants to know as much as he can about lable,artist etc.

Richie and myself are doing a "part 2" at the end of January 2012 so we will be a bit more confident, although i thought Richie came across really well.

many thanks for your comments they are appreciated.

all the best

Maz

Social source share

I saw this advertised on here yesterday & being an ex Banbury lad & knowing Nick i thought i would give it a go. So glad i did , some absolutely great soul played & a few new to my ears which is always a treat. I love the fact the guest just turn up & play whatever they like, there`s seems to be a lot of fun going on in the background.

I will make it a regular Tuesday night listen , oh ............ thanks to Mellytee for passing on my messages to Tabs & Nick

Garv

PS, last nights guests played some awesome soul , well done Richie & Maz................... Ive just burnt my feckin pizza typing this out frusty2.gif

Edited by GARV
Social source share

Guest BENSON BOY

I saw this advertised on here yesterday & being an ex Banbury lad & knowing Nick i thought i would give it a go. So glad i did , some absolutely great soul played & a few new to my ears which is always a treat. I love the fact the guest just turn up & play whatever they like, there`s seems to be a lot of fun going on in the background.

I will make it a regular Tuesday night listen , oh ............ thanks to Mellytee for passing on my messages to Tabs & Nick

Garv

PS, last nights guests played some awesome soul , well done Richie & Maz................... Ive just burnt my feckin pizza typing this out frusty2.gif

Hi Garv,

thanks for taking the time to post your comments,Nick and Mel do a fantastic job in the studio they work so well together,Mel cooks the food ,and Nick eats it,simple ain't it.

The atmosphere in the studio is of real fun,what you hear is what you get and some.

The difficulty is knowing what to play,and the nice thing about doing the show,as Nick says your show play what you like.

were both looking forward to coming back in January to have another go,can't wait.

all the very best,

Maz

Social source share

Good morning Len,

This wonderful music we love pulls all the heart strings and memories,it's not all about the "big and rare tunes" for me,it's about the the last 48 years.i just love the music,where Richie wants to know as much as he can about lable,artist etc.

Maz

Hi Maz,

I want to know about "lables, artists etc" but can never blo*dy remember most of that side of things! It's about the great music though isn't it? and how, as you say it pulls at your heart strings.

All the best,

Len.

Edited by LEN
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Gary,

Good to hear from you bud.

Glad you enjoyed the show.

Think the reason it works so well is the DJ's can play whatever they like without any restrictions.

Add in the element of chat and banter and it all seems to gel.

I'm at the 100 on the 10th if you can make it.

Be great to catch up and have a beer or two.

Take it steady mate and listen in next week - it will be one to remember !! :lol:

Best

Tabs

Garv

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Gary,

Good to hear from you bud.

Glad you enjoyed the show.

Think the reason it works so well is the DJ's can play whatever they like without any restrictions.

Add in the element of chat and banter and it all seems to gel.

I'm at the 100 on the 10th if you can make it.

Be great to catch up and have a beer or two.

Take it steady mate and listen in next week - it will be one to remember !! :lol:

Best

Tabs

Hi Tabs , as i have already said but will repeat....... really really enjoyed Maz & Richie`s selections. I love the " your own front room" feel to the whole show, don`t think i know Mel but that poor girl.............. feeding snake hips Turvey & being your PA is a task i do not envy.

Dare i ask why next week will be one to remember?

ATB

Garv

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Tabs , as i have already said but will repeat....... really really enjoyed Maz & Richie`s selections. I love the " your own front room" feel to the whole show, don`t think i know Mel but that poor girl.............. feeding snake hips Turvey & being your PA is a task i do not envy.

ATB

Garv

I can answer that!.....You obviously haven't met Mr Bob Cornack - He rules! lol

All the best,

Len.

Social source share

It's just such a relaxed show which helps break up the week.

And trust me Mel gives as good as she gets. :yes:

Next week it is the return of "Gospel Bob" and his Christmas Special.

Let's just say when he was on a few months back it was a laugh a minute and he has his own "unique" style.

He has even written out his own script for this one.

But with the mayhem he causes I doubt he will stick to it!

Even Turv can't out talk him. :lol:

It should be a classic and with the bonus of great music as well.

ATB

Garv

• Helpful 1
Social source share

All the best,

Len.

Cheers Len

As Garv says it has a "front room feel" and that's its attraction, we have all had that experience of playing records at home to our mates, and the banter that occurs when one of us has the

audacity to question the others taste ( politely put) :lol:

This works so well in the chat room, no malicious digs just honest varying opinions & much more often folk acknowledging their appreciation of particular records...

Essential listening for me on a Tuesday and I really look forward to seeing all your familiar names in the "box"

I've met several of the people who regularly show up in there over the months,from all over the UK and surprise surprise we all get on like a house on fire :thumbup: :thumbup:

Banbury internet radio is the weekly soul do for me .. Long may it be so..

And thanks Len for the kind comments , See you next Tuesday :yes:

Social source share

And thanks Len for the kind comments , See you next Tuesday :yes:

that meant something else in my day mate lolololol

regards moldie

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest mellytee

Not allowed to say the 'c' word in my house until december then its anything goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a night, everyone still bopping about it well feels like it from answers on here!

Garv, Tabs is under my control (mostly) and Turvey is just about trainable I reckon. :wicked: ........... you must come up one Tuesday ( no charge to get in just bring beer, SOH and relax into it, your amongst friends! :) ) and dont forget next Banbury Soul Club do in January at GF club.......

As for next week I have already decided on Mulled wine and mince pies as 1) Its easy 2)half of the menu contains alcohol and 3) the other half is PIE - eh Ritch???? see how I slipped that in for ya????? :ohmy::rofl:

Jem, forgot to ask whats copper going for at the moment? And please come over saturday to Oxford Soul do (Maz, Rich oh and Del on their home turf god help us all) - you will regret it but hey, life is short mate :shhh::D

Lots of love and kisses to the chosen ones............

Mellytee

Queen of the Not Rights xx

Social source share

Guest Glawster

Well and truly hooked by the show and is defo on the "must listen to weekly list!" - What a great way of putting it - Front room feel! - Hats off to Maz and Ritchie when you came over to the RAOB in Glawster you played some awesome tunes but last night was magic - great great mix of choons - banter upon banter from the studio and likewise in the chatroom - Loved it!

Social source share

Not allowed to say the 'c' word in my house until december then its anything goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a night, everyone still bopping about it well feels like it from answers on here!

Garv, Tabs is under my control (mostly) and Turvey is just about trainable I reckon. :wicked: ........... you must come up one Tuesday ( no charge to get in just bring beer, SOH and relax into it, your amongst friends! :) ) and dont forget next Banbury Soul Club do in January at GF club.......

As for next week I have already decided on Mulled wine and mince pies as 1) Its easy 2)half of the menu contains alcohol and 3) the other half is PIE - eh Ritch???? see how I slipped that in for ya????? :ohmy::rofl:

Jem, forgot to ask whats copper going for at the moment? And please come over saturday to Oxford Soul do (Maz, Rich oh and Del on their home turf god help us all) - you will regret it but hey, life is short mate :shhh::D

Lots of love and kisses to the chosen ones............

Mellytee

Queen of the Not Rights xx

cheers mel

atb moldie xx

Social source share

Hey Maz & Ritchie, didn't realise it was your first time!! you both sounded relaxed and very confident! ..some great tunes played, really enjoyed the whole show! I will also add it to my 'weekly listening' list!.. good fun in the chat room too! :yes: best wishes Bev x

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!