Five Years In The Soul Shack - Solar Radio Sunday

I will be celebrating Five years on Solar Radio this coming Sunday November 27th - 8pm - 9pm UK, 9PM - 11pm Central Europe - CHANNEL 879 SKY DIGITAL www.solarradio.com - I would like to thank everyone for their support over the past five years, a big thank you to all the record companies, Ace/Kent, Goldmine, Grapevine, Universal,Hayley etc. for all the promo's, big thanks to the many guests including, Brett Franklin, Rich Buckley and Jamie Hertford Soulsville - Leeds, Brain Rae, Guy Hennigan, Ian Blackburn, Mick Howard, Ian Gregory, Neil Jones, Alan Darker, Nige Shaw, Cookie, Brian Flanders AKA Flanny, Paul From 'On The Scene', Paul Sadot, Jo Wallace, Chalky, Kevin Cox, Andy McCabe - Soultown, Chris Waterman and Lee Crank - New Century Soul Club and anyone else I've missed, many thanks to all the show sponsors New Century Soul Club, Soultown Promotions, Tyne Side Soul Promotions and The North Manchester Soul Club.

I'm really looking forward to doing my thing on Solar in the future, it's a joy to do every Sunday and i thank you all again for the regular dedicated support,kind words and feedback which makes it all worthwhile, for future requests,mentions and dedications please don't hesitate to send those all important emails to markbicknell@solarradio.com or bicknellmark@aol.com

Future guests include Brett Franklin on Sunday December 4th and Jo Wallace on Sunday December 18th reviewing her new Soul Satisfaction Volume Five CD from Universal which should be a real Christmas Cracker of a show and as Christmas Day falls on a Sunday i should be on Christmas Day night at the same time from 8pm.

I'm so very proud to hit five years on the station but this would not have been possible without an audience, it's nice to be invited into your homes every Sunday so again thanks.

Lastly many thanks to Mike Hughes for all the links,Show mentions and support......about time Mike came on the show i think so lets do it soon mate.

Sincere thanks and regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

• Replies 24
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I will be celebrating Five years on Solar Radio this coming Sunday November 27th - 8pm - 9pm UK, 9PM - 11pm Central Europe - CHANNEL 879 SKY DIGITAL www.solarradio.com - I would like to thank everyone for their support over the past five years, a big thank you to all the record companies, Ace/Kent, Goldmine, Grapevine, Universal,Hayley etc. for all the promo's, big thanks to the many guests including, Brett Franklin, Rich Buckley and Jamie Hertford Soulsville - Leeds, Brain Rae, Guy Hennigan, Ian Blackburn, Mick Howard, Ian Gregory, Neil Jones, Alan Darker, Nige Shaw, Cookie, Brian Flanders AKA Flanny, Paul From 'On The Scene', Paul Sadot, Jo Wallace, Chalky, Kevin Cox, Andy McCabe - Soultown, Chris Waterman and Lee Crank - New Century Soul Club and anyone else I've missed, many thanks to all the show sponsors New Century Soul Club, Soultown Promotions, Tyne Side Soul Promotions and The North Manchester Soul Club.

I'm really looking forward to doing my thing on Solar in the future, it's a joy to do every Sunday and i thank you all again for the regular dedicated support,kind words and feedback which makes it all worthwhile, for future requests,mentions and dedications please don't hesitate to send those all important emails to markbicknell@solarradio.com or bicknellmark@aol.com

Future guests include Brett Franklin on Sunday December 4th and Jo Wallace on Sunday December 18th reviewing her new Soul Satisfaction Volume Five CD from Universal which should be a real Christmas Cracker of a show and as Christmas Day falls on a Sunday i should be on Christmas Day night at the same time from 8pm.

I'm so very proud to hit five years on the station but this would not have been possible without an audience, it's nice to be invited into your homes every Sunday so again thanks.

Lastly many thanks to Mike Hughes for all the links,Show mentions and support......about time Mike came on the show i think so lets do it soon mate.

Edited by SteveM
Social source share

Embarrassingly I listened for the first time this Sunday just gone. I like the chit chat between the records.. not too much anorak info, just enough to keep me interested while the next record was queued. I will be sure to catch it on Sundays from now on :lol:

Social source share

Mark, do you think there would be any possibility of a CD containing stuff that you and your guests, have played on the show being released?

I'm looking forward to Mr Franklins spot on the 4th. :lol:

I'm sure the guests would have no problem with the CD idea, time is my problem at present with other commitments but a good idea which may be possible down the line.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

I'm sure the guests would have no problem with the CD idea, time is my problem at present with other commitments but a good idea which may be possible down the line.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Mark, listened to your show last sunday with guest Chalky for the first time, really enjoyed it. Will definately tune in every sunday from now on. Great idea about the CD, hope you can find the time.

Karen

Social source share

Supercosa your a man of varied tastes when it comes to Rare Soul, so i hope my appearence reflects that very flavour we hold so dear. :lol:

Brett

PS...my prevoius visit to Mr Bicknells radio show is available on this very site...somewhere in the sounds section.. :shades:

Social source share

Mark, listened to your show last sunday with guest Chalky for the first time, really enjoyed it. Will definately tune in every sunday from now on. Great idea about the CD, hope you can find the time.

Karen

Thanks Karen, i'll see what we can come up with regrding the CD idea.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Congrats on the 5th anniversary Mark :lol: Enjoyed my first experience of radio...we'll have to do it again sometime :shades: Glad you enjoyed the show too Karen.

I don't mind throwing a track or two in Mark, will help in anyway I can if you can get it sorted.

Social source share

Congrats on the 5th anniversary Mark :yes: Enjoyed my first experience of radio...we'll have to do it again sometime :thumbsup: Glad you enjoyed the show too Karen.

I don't mind throwing a track or two in Mark, will help in anyway I can if you can get it sorted.

Cheers Chalky you were brilliant, yes we must do it again in the new year, talk soon.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

congratulations on five years mark,a landmark mate,proud to be part of the above role call,really enjoyed the couple of occasions you had me guesting for you,keep up the good work

Mick

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Cheers Chalky you were brilliant, yes we must do it again in the new year, talk soon.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Oooh Mark, not long before we breathe heavily into the mike........... :thumbsup: can't wait. Jo

Social source share

Guest FreeJimmy

Hi Everyone,

Congrads Mark,

Caught your show a while back/ it's a nice balance.

You might have noticed that I kind of became the rep/

to a couple of blogs, etc for the Free Jimmy Gresham Foundation

Jimmy sent you this Thank You Note we just posted it on his

website. Thanks Mark and keep "stack'n the wax, back to back.

I love you Brits. Americans have become too "rowdy"..

Carla

Thank You From Jimmy Gresham/ Federal Pen

Social source share

Thanks Del and Carla infact thanks again to everyone who has listened to the show over the past five years.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

i am going all the way i guess

lets try 44 years LOL

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert