Nailed By The Uk Border Agency For Import Duty

Davekd

Just been nailed for VAT on a record coming in from the States, where the seller put the actual value ($40) on the US customs declaration.

Don't really blame them for the £5.19 VAT as I didnt ask them to put a lower value, but got an £8.00 extra charge from the Post Office for 'Royal Mail International Handling Fee' - very cheesed off as the tune no londer a bargain.

The Post Office thing annoying as another record from the States arrived at the same time, postage paid of course.

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

30116_honesty.jpg

I got nailed yesterday too :( When I looked at the sellers ebay summary regarding posting / shipping , he had in BIG letters - I WILL NOT LIE TO CUSTOMS ABOUT THE VALUE OF THE MERCHANDISE - THIS IS THE BUYERS RESPONSIBILITY !!!!! - I missed it in my quest for a bargain !!!! :excl:

I don't know how many sales these US sellers have actually lost by people not buying their records because of this statement and similar, but I have bought 3 records from the States this year, this time last year I would have bought 50 or 60 minimum in the same period.

Social source share

Pete,

The people who do that are only hurting themselves. The ones that boggle the mind are the ones listing soul 45s that won't ship outside the States. Apparently they don't have any idea where the most demand is.

Rednecks!! they probabley don't even have any idea where England is!! let alone the demand :(

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert