Help Please - James Barnett - Keep On Talking - Is It Real

Hi

Just got hold of a copy of the above record in near mint condition and wanted to ake if anyone out there can tell me how to confirm it's the original !!

Only questioning it because I've been told there is a box set out with the same record and it looks identical !!

Any help would be appreciated !

Many Thanks - Ray

post-2406-0-58553200-1337767381_thumb.jp

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Hi

Just got hold of a copy of the above record in near mint condition and wanted to ake if anyone out there can tell me how to confirm it's the original !!

Only questioning it because I've been told there is a box set out with the same record and it looks identical !!

Any help would be appreciated !

Many Thanks - Ray

post-2406-0-58553200-1337767381_thumb.jp

Ray your copy looks identical to the real deal original in Manships guide...I don't have a real copy to give matrix numbers...but yours looks spot on

Social source share

According to JM guide ( 3rd edition) Originals have either red/black labels or white DJ copy. Made in both styrene and vinyl. BUT the bootleggers kindly did their copies with SKY BLUE labels and GOLD lettering. So I think yours is correct AND looks like my old copy that I sold about 15 years ago. Hope that helps.

Social source share

Hi thanks for the info !

I've managed to find a scan of the box set record and the only differance I can see is there's no " 1841 Broadway New York, N.Y. " printed on the label above the thick black line !

As anyone got an original copy that can tell me the matrix details !

Please see scan of box set reord :

post-2406-0-58507800-1337770093_thumb.jp

Social source share

The recent Ace Records reissue from the FAME box-set which there is a scan of above says "Distributed by Ace Records Ltd, UK" above the upper black line on the left side which is a pretty obvious way to tell that it is a reissue.

The Ace Fame box set is brilliant.

In fact, the two lookalike 45s of the James Barnett (white demo) and Art Freeman (multi coloured issue) are so convincing that - if you neatly obscure the "distributed by Ace" type - they are a perfect substitute to use at an "original vinyl only" event to fool the Soul Police into thinking that you are actually playing the original 45s.

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert