How Does Someone Win A Record On Ebay At The Same Price I Bid?

Hi Swifty,

The other bidder must have initially placed a bid of $55 or higher ( even if the 45 was sitting at say $9.99 say after his bid). You put your $55 bid on ( I presume late on) and his bid matched yours and was the 1st one to that price. FYI The incremental bid for $25 - $99.99 is $1.

Social source share

Hi Swifty,

The other bidder must have initially placed a bid of $55 or higher ( even if the 45 was sitting at say $9.99 say after his bid). You put your $55 bid on ( I presume late on) and his bid matched yours and was the 1st one to that price. FYI The incremental bid for $25 - $99.99 is $1.

Ah , I get it , DOH !

Social source share

Hi,

IMHO Bid earlier or higher. It seems in this case both of you bid $55. If you had bid and extra $1 you would have won it (the increment value between $25 & $99.99), as $55 was the other bidders highest bid. You can tell this because

If the other bidders bid was higher (say $60) the final price would have been $56 (the one dollar increment).

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Always bid odd figures, say $56.67 instead of a figure rounded down to nearest dollar, or $5 etc

The other bidders highest bid must have been $55 otherwise it would have incremented higher than your bid of $55.

Also, always bid in last few seconds (use a snipe site to be sure) and always bid your max amount that you are happy to pay.

Bidding early just pushes final price up and encourages any watching snipers to bid higher to allow for extra interest.

Only time to bid early is if the starting bid price is very low and/or seller seems unaware of true value/rarity of record due to poor description, or artist/title spelling mistakes etc

Bidding early may then prevent someone else offering seller a fixed price to take item off auction listings....in this case just bid same as starting bid price then put a snipe on for final bid amount.

Regards

Mace

Edited by Mace
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!