Price And Label Please - Bonnyvetts "ordinary Girl"

Ljblanken

• Replies 15
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I collect female soul groups and have *never* heard of this. So it's either very rare, or it's doowop, or it's white spectorish type music. Do you have a link to audio?

i don't have a link, but have an MP3 on my computer. i got it (i think) from a homemade cd from Dick Vivian at Rooky Ricardo's Records in SF. if you send me an email address, i can send you the mp3... (pm me)

Social source share

It sounds nice and Soulful to me. I never heard it or heard of it back in the day. Bur, i have heard of it from the Northern Soul crowd over the past 10 years or so. What label was it on? Who produced it, wrote it, arranged it? Anyone know who the group members were? Where they were from? Can we have a label scan?

Social source share

It sounds nice and Soulful to me. I never heard it or heard of it back in the day. Bur, i have heard of it from the Northern Soul crowd over the past 10 years or so. What label was it on? Who produced it, wrote it, arranged it? Anyone know who the group members were? Where they were from? Can we have a label scan?

clearly nobody who has posted so far in the thread has a copy. it's not in the manship guide or the tim brown guide. googling makes it look like the sort of track that was unreleased and on a CD. However, it does show up on a french CD but that CD looks like bootlegs so unless it's bootlegged off of another CD it does exist in some form. It's not in popsike or collectors frenzy.

Can someone who is on spectropop ask there and repost here? That seems like the only hope unless someone here who hasn't posted yet knows.

Social source share

For all we know, it could have been an unknown group on a studio demo, and was just given a false name. That situation has occurred many times on the scene. Bonnyvetts is a very strange name for an American girls group.

sure. but ending up on a "northern soul" bootleg from france, it must have some physical history that someone knows, as they didn't get the track from a master tape probably.

Social source share

sure. but ending up on a "northern soul" bootleg from france, it must have some physical history that someone knows, as they didn't get the track from a master tape probably.

I agree. It may have been a studio demo or acetate. Many times, these have no artist name listed.

Social source share

• 9 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert