Loughborough Town Hall All-Nighter Late 70's

Chalky

Bob Gair (theothertosspot) has this recording of Loughborough Town Hall he made in the top room at the venue. He asked me to convert to digital and here it is for your listening pleasure.

Haven't had time to write out the track list so if someone wishes to oblige it would be appreciated.

Richard Searling the main DJ, not sure who follows, could be Sam? Sure someone will spot who it is for sure?

Cheers Bob :thumbup:

https://www.mixcloud.com/Chalkster/loughborough-town-hall-all-nighter-late-70s/

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Bob Gair (theothertosspot) has this recording of Loughborough Town Hall he made in the top room at the venue. He asked me to convert to digital and here it is for your listening pleasure.

Haven't had time to write out the track list so if someone wishes to oblige it would be appreciated.

Richard Searling the main DJ, not sure who follows, could be Sam? Sure someone will spot who it is for sure?

Cheers Bob :thumbup:

https://www.mixcloud.com/Chalkster/loughborough-town-hall-all-nighter-late-70s/

Nice one Chalks - and Bob of course. Great clapping - used to help make the hair on the back of my head stand up. And the other stuff of course. :wicked:

Peter

:thumbsup:

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

Guest manusf3a

I was at that one myself chalky and a couple of others there afterwards,memories are that it was pretty busy,quite a big hall.Other memories are that getting there was a train jumpers delight from the welling borough ,ketttering line,Im sure you just had to walk back down the platform a bit and push open a gate at Loughborough station..there was also a bit of a scuffle outside one night ,not much just a drunken local.I went there with Mick Gavin and Glen and co from the boro and had the usual good times,high times,fine times .Saw the woman beater from kettering there out of it on a couple of dex buying a bit of freindship by handing out a few pills and caps to some mansfield and notts way lads,sticky tricky ricky,quite a suprise really as the snake didnt go to many all nighters at that period in time?Mind you who would want to spend a night out in the company of narcissus himself!bet he used to hate having to give pills and caps he could of sold for top dollar to girls just to go with him .Talking of girls I think this was one of the last times I can remember seeing the lovely Caroline from Ashby de whatever as Mick used to like flirting and chatiing to her,very nice girl that she was (still is I would imagine).I was talking to a lad over at Rushden Soul in de Bowl and he told me she is still as nice a person as ever.

Nice one Chalks - and Bob of course. Great clapping - used to help make the hair on the back of my head stand up. And the other stuff of course. :wicked:

Peter

:thumbsup:

Yes its a bit of both Peter,the clapping and the other stuff, those two things didnt half go well together. Edited by manusf3a
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!