Bargain Of The Century

Guest stevie frear

Guest stevie frear

John Hillyard was one of the most bizzare characters i've ever had the pleasure to meet, think he worked for a big co  ( poss capitol ) at 1 time so his general knowledge was immense, he looked a bit like cat weasel with his matted long hair & god knows what holding his glasses together. The usual deal was that if you paid for his meals he would take you to his special places :shhh: . He had great records, i got the Tiarras on Seton for a few $ but wouldn't sell me the Little J Hamilton on Dore ( Butch got it ). Definately one of the west coast finest :yes:

Hey Arthur not seen since we had a discussion in sheridens dews' about the san Francisco  tko's-make up your mind-6tskent 45, not a lot peeps had heard at that time,i manage to get a copy our friend from dave rivers £20,glad I did as it soon sky rocketed. :thumbsup:

Regards

Stevie (mantis)

Social source share

Guest stevie frear

About four years ago I found the Fascinations 'Girls Are Out To Get You' on a Stateside demo in a Salvation Army in Lancing, West Sussex.

I'd almost given up looking through record boxes in charity shops as they only ever seemed to have 80s pop records.

And in the same box was an original Billy Butler 'Right Track' on Okeh, Darrell Banks on Stateside and the AdLibs 'Boy From New York City' on Red Bird.

Tidy little haul there stu, :thumbsup:

Stevie :D

Social source share

Guest stevie frear

He's on about the pink or yellow label Ted not the lookalikes

The pink 1s come up on e-bay from time to time :yes: seen a few

Social source share

That takes some beating, when was that Sean, recently?

If so gives us all hope :)

2000 Steve.

I'd been in the guy's store a couple of years earlier (in Baltimore) so knew he had a lot of old originals. When he put a bunch of Buy It Now's up for 12 bucks and listed 'I Have Searched' (the flipside).

I hit the BIN button like lightening.

Sent him the $12 (cash - Pre-Paypal days) and crossed my fingers until it arrived two weeks later...

Not Pink,

Not Yellow,

Stone, Store Stock, Mint Original.

Now only played twice lol

:thumbsup:

Sean

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest drewid

This was long before the PK dodgy ones Ted.

A genuine steal, I'd have said...

And probably the NS bargain of the 21st Century, thus far!

:thumbsup:

Sean

how many attempts did you have at hitting the bin button I'd have been shekkin like a thirty bob hoss
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Toby Legend Mala Demo has been mentioned earlier in the thread.  I bought one $6 ebay buy it now + maybe $6.50 shipping back in 2008 when the exchange rate was around $2 to the £.  The whole deal cost a little over £6 for M- with just a drill hole in the label.  For the internet/ebay shopper that period in time, and prior, was great.  Very easy to find stuff from the comfort of your arm chair and often where there was one 45 you'd find more.

Social source share

Guest stevie frear

or shekkin like a virgin in a whore house as once read as a description in voices one time, bet sean didn't sleep for 2 weeks :sleep3:

dave longy

Keeping it more soulful dave....shekkin like a shiting phillyDOG :rofl:

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest stevie frear

post-23350-0-22050300-1366478449_thumb.jHey todays "bargain of the century find" .....nice little Spanish 45 on the London label-

Don Bryant - what are you doing to my world - mo 760 - with p/s......£1. :thumbup: 

post-23350-0-22050300-1366478449_thumb.j

Edited by stevie frear
Social source share

Guest stevie frear

It's not that often, a bargain found on ebay : https://www.ebay.com/itm/281087616993?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

A beautiful white promo, and his VG+ is better than an English EX+++. :)

It's not that often, a bargain found on ebay : https://www.ebay.com/itm/281087616993?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

A beautiful white promo, and his VG+ is better than an English EX+++. :)

Quite right philipee,Nice one mate :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!