Stockport Northern Soul Remembrance Night 22Nd Nov 2013

Pk 22dj

Just an Idea

This is something I've been contemplating on setting up for a while now and think it might be a good idea to spread out throughout  the UK soul clubs. This year to my knowledge in Stockport soul mates Budgie and Sammy Sutton have passed away and I'm sure others that I can't bring to mind. They like most of my friends on here loved Northern Soul and supported most events over the years. As far as I know this has never been done anywhere in the country which is shocking seeing as we go on about being a big soul family. So here goes let's make it a first for Stockport and may it spread across the UK.

My intentions are to have a night for all those members of our family' who have passed away all the monies raised on the door or donations will go to a charity.

All the DJ's will come from Stockport and will give their time for free, The Moor Suite and has kindly been offered to us free by Bernard Greaves my good mate  the room holds 200 people and will be a ticket only event, tickets costing £6 for this first event which will be on Friday the 22nd of November 2013. A large pin board will be placed at each side of the Stage for you to put Photos on of you and your love ones / mates who have passed to make sure they are there on the night. This year's money £1200 + will be split between the Charities of both Budgie and Sam's family by cheque and you will all know the amount raised either on the night or a few days later.

I will be taking names plus payments for tickets at the Soul on the Edge Soul night at The Festival Hall in  Alderley Edge on the 28th of September, let's make this not just a night to remember but also a night to remember them.

Just think how much money we could all raise for charities in the name of Northern Soul, Please pass this message on. Looking forward to November the 22nd.

Thank You Paul Kidd.

Edited by pk 22dj
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Many happy nights in Stockport Paul throughout the 90's. Lots of locals piled in and made many friends your way...X I wish you every success with the concept and it deserves support from all....super idea...X I would gladly support a future night with pleasure for free as an old 'outsider'!x

LUV
SOOTY
X

I still use this today as me main middle if me fingers are picking me nose or summink....!x Presented on an Anniversary Night which was another fantastic memory...I think....!X

@@
~

cottons.jpg

cottonsdisc.jpg

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Many happy nights in Stockport Paul throughout the 90's. Lots of locals piled in and made many friends your way...X I wish you every success with the concept and it deserves support from all....super idea...X I would gladly support a future night with pleasure for free as an old 'outsider'!x

LUV

SOOTY

X

I still use this today as me main middle if me fingers are picking me nose or summink....!x Presented on an Anniversary Night which was another fantastic memory...I think....!X

@@

~

cottons.jpg

cottonsdisc.jpg

Great times we all had back then mate, Cottons was great for breaking in new tunes. Cheers Paul

Social source share

Ah Sooty Soul Knights and Freinds oops thought it meant something else :ohmy:  :wicked:

They don't do em like they did Mark...I was told that in 1994 from folk who were about in the 70's....!x Glad I weren't about back then.....I would have died.......wiv a smile and back flip....!x

@@

~

LUV

SOOTY

X

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I'm hoping to have some posters for this Friday coming so wil be down to see you mate.

Any day Wed to Fri is fine.

ROD

Hi Rod, I finally got the tickets on Thursday night but the flyers are not ready till Wednesday, probably best I bring them together and then plug to everyone that the tickets can be bought from your place amongst others thus they will buy a few tunes from you at the same time. I would have been in to see you but have started a major building project 2.5 weeks ago and I'm totally bollocked out ha ha. I am at a point now where I can take it easy so will get down this coming week. Cheers again Rod and see you soon.

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!