Benny Harper - My Prayer

So after much deliberating I've decided to let this go... So many have asked me for it, that I have decided to put it up for offers - which I'll accept until around 7ish on Sunday 9th Feb

Benny Harper - My Prayer/It's Love - Harper Soul

Labels have water damage, vinyl is M-

Offers over £800 are invited

I'm not chained to the net all day - so don't get arsy if I don't reply to you immediately. I'll open messages in order, and first to make the highest offer will win it. Will update as the offer changes. This is also up for sale under the same condition on FB - so only bid on one or t'other or I'll get frightfully confused.

I'm not interested in trades, or part payments, or can you hold it til I get paid. Sorry, but I have a large bill to pay so I need hard cash.

Payment to be made by either bank transfer or paypal as gift. Will accept a cheque if I know you - but record won't be posted out until the money has cleared in my account.

Thanks for looking.post-4070-0-47100600-1391605220_thumb.jppost-4070-0-23471200-1391605239_thumb.jp

Social source share

Just to let the prospective bidders know - I will be updating offers on here and on FB until 7 - I will be accepting offers til 7.30 - but will not update the post or be letting you know if yours is the highest bid. I will message the winner just after 7.30, as long as my head hasn't exploded. Hopefully you agree that this is the fairest way x

Social source share

Just to let the prospective bidders know - I will be updating offers on here and on FB until 7 - I will be accepting offers til 7.30 - but will not update the post or be letting you know if yours is the highest bid. I will message the winner just after 7.30, as long as my head hasn't exploded. Hopefully you agree that this is the fairest way x

Imho you should pm the top bidders as and when the bid changes, rather than post up the current bid.

They are obviously serious about owning it, so it's a common courtesy to let them have a fair chance :)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

don't want to be drawn in to a tirade of messages Nev - if at 7.30, the bidders have all offered the same amount - the one that bid that amount first will be the winner.

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe, just maybe, the fact Dave is using a alter ego is the reason Mick.was mistaken, so not actually that funny?

P.s,this is Jo,just using Nev's phone while he's in the loo ;)

No it is funny, I was standing next to Mick on Saturday when Dave told him he didn't sell him the copy.  Priceless.

Social source share

Maybe, just maybe, the fact Dave is using a alter ego is the reason Mick.was mistaken, so not actually that funny?

P.s,this is Jo,just using Nev's phone while he's in the loo ;)

Unless Mick is becoming senile he knew it was me we've been close friend since the mid 70's so there isn't much we don't know about each other believe me !

Dave

Social source share

Yes Pete

It was me who actually told Mick to buy a copy off John in the first place.

John circa 15 years ago, had hit a shop in Texas where he found circa 30-35 copies of Benny Harper.

Due to the fact that the stores roof out back had a leak most of the copies he found although the vinyl was mint had varying degrees of water damage with only about 6-7 still remaining in mint condition.

The mint copies were sold at £500.00( one of which I bought) with the others being discounted according to their label condition with the worst ones (i.e.KIrsty's recent sale)being eventually sold off at £200 each.

The Irony is that the copy Kitch recently sold which if memory serves me right had no more than a 10% water label stain sells for just over £800.00 and has you can see from the previous scans on this thead one of the worst ones sell for £1500, unbelivable.

Dave

Edited by Louise
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

No it is funny, I was standing next to Mick on Saturday when Dave told him he didn't sell him the copy.  Priceless.

Hi Pete I think you should add that you where standing next to Mick when he rang me at Prestatyn about BH.

It just so happened that John (Anderson) and myself while having our breakfast where playing through a box of Philly acetates he had taken, working out the unissued ones from the issued. So after Mick's call we began to reminisce about the Benny Harper story again.

Dave

Edited by Louise
Social source share

Yes Pete

It was me who actually told Mick to buy a copy off John in the first place.

John circa 15 years ago, had hit a shop in Texas where he found circa 30-35 copies of Benny Harper.

Due to the fact that the stores roof out back had a leak most of the copies he found although the vinyl was mint had varying degrees of water damage with only about 6-7 still remaining in mint condition.

The mint copies were sold at £500.00( one of which I bought) with the others being discounted according to their label condition with the worst ones (i.e.KIrsty's recent sale)being eventually sold off at £200 each.

The Irony is that the copy Kitch recently sold which if memory serves me right had no more than a 10% water label stain sells for just over £800.00 and has you can see from the previous scans on this thead one of the worst ones sell for £1500, unbelivable.

Dave

John had a minter at Victioria Record Fair for £500 - 15 years or so ago....that's where I got my copy too. But at the time it was  not played or really known. Since that  time it's built up a following, got plays etc. so I guess that's why price has increased....ATB Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!