Ebay Seller Harrassment

Mak

Had the same problem recently never reached his reserve price on the Steinways  had message after message saying he did it for a living, &  offering me the record at a still over the top price , he never stopped trying  Count769 seems to be same one 

Social source share

I live about an hour from The "Count" and have known him for a long time.Every word all you have written I have seen in person. Believe me,you all have hit the nail on the head...his reputation is just as bad amongst us in the USA.Despite the way he treats everyone,I still feel a bit for him as he has led a rough life,now uses a motorized wheelchair and lost a son to substance abuse. His actions and unscrupulous behaviors are well documented.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

While reading some posts on this topic i realised (not with the best feeling ever) that i bought a record from this man last week. The funny thing is that i got it for about 50% of his asking price.

His manners were something borderline, not nice but not incredibly rude either, but i definitely felt something weird in his ways.

when he asked for 30 $ on top of my best offer and i declined, he wrote "then you obviously don't want this record", to which i replied that this wasn't the case and that it was not up to him to decide whether i wanted something or not.

he kind of apologized and accepted my offer... 

i still haven't received the record, so i guess i'll have to keep my fingers crossed for a few weeks...

Edited by soulfuljules
Social source share

But don't respond with the same attitude as him as Ebay will say its tit for tat and save any message you get ebay may need to see them

Tit for tat - yeah every time I'm in that situation I always end up with tat - guess that's the story of my life...

Link record:  The Bossoms "That's when the tears start" (Reprise)

Derek x

Social source share

On 02/06/2015 at 20:41, vinyldisc said:

i sure like our regular vinyl record customers that walk in our record store and the folks i've sold directly to, online.

ebay makes me realize that more each day...

🤣

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Really sad all this, I too have had dealings with the count.

I put a fair bid in on an issue of 3 Degrees - Contact.  My bid was the highest but I did not meet

the minimum bid so he kept sending me emails harrasing me to up my bid to meet his minimum

sale price but I stuck to my guns and after about half a dozen emails from him he thankfully gave up.

If he is being so prolific with all the different instances quoted above I will definately put a complaint into ebay if I have another instance like this with him.

So beware the 'count' spelt with an 'o'

Social source share

Guest Noggin

I asked him if he was willing to drop the price of a record, to which he replied he already had and that it was a good price. I wasn't interested at his price so left it. He then sends me a mail asking how much I wanted to pay, after 2 hours (middle of the night here) he writes "Can you give me a simple answer to a simple question?" 

I told him to f/off.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!