Records I've Always Wanted To Hear

Quinvy

• Replies 82
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I don't think I've ever heard the Nurons!

You've not missed that much.

I bought it blind in a record shop in Pennsylvania about 17 years ago for $5.00.

I was pretty disappointed when I played it, but overjoyed when some kind soul gave me several £100's for it just a couple years later whistling.gif

Phil

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

off topic but wouldn't mind hearing Tell Tommy I Miss Him although as many would say it ain't soul. So how about we expect to hear Marvin Gaye - Without You great song but one of those you don't hear anywhere

Social source share

Keith Curtiss played c/u at Stafford by Guy as George Blackwell, didn't it come out of Bernie's barn, from Levines old collection? Got one out of Collectibles for $20 back in the good ol' set sale days (remember them?)

As for Pete S' review of Tobbi Bowe, I disagree, Mamie Lee is limp and should still be languishing in £3 or best offer boxes!, in 20 years or so I've only seen Tobbi Bowe come up 3 or 4 times, I bought it of Ted Massey back in 89 or 90 for 125, then let it go last year for a price I couldn't refuse. Wasn't there rumoured to be a 2nd release by her on Patheway? there definately was a missing number I didn't have.

Social source share

I don't know about you, but there's loads of tunes I've been told are fantastic, but are so rare that I can't find them to listen to........ Here's a few that I'd love to hear, anyone help?........

TOBBI BOWE - I CAN FEEL HIM SLIPPING AWAY - PATHWAY

PAUL KELLY - THE UPSET - LLOYD

KEITH CURTIS - I GOT TO KEEP YOU BABY - SMOKE

TERRIFICS - LEAVE US ALONE - DIAMOND JIM

GRAND PRIX'S - ROAR OF THE CROWD - TINA

Love 'The Stran' by Little Stanley but never heard his rarer 'Out of Sight Loving' - mp3 anyone?

Grant

Social source share

"It's hotter than my mother's oven, that out-a-site lovin"

I'll send you it later this week.

Cheers Simon thumbsup.gif had a listen to the clip that uroffal posted and yes I like it so would like the full works on an mp3 please....cant make my mind up if I like it more than The Stran though, maybe after a few listens

Grant

Social source share

I'd like to hear the vocals to Six by Six and Frantic Escape.

I Know they're out there.

vocals to Six by Six - thats an old chestnut Paul. A vocal to Frantic Escape too eh? Love this instrumental, cant imagine a vocal to it though :ohmy:

Social source share

vocals to Six by Six - thats an old chestnut Paul. A vocal to Frantic Escape too eh? Love this instrumental, cant imagine a vocal to it though :unsure:

CHESTNUT?? I know it is :ohmy: , however since 1972 there was always 'talk' of a vocal "My room is only 6x6" when the vocal was discovered for the other side of 6x6 (all for you) I was and have always been convinced there is a vocal.

As for Frantic....it has to be a backing piece for what one day will be a one off acetate Male group or singer imo...listen to it very carefully Grant..

cya

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Here's a few I'd be interested to hear:

West Coast Distributors - Girl (I Love You) - can't remember label, sorry.

Modern Soul Trio - You're No Good - Youngstown

Mark III - Should I Believe You - Stop

Social source share

Guest uroffal

on Goldmine CD "West Coast Winners", Ian Clark had one earlier this year. Think I've got Modern Soul Trio on CD somewhere?!

I'll try to get hold of that then CD then unless someone can provide an mp3.

I thought you were getting technologically sorted? If you do I'd be grateful for a listen to the Modern Soul Trio.

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

I want to hear Diana Ross and the supremes - What More Can a Boy Ask for but when said on here in other post no one has a sound file or didn't reply. Might not be so rare to you lot but i never know they made it

Social source share

Guest Roccia

Tobbi.....

TUUUUUNE...!!!

I knew this, but I can't remember where I've heard it... Maybe it's on a Skegness Weekender CD... Was it under C/U or what...?

Roccia

Social source share

Love 'The Stran' by Little Stanley but never heard his rarer 'Out of Sight Loving' - mp3 anyone?

Grant

Mega rare 45 that is Grant. Richard Watt from Carlisle has it and always plays it for us when he DJ's for me at the Burnley Allnighters. Top drawer tune. :D

Social source share

Mega rare 45 that is Grant. Richard Watt from Carlisle has it and always plays it for us when he DJ's for me at the Burnley Allnighters. Top drawer tune. :thumbsup:

only heard the short clip posted here quinvy, and I lkie what I hear - Simon T is digging the full version out for me and posting it soon...Simon you there mate :rolleyes::ohmy::lol:

Grant

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Ah! Interesting. Didn't know that. whistling.gif

Just checked out Manship's homepage and he mentions:

CURTIS - How Can I Tell Her / I Remember - CHARM CITY 1879

CURTIS - How Can I Tell Her / I Remember - CHARM CITY 1932 (1st. Mix 4.32 long)

Would really like to hear it. :lol:

OK. Old thread reactivation time. :lol: I recently tracked down a copy of the 1932 mix of "How Can I Tell Her". Here's a sound clip for those of you who want to hear it. Not as good or punchy as the 1879 mix in my opinion, but without the sound effects...

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert