Ronnie Forte - J.manships Auction.

KevH

Swapped mine with Pete French for Roger Pace and Betty Turner ( two nice demo's) . Heard Mr Forte out and kicked myself. Got one back and had to pay £100 to get it. That was about 5 years ago though. Some prices are crazy at the moment.

Kev

Those two plus a ton to get one back? You came out pretty good IMO with that deal.

Social source share

Guest son of stan

Bit of random trivia - the TARX label this came out on apoears to be the same label as TRAX label that Betti Lou and Bobby Adams came out on. Same address. I used to have them both (until some lowlife had my collection away) and noticed it one day. Wonder why they changed the spelling?

No relation to the legendary TRAX label from Chicago in the 80s!

Social source share

Bit of random trivia - the TARX label this came out on apoears to be the same label as TRAX label that Betti Lou and Bobby Adams came out on. Same address. I used to have them both (until some lowlife had my collection away) and noticed it one day. Wonder why they changed the spelling?

The Ghetto Boys also on the label (tarx), fantastic record.

Edited by chalky
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

And Tri-ode. All operating from the same New York Broadway address.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!