Eu import charge (maybe)

24 minutes ago, jimmy clitheroe said:

If we decide to exit the EU wonder if we will get hit with import charges from European sellers ( like we do with the usa) :( . Just a thought..Paul

Not necessarily, the EEU has no duty/tax agreements with many countries the UK could and probably would impose VAT. The sheer volume of traffic between the EEU and the UK will mean that it's in everyone's (read - Germany) interest to try and keep as much as the existing system as possible. We'll all know in a couple of months, I sell into Switzerland and Norway and my buyers don't pay any import duties or VAT.

Social source share

On 9.3.2016 at 17:33, Chris L said:

, I sell into Switzerland and Norway and my buyers don't pay any import duties or VAT.

Yes we do. Everything declared at more than 350 NOK inc. shipping gets hit with VAT in Norway.

(Currently 350 NOK is £29.)

Social source share

On 3/11/2016 at 16:43, LarsC said:

Yes we do. Everything declared at more than 350 NOK inc. shipping gets hit with VAT in Norway.

(Currently 350 NOK is £29.)

I should have qualified that remark I meant to say "those cheapskate Norwegians only buy low priced records" :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 16. marts 2016 at 16:26, tlscapital said:

Consider yourself "lucky", in Belgium it's for anything declared or purchased over €22 (15£) !!!

I can top that..Denmarks import tax from USA and non EU is set in place on anything above 75 kroner thats 7,5 £. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!