• Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

STATES 100% USA ORIGINAL

ITS ABOUT AS ORIGINAL AS TOAST :P

I saw that yesterday and thought I'd give it the benefit of the doubt because its obviously from a Japanese collector... and he's got a proper Matt Brown and a Perfections up with it!

I didn't think at first it was one of the recent boots... although the scan does look like it has a 'Moree effect' on it, which certainly makes it look dodgy.

Would be very surprised if it turned out to be a Boot... from a Japanese collector.

Whatever next?

Sean

Social source share

I've just enlarged the scan and you're right, the 'Moree Effect' is only on the light brown area, rather than on the type or on the 'Mountain' logo.

Shocking!!

:shades::P:P

Sean

I've never seen a boot that colour. the ones I have seen are grey. I am sure it's just the scan not that I'm bidding on it anyway but hope its genuine for the buyer at least.

Social source share

I've never seen a boot that colour. the ones I have seen are grey. I am sure it's just the scan not that I'm bidding on it anyway but hope its genuine for the buyer at least.

It does seem strange that a Japanese dealer/collector... who seems to have a couple of really nice originals on offer... would be selling one of the recent Boots as a proper one!

Sean

Social source share

Guest Dodger

I've just enlarged the scan and you're right, the 'Moree Effect' is only on the light brown area, rather than on the type or on the 'Mountain' logo.

Shocking!!

:shades::P:P

Sean

You're not going to get a moir pattern on a solid printed area because it'll only appear where there's originally a printed half-tone dot, which is usually in the lighter colours printed out of four-colour process as this label will have been.

Roger

Social source share

You're not going to get a moir pattern on a solid printed area because it'll only appear where there's originally a printed half-tone dot, which is usually in the lighter colours printed out of four-colour process as this label will have been.

Roger

Agree Roger.

Providing the solid is made up of 100% solids from the CMYK of course.

So what's your verdict, is it a boot or not?

Sean

Social source share

Roger

as a luddite was gonna ask what the moree effect is, just googled its something along lines of missing fine detail on photographic reproduction (is it?). If so could the limitations of the pc monitor or summin cause this too?

Social source share

as a luddite was gonna ask what the moree effect is, just googled its something along lines of missing fine detail on photographic reproduction (is it?). If so could the limitations of the pc monitor or summin cause this too?

Yes, screen resolution would affect this, but then the effect would occur on the dark area (Mountain logo) as much as it does on the lighter 4 Process Colour area IMO.

Sean

Social source share

Guest Dodger

When an continuous tone image (i.e. a photo) is scanned for print, in order to achieve the tonal areas on a printing press it's broken down into halftone dots - have a close look a newspaper image or magazine image to see what I mean. When a previously printed image is scanned then the dots gets scanned as well - moir is cause by basically putting a printing dot on top of a printing dot. On darker, more solid areas there's less of a printing dot to it's less likely to appear. It's the same kind of thing on a telly or computer monitor, close up it's all dots and sometimes people wearing herringbone pattern jackets or tiles on a building roof can appear like that as well.

Roger

Social source share

Guest Dodger

Agree Roger.

Providing the solid is made up of 100% solids from the CMYK of course.

So what's your verdict, is it a boot or not?

Sean

Sean you're asking TOTALLY the wrong person whether a record is original or not. Technical issues in print I'm fine with, telling fake records from the real thing is way out of my remit!!!! :P

Cheers

Roger

Social source share

When an continuous tone image (i.e. a photo) is scanned for print, in order to achieve the tonal areas on a printing press it's broken down into halftone dots - have a close look a newspaper image or magazine image to see what I mean. When a previously printed image is scanned then the dots gets scanned as well - moir is cause by basically putting a printing dot on top of a printing dot. On darker, more solid areas there's less of a printing dot to it's less likely to appear. It's the same kind of thing on a telly or computer monitor, close up it's all dots and sometimes people wearing herringbone pattern jackets or tiles on a building roof can appear like that as well.

Roger

Thanks for the info Roger, its all clear to me now, anything more complicated than an overhead sausage valve and i'm gone :thumbsup:

Social source share

STATES 100% USA ORIGINAL

ITS ABOUT AS ORIGINAL AS TOAST :thumbsup:

Looks like an original to me Gasher.

Y'know I wondered why I got that same mottled effect when I was sometimes scanning (original) records. Roger's explanation makes perfect sense now that he has explained it. Enlightened.

Social source share

Hi,

I've got exactly the same problem on a the scan of a Bobby Bland demo i'm selling on ebay. Is it a fault with my scanner, or is it an ebay problem, can anyone help?

Thanx

Sue

Here's a link to it

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E%3AIT&rd=1

Do You have MGI Photosuite'? - if so you can remove this by going onto touch-up and using the remove blemish filter - run the mouse over all of the picture and it'll shift it.

Social source share

Guest Sue Males

Do You have MGI Photosuite'? - if so you can remove this by going onto touch-up and using the remove blemish filter - run the mouse over all of the picture and it'll shift it.

Nice one, thanks for the tip.

Social source share

Guest Dodger

Also before you scan anything you might want to check if your software gives you a 'Descreen' option, most scanning software should offer this these days. If it does have that option, try doing a scan with, and a scan without it, to see the difference between the two.

Roger

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert