Mitty Collier

Mak

You know how it is, you dig a record out from the bottom of a pile in a old wardrobe and you just cannot stop playing it. MITTY COLLIER - MY PARTY - CHESS (demo) .............question, did it ever get played at soul nights?

If not it's about time it did

Edited by MAK
Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest MonkeyMod

I've only recently come across this one - and absolutely love it.

I gave it a spin last Crossfire in the R&B Room - but it was pretty early - don't think it woulda worked later in there but in the big soul room it woulda sounded fantastic.

Mark

Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

You know how it is, you dig a record out from the bottom of a pile in a old wardrobe and you just cannot stop playing it. MITTY COLLIER - MY PARTY - CHESS (demo) .............question, did it ever get played at soul nights?

I think I heard it played around 10 years ago at t'undred club. There were only about 3 people dancing to it, but (if memory serves me correctly) one was Jo Brock, so it just proves that it's quality not quantity that's retained in the memory :lol:

..or not......if I've got it wrong.........

Jo isn't on here, so she can't confirm :yes:

Social source share

Played it a few times down here,at the sunday snug,great toon,goes on a bit tho` :lol:

Social source share

I think I heard it played around 10 years ago at t'undred club. There were only about 3 people dancing to it, but (if memory serves me correctly) one was Jo Brock, so it just proves that it's quality not quantity that's retained in the memory :yes:

..or not......if I've got it wrong.........

Jo isn't on here, so she can't confirm :P

Might have been me who played it,empty dance floor sounds right :lol:

Social source share

Fantastic track, one of her best, I have loved it for many years :lol:

Must dig it out this week and give it some spins

cheers

Paul

Social source share

My Party! :lol:

This was one of the first soul records I ever heard. It was on an old Marble Arch LP showcasing the new sounds of '66 that my Dad had, along with Litttle Milton Man Loves Two, Joe Tex Baby You're Right.... I put it on the record player once thinking it was the song that goes "It's my party and I'll cry if i want to, crrrry if i want to..." which I'd just heard at the roller-disco.

I was pleasantly surprised!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert