Hand It Over-Chuck - Kent

3 hours ago, Tony Smith said:

Soul Brothers Six "I'll Be Loving You" sounds completely different on the "Getting' To Me" CD

(Not alternate, I know, but if you played it back to back with the 45, you'd swear they were different)

Yes so much that it's like two different tracks, I think it's because of the stereo mix on the cd/lp

Social source share

On 2017-02-10 at 09:56, Tony Smith said:

Soul Brothers Six "I'll Be Loving You" sounds completely different on the "Getting' To Me" CD

(Not alternate, I know, but if you played it back to back with the 45, you'd swear they were different)

Same thing with "Some Kind Of Wonderful", sounds very different on the "At The Club" CD compared to the original US 45.

Another one that comes to mind is Jamo Thomas "Must I Holler", totally different recording on Kent CD compared to the 45.

Social source share

6 hours ago, Sebastian said:

Same thing with "Some Kind Of Wonderful", sounds very different on the "At The Club" CD compared to the original US 45.

Another one that comes to mind is Jamo Thomas "Must I Holler", totally different recording on Kent CD compared to the 45.

Yes the Jamo eventually came out on vinyl on the second Chess box of 7s with the full story about it. I didn't notice Some Kind Of Wonderful, probably stereo too

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2017 at 11:56, ady croasdell said:

Ha, I thought so, knowing you. Great stuff, there IS an alt on 45 and it is substantially different vocal and lyrics as commented upon.

149A 50129-1E (pressed) -ride

149 = 50129-1A -kiss

169 = 50129 - 1D -ride

My 169 was ride but looked more like 1c i'll check again

All we need now is a 169 kiss but that may not exist.

I had 2 x 169 and a 149 and all played "ride" so the 149 "kiss" is quite hard to find I think. 

my 149 was 50129 1C as were both my 169s.

I don't think anyone's had a 169 "kiss" in their mits have they?

Social source share

18 minutes ago, ady croasdell said:

I had 2 x 169 and a 149 and all played "ride" so the 149 "kiss" is quite hard to find I think. 

my 149 was 50129 1C as were both my 169s.

I don't think anyone's had a 169 "kiss" in their mits have they?

No, I get the impression that the very FIRST press of 149 ( 50129 1A) is going to be the ONLY Wand issue of "Kiss", as it was dropped in favour of "Ride" (50129 1C). By the time of 169 release, "Kiss" was a thing of the past, and the "Ride" version was the preferred version. I can't imagine Wand would try the same two versions again for 169, although stranger things have happened.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Mick Holdsworth said:

No, I get the impression that the very FIRST press of 149 ( 50129 1A) is going to be the ONLY Wand issue of "Kiss", as it was dropped in favour of "Ride" (50129 1C). By the time of 169 release, "Kiss" was a thing of the past, and the "Ride" version was the preferred version. I can't imagine Wand would try the same two versions again for 169, although stranger things have happened.

I agree; let's watch someone prove us wrong !

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!