4 Nights On Friday In Northants Area

Guest Baz

F**k sake get a grip promoters.............Talk........... so far friday we have We got soul wellingborough, Bedford ath, a do in Rothwell, and Peterborough, too many people putting on events for the fun of it ranting_1.gif Its you that will suffer the consiqences.

• Replies 44
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

F**k sake get a grip promoters.............Talk........... so far friday we have We got soul wellingborough, Bedford ath, a do in Rothwell, and Peterborough, too many people putting on events for the fun of it ranting_1.gif Its you that will suffer the consiqences.

===========

Bedford - Bedfordshire

Peterborough - Cambridgeshire

Rothwell, Wellingborough - Northamptonshire

Rothwell is a 25th wedding anniversary combined with a charity night, not sure how easy it would have been to change that date?

If you put on a monthly night, chances are its going to clash with something nearby, if they were all quarterly nights, perhaps there'd be more chance of avoiding the problem?

===========

Bedford - Bedfordshire

Rothwell is a 25th wedding anniversary combined with a charity night, not sure how easy it would have been to change that date?

If you put on a monthly night, chances are its going to clash with something nearby, if they were all quarterly nights, perhaps there'd be more chance of avoiding the problem?

You know what i mean tongue.gif they are all within half hour of each other. you talk about spliting the scene is not good but then more or less say clashing is ok? think that splits the scene even more dont you?

Why if something has been running for over a year on the last friday of every month then surley any one who is out there will know this its not easy to get round it, look at whats posted in the events sections on here, no excuses IMO ok Rothwell is differnt but that could have been put on on the sat? it really winds me up when people just put a date on to suite them selfs and with no care as to what else is on. i didn't know bedford was on till i went sat, hopefully after talking to hammie he'll take into consideration that date as this will be the second time bedford and welly have clashed.

Baz

The Ath dates were booked back in Jan/Feb. In Jan, Martin AInscough put together a matrix of 2006 dates for this catchment area down to and including London and if I remember rightly I contacted yourself to see if there were any organised in the Northants area. Geoff and Hammie took all this into consideration when booking the dates for 2006.

QoFxx

You know what i mean tongue.gif they are all within half hour of each other. you talk about spliting the scene is not good but then more or less say clashing is ok? think that splits the scene even more dont you?

Why if something has been running for over a year on the last friday of every month then surley any one who is out there will know this its not easy to get round it, look at whats posted in the events sections on here, no excuses IMO ok Rothwell is differnt but that could have been put on on the sat? it really winds me up when people just put a date on to suite them selfs and with no care as to what else is on. i didn't know bedford was on till i went sat, hopefully after talking to hammie he'll take into consideration that date as this will be the second time bedford and welly have clashed.

===========

I'm not saying clashing is fine, its destructive, but its unavoidable whilst everyone wants a piece of the pie.

Rothwell, I've no idea about, could be that Steve and Sharon couldn't get the Saturday, maybe the football team was at home, I really don't know, but think that in cases like this, they're not in the equation.

Peterborough. Could be that they don't want to clash with other Peterborough venues, and there are a lot of them, so the EASC, chose to have that Friday as it never clashes? I don't know I haven't gone into the ins and outs and don't intend to, has Mr Allsorts contacted Peterborough to find out if the situation can be resolved?

Hammie's Bedford do has been established 7/8 years, has a pretty solid base of local soulies who are quite loyal, why should they be disappointed with changes in dates or the normal timescale? He doesn't always have the luxury of picking a Friday or a Saturday, so again his do is going to occasionally clash. Thats why I said if all the nights were quarterly, we'd all have somewhere to go locally most weeks, but if you choose to put on a monthly night, then it had better be fantastic cos its almost certain to clash with something else.

Bedford is a quarterly event held on a Friday, as Winnie said it has been running for 7/8 years, there is always a chance that it may clash with welly or somewhere else and available date may not always be perfect, i.e. having the charity night the week before the regular Ath do wasn't perfect but it was down to the availability of the venue.

The dates were put in the event calender earlier in the year and on every thread for the Ath this year all future dates have been listed. I did not post the discussion thread till more recently (19th October) as I feel that if a discussion thread for an event is posted too early it gets lost and does not have the same impact and gets more attention if it is nearer the event date.

I also have to agree with Winnie that if events were run quartely there would be less risk of clashing and thinning out the numbers and if you are running a monthly event you are going to run the risk of clashing at some point.

You also have to take into consideration that much of the Ath's "catchment area" is south of Bedford i.e. South Beds, Herts, North London etc and is possibly different to Wellingborough and Peterborough, I realise that where you live, Rushden, is slap in the middle of both Wellingborough and Bedford so may cause a dilema to yourself but to many of these people, living south of Bedford it would not be seen as in the same area.

QoFxx

Guest Andy Kempster

F**k sake get a grip promoters.............Talk........... so far friday we have We got soul wellingborough, Bedford ath, a do in Rothwell, and Peterborough, too many people putting on events for the fun of it :yes: Its you that will suffer the consiqences.

we did that last year and still managed to clash with a few nights on occassion. sometimes it just cannot be helped.

dates were discussed with blue skies (hatfield), plinston (letchworth), rsg (westcott), solid hit soul (north london), sounds of soul (hemel),the dome (north london) and talk of the south (luton)

unfortunately we did still clash with wellingboro most occassions but next year that wont be happening (hopefully)

so far dates have been discussed with plinston, bedford (the ath) and solid hit soul.

if anyone else wants to join in and have a clash free year for 2007 then let me know

atb

andy kempster

understand that sometimes clashes are unavoidable and sometimes there can be good reasons, venue availbility, different music policy, style, crowd etc etc

myself always feel that if there is a clash, then the promoters who are doing the clashing should at least be upfront about it and say why its occured, save a lot of bad feeling and all the rest of going ons

understand that sometimes clashes are unavoidable and sometimes there can be good reasons, venue availbility, different music policy, style, crowd etc etc

myself always feel that if there is a clash, then the promoters who are doing the clashing should at least be upfront about it and say why its occured, save a lot of bad feeling and all the rest of going ons

sounds like the city club promoters are still the topic of the month :yes:
Guest Dr Pickles

we did that last year and still managed to clash with a few nights on occassion. sometimes it just cannot be helped.

dates were discussed with blue skies (hatfield), plinston (letchworth), rsg (westcott), solid hit soul (north london), sounds of soul (hemel),the dome (north london) and talk of the south (luton)

unfortunately we did still clash with wellingboro most occassions but next year that wont be happening (hopefully)

so far dates have been discussed with plinston, bedford (the ath) and solid hit soul.

if anyone else wants to join in and have a clash free year for 2007 then let me know

atb

andy kempster

Hi Andy

Sounds of Soul dates 2007:

10th March

12th May

29th September

24th November

We've spoke to as many promotors in the area as possible to make sure we don't clash, even as far down as Bisley.

Hope this helps

Chris

F**k sake get a grip promoters.............Talk........... so far friday we have We got soul wellingborough, Bedford ath, a do in Rothwell, and Peterborough, too many people putting on events for the fun of it :yes: Its you that will suffer the consiqences.

with all these fantastic choices ,it was a difficult decision , all within half an hour of my house in the epi centre of northants - after much deliberation being spoilt for choice locally, ive decided it has to be burnley kestrel suite friday night for me, so its a 6 hour round trip . and a few days to recover , but good luck to all the local promoters .

Edited by tony parker
Guest Andy Kempster

Hi Andy

Sounds of Soul dates 2007:

10th March

12th May

29th September

24th November

We've spoke to as many promotors in the area as possible to make sure we don't clash, even as far down as Bisley.

Hope this helps

Chris

nice one chris

if you want to pop any details you have over i shll do up a matrix like martin did last year and we can all see whats going on where and when.

Guest kev such

Hi Baz, kev such here mate. unfortunately we do clash sometimes. The Ritz, Cream Cracker and Stompers and Shufflers do arrange our forthcoming events around each other. You do have a point ref a lot of do's on at the same time. We do communicate to make sure we dont clash. The three above only happen on a Saturday night, so maybe the ones held on a Friday should have a chat.

regards Kev.

===========

Bedford - Bedfordshire

It still splits them up Winni..and its only over a 25 mile radious, and thats nothing to a soulie..I for one will be attending Wellingborough and Rothwell later on :yes:shhh.gif

Hi Baz, kev such here mate. unfortunately we do clash sometimes. The Ritz, Cream Cracker and Stompers and Shufflers do arrange our forthcoming events around each other. You do have a point ref a lot of do's on at the same time. We do communicate to make sure we dont clash. The three above only happen on a Saturday night, so maybe the ones held on a Friday should have a chat.

regards Kev.

Glad to see your keeping on top of it Kev. :yes:

sounds like the city club promoters are still the topic of the month :yes:

hate that smiley :D

never sure what it means?

whistling.gif:D

but nah, think they were topic of the minute last month after thier antics on here

but post was more on about uk wide

there's clashes going off over the place and every weekend

even the clashes are clashing :)

dates for soul@hitchinfc for 2007

friday january 19th (still to be confirmed)

friday march 30th

friday may 25th

friday july 27th

friday september 28th (3rd anniversary)

friday november 30th

Arent they all the last friday of the month :unsure:

hell dont even know why im giving myself a headache over this im not even a promoter, just sick of going to places that are half full. :(

Guest kev such

Glad to see your keeping on top of it Kev. :unsure:

hey up glynn. how are you mate. do you wanna do the guest spot at Cream Cracker on the 24th march next year. Let me know.

It still splits them up Winni..and its only over a 25 mile radious, and thats nothing to a soulie..I for one will be attending Wellingborough and Rothwell later on :unsure::(

============

Yeah, it does split them up, but only if your night isn't strong enough to sustain a crowd in the first place. Most of clashes are done without malice, but whats a promoter to do. He/she could end up ringing round and finding every Friday they'd be clashing, so should said promoter say, ok no do this month/quarter? Mike pointed out that there are clashes all over the country, it's not just Northants/Beds and cambs.

Lets also look at the travelling aspect, you travel, so do I, how many are actually travelling though, and how many through the doors at any events are just a taxi ride away? A soul night in Hitchin and one in Wellingborough on the same night aren't really in direct opposition, If for instance Andy shut his night in Hitchin because Wellingborough was on are his usual 80 to a 100 attendees going to all go to Hitchin.......course their not, if Wellingborough got 10 of those clientelle, they'd consider themselves fortunate. And the same thing would happen in reverse. The bottom line is, the venue where ever it is has to be good enough to make a crowd turn up, and keep turning up.

Winnie:-)

sounds like the city club promoters are still the topic of the month :unsure:

===========

Thing is Russ, you and others may not like their music policy etc, but if they continue to get the numbers through the doors, no one can deny their success. In a promoters keeping in touch with each others scenario, this is a venue that you would be in contact with, so keeping things friendly rather than criticising is in both your interests?

dates for soul@hitchinfc for 2007

friday january 19th (still to be confirmed)

friday march 30th

friday may 25th

friday july 27th

friday september 28th (3rd anniversary)

friday november 30th

Hi Rodney Marsh the 2nd or is it Stan Bowles the man,Your event for Jan 19th (friday),we may have it booked already for our joint birthday bash RBman Martin ,Taffy ,Toby we are holding a FREE entry event venue tbc ,but if you would like to give us a ring maybe we could save a lot of hassle and you a lot of money by us highjacking your do (we could come to some sort of financial agreement,by us paying for your venue to allow us to still give out our free tickets etc.

CALL ME ASAP..Toby (the birthday collective)..

Guest dundeedavie

being a bit harsh no one is entitled to a free weekend , on the other hand if people stuck to a coupla things there would be a lot less do's

geography ---- if nothing in your area

playlist ---- if you are being suffiiently different in your playlists

Guest soul58uk

For anyone who is interested, Soul ole Peterborough dates for 2007 are,

Jan 5th, March 9th, May 12th, July 13th, Sept 14th, Nov 9th, December 14th.

And I agree to some point with the thread starter, that there are too many do's now, its getting diluted cos people don't need to travel as much. I used to go all over, Wellingboro, Desborough, Cannock, Bedford as well as all the local do's in P'Boro, nowadays I dont need to, but half the do's are half empty.

Guest kev such

One of the main problems at the moment ref too many do's being on is simply that certain elements are doing them as a money earner, and not as a good old night of dancing etc...

I have moved the do's in rothwell to a Saturday from next year as there are only three ongoing soul nights in the kettering area on a saturday, Stompers and Shufflers, Cream Cracker and the Ritz. Last year i ran them on fridays and trying to arrange a free night was a bleeding nightmare.

kev.

Guest the saint

BAZ.

I DON'T SEE WHY I HAVE TO EXPLAIN MYSELF. BUT I WILL

Our 25th wedding anniversary charity night, in Rothwell was booked last November. If we could have had the Saturday night believe me I would have!!

We have been fliering this event for the last Six months It is only a one off. If it affects Wellingborough, Peterbough or Bedford, then so be it. Is it our fault that people would like to help us celebrate this mile stone in our lives!!!!

Punters have a choice to which "do's" they wish to attend, without pressure from the promoters. As long as the punters have a choice, then every promoter will have to be on their toes to make sure their do's are the best in the area.

When we booked this event NO OTHER EVENTS were advertised on soul source.

As Kev Such has quite rightly pointed out, the three do's that are put on, in the Kettering

area we do talk to each other to make sure we do not clash, we also talk to Rugby.

Steve Towers

aka the saint.

Hi Steve no-one has to explain them selfs, im just abit gutted, that its always the same round this way, and after seeing them four events going up against each other it made me crack, you know a whats the point sort of thing, as i said in an earlyer post, Rothwell is differnt, as it is a 25th anny.

Well if its done one thing its bought clashing to a point of talking which can only be a good thing and beleive me when i say it can only benifit ALL involved be it promoter or punter :unsure:

It still splits them up Winni..and its only over a 25 mile radious, and thats nothing to a soulie..I for one will be attending Wellingborough and Rothwell later on :unsure::hypo:

But then you do "get about a bit" don't you Sir! :shhh::(

( I'm one to talk though, as am doin a bit of that meself Friday too! :unsure: See you Fri big man!)

x

Guest the saint

[

Well if its done one thing its bought clashing to a point of talking which can only be a good thing and beleive me when i say it can only benifit ALL involved be it promoter or punter :unsure:

First friday by-monthly, clashed a few times but never intentional at the L.e.L

Trying to make it an allnighter venue next year but for the 2nd feb with Soul Sam and kev Draper. Already booked and deposit payed.

I Keep an eye on the events and all-nighter dates for 2007so not to clash.

Happy to talk to anybody even joint promotions :shades:

Edited by gibber

:thumbsup: hi baz and all.

ref..clash of nites seems to be just starting to happen round hear..

our venue is just comeing up to 4yrs ...another venue started just 3 mths ago .

4 miles from us ...3rd friday of each month on our nite ...b4 that the nearest one to us was 1 hour aso away ... others with in half a hour away on different nites r finding other venues setting up ... i agree that promoters like my self should talk ..or at least go to venues in local area ..pick up some flyers and see whats on b4 setting up a venue ...unless they are playing a different music policy ...

.be happy :D

take care :shades:

pete (bentinck soul club ) ashfield notts

Guest rushden
post-1742-1164089670_thumb.jpgG, day . To confuse you all i am flying over to put on a 30th one off re- union bash off an old rushden gig i did way back when ,any profits will go to ms society, as my old mukka wife as it.I booked the venue a yr a head so i could try not upset you all who are doing it week in week out locally so SUNDAY AUGUST 5TH 07 ALLDAYER RUSHDEN PEMBERTON CENTRE . Getting emails of ex pats who attended the gig way back when in dubai, usa ,italy ect who are coming over for it . Plus gabby beeby from la , dave moore usa , steve bardsley australia , big effort to dj. Plus 3 local djs from the old rock foundation gig and some djs who have flown over to surport us in australia , tickets & flyers are out around northants as would like a nice crowd . I could not believe the venue price 900 quid f888888888888 get my brissie venue for free . best regards johnny red pants warren
Guest kev such

with all these fantastic choices ,it was a difficult decision , all within half an hour of my house in the epi centre of northants - after much deliberation being spoilt for choice locally, ive decided it has to be burnley kestrel suite friday night for me, so its a 6 hour round trip . and a few days to recover , but good luck to all the local promoters .

Post removed as per request

Cheers Baz

Edited by kev such

:thumbsup:Oh my Mr Such....Bambi has changed! (Was gonna show it to my class one Friday afternoon before Christmas....but maybe not now it's gone all "x-rated" eh? :shades:)

Edited by Baz

Sorry Kev, Tony has a right on the forum to air his views, as long as it stays in the guidlines, so just ask we keep it clean :shades:

but i do agree with him in a way there is no really good do's on round here thats why my self and him have to travel distances to get our 'fix' any way im not worried about that the reason i started this thread was about why is there four doos on with in a 25 mile radius.

Edited by Baz

Sorry Kev, Tony has a right on the forum to air his views, as long as it stays in the guidlines, so just ask we keep it clean :shades:

but i do agree with him in a way there is no really good do's on round here thats why my self and him have to travel distances to get our 'fix' any way im not worried about that the reason i started this thread was about why is there four doos on with in a 25 mile radius.

===========

No good do's? that's an outrageous statement.

LeL

Beds Ath

The Embankment

Desborough

Plinston

Hitchin

Guests like Arthur Fenn, Soul Sam, Butch, Chalky, Mick H, Kenny Burrell, Carl Fortnum etc etc etc

All of these provide something a little different

If you like oldies

St Ives

Peterborough ..... any of 4

Plus others.

I just can't believe you said that

===========

No good do's? that's an outrageous statement.

LeL

Beds Ath

The Embankment

Desborough

Plinston

Hitchin

Guests like Arthur Fenn, Soul Sam, Butch, Chalky, Mick H, Kenny Burrell, Carl Fortnum etc etc etc

All of these provide something a little different

If you like oldies

St Ives

Peterborough ..... any of 4

Plus others.

I just can't believe you said that

:shades: Way too far out of context.

===========

Thing is Russ, you and others may not like their music policy etc, but if they continue to get the numbers through the doors, no one can deny their success. In a promoters keeping in touch with each others scenario, this is a venue that you would be in contact with, so keeping things friendly rather than criticising is in both your interests?

hi win, i wasnt criticising this event,the chances are that i will be attending

because music apart i will always try and support my local do"s. the statement was

more of a sarcasm against the thread, because it just happened to be the city club

that was clashing, and we know how the moderators feel about these promoters :shades:

russ

Easy boy! :shades: I'm looking forward to the Dayer and hearing some of Tony's sounds. It'll be his chance to show those of us not in the know what we are missing, apparently.

I like to travel and I like to stay local and much of it depends on my mood/time/finances/lift as to where I go. For instance, irrespective of music policy (but it will be a good one if Stompers & Shufflers is a guide) then I will go to Rothwell because Sharon and Steve will only ever have one 25th Wedding Anniversary and I would like to help them celebrate it. I went to Slks last week, even though I suspected there wouldn't be many people in but it didn't matter, the music made it worth it. I've been to a few "handbaggy" do's in Corby. No matter, I get to see one of my favourite cousin's and it's nice to be in a venue with more women than men for a change. After a couple of weeks of staying local, i like to travel further afield. If I had the time to lose on Sunday, I would do the Stables nighter... Music policy is important, but it's not always everything and neither is localness. That's just me though and I feel lucky that I have such a wide choice of potential events to choose from each weekend and i say hat's off to all promotors and organizers, because I wouldn't want to do it! :)

Edited by Baz

as a co promoter of the L.E.L we go out of our way not to clash earlier in the year as you know we ran monthly then going to a go go started in hyham we changed our week from the last friday to the first we still clashed as they changed thiers to the same so we decided to go bi monthly i know music policy isn't the same as we book top d.j's well in advance and as andy's stated were looking at more allnighters for 2007 just to upset the peterboro contingent even more you will have another new venue in february run by dave reed more clashes can be expected ,but if like us you keep track of who's doing what and communicate more this should'nt happen :shades: i'll be at my usual residency at wellingboro friday playing some top tunes

Guest rushden

Mark , I am also looking forword to Tonys spot at around 9pm , i dont personally want to get involved in the Bolitics as i will be celebrating my 50th on the day the reason for the pilgrimage & hope all this bad feeling is done & dusted by next year best regards john ps 2 days before the ashes in brissie cant wait

Easy boy! :shades: I'm looking forward to the Dayer and hearing some of Tony's sounds. It'll be his chance to show those of us not in the know what we are missing, apparently.

I like to travel and I like to stay local and much of it depends on my mood/time/finances/lift as to where I go. For instance, irrespective of music policy (but it will be a good one if Stompers & Shufflers is a guide) then I will go to Rothwell because Sharon and Steve will only ever have one 25th Wedding Anniversary and I would like to help them celebrate it. I went to Slks last week, even though I suspected there wouldn't be many people in but it didn't matter, the music made it worth it. I've been to a few "handbaggy" do's in Corby. No matter, I get to see one of my favourite cousin's and it's nice to be in a venue with more women than men for a change. After a couple of weeks of staying local, i like to travel further afield. If I had the time to lose on Sunday, I would do the Stables nighter... Music policy is important, but it's not always everything and neither is localness. That's just me though and I feel lucky that I have such a wide choice of potential events to choose from each weekend and i say hat's off to all promotors and organizers, because I wouldn't want to do it! :)