Northern Male Dominate Lol

Billywhizz

Northern males dominate,not my words from a couple of soulies i mete last weekend,never been to a allnighter in the last 10 years+,they think there the dogs bullocks because they've been there and done it,there in there 40's they say they are to old for the allnighters,they rather do local soul dos and the odd alldayer last weekend was norwich alldayer Karen C dj one of the best spots all day she knows how to get the floor going a voice came over my shoulder saying you would never get a female behind the decks 10 or 15 years ago and the males seem to crack the ice on the dancefloor in other words get things going i said get yourself out and about get to a few allnighters the scenes change over the years there must be 2 types of soulies going around or are they in the time warp or is it me.

Billy

Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Northern males dominate,not my words from a couple of soulies i mete last weekend,never been to a allnighter in the last 10 years+,they think there the dogs bullocks because they've been there and done it,there in there 40's they say they are to old for the allnighters,they rather do local soul dos and the odd alldayer last weekend was norwich alldayer Karen C dj one of the best spots all day she knows how to get the floor going a voice came over my shoulder saying you would never get a female behind the decks 10 or 15 years ago and the males seem to crack the ice on the dancefloor in other words get things going i said get yourself out and about get to a few allnighters the scenes change over the years there must be 2 types of soulies going around or are they in the time warp or is it me.

Billy

Errrrr... a fair question.

I happen to think there are more than '2 types' of 'Soulie'.

Also, congratulations on creating the worlds longest sentence.

:lol:

Social source share

Billy

Back in the early 70s, probably about 73/74ish Patti Swallow owned and DJd at the Orbit in Rhyl and probably had one of the best collections of the day, so female DJs have been around as long as I can remember :lol: so it's nothing new and it is great that there are more and more great female DJs out there doing their stuff :lol:

QoFxx

Social source share

:D

===========

This really made me laugh, I think you have a future as punctuation monitor :lol::lol:

Billy their viewpoint has nothing to do with being a soulie, its to do with being a little on the neanderthal man side :P Its clearly an outdated premise that only men can fill a floor, won't name the female DJs I think can, cos Jo told me off last time for forgetting some, but there are quite a few.

Winnie:-)

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

===========

This really made me laugh, I think you have a future as punctuation monitor :lol::lol:

Billy their viewpoint has nothing to do with being a soulie, its to do with being a little on the neanderthal man side :lol: Its clearly an outdated premise that only men can fill a floor, won't name the female DJs I think can, cos Jo told me off last time for forgetting some, but there are quite a few.

Winnie:-)

As if I'd tell you off, Winnie :D Sadly Billy, your mates are right in one sense and wrong in another - the answer is a bit yeah but no but yeah but.... :lol: They should've got out more back in the day or done some more research... :D ..Val Palmer was on the decks at the 100 Club approx 20 years ago....but yes, it is still predominantly male but no, the djs who are female are EQUALLY good as their male counterparts and mash up the dancehall...and yes, give it another 5-10 years, there will be more girlies giving it large as there are excellent female dj role models around.

To be fair, Billy, your mates should also remember that social attitudes have changed...I can't think why any women, 25-20 years ago would've wanted to get on the decks looking back at the male djs then - it wasn't an attractive look, the 7Ts/ 8Ts :lol: But I remember asking one girl in the 7Ts why she didn't give it a whirl and her answer was...'my boyfriend wouldn't allow me'... :P I'm glad it's 2006. Jo

Social source share

As if I'd tell you off, Winnie :D Sadly Billy, your mates are right in one sense and wrong in another - the answer is a bit yeah but no but yeah but.... :lol: They should've got out more back in the day or done some more research... :lol: ..Val Palmer was on the decks at the 100 Club approx 20 years ago....but yes, it is still predominantly male but no, the djs who are female are EQUALLY good as their male counterparts and mash up the dancehall...and yes, give it another 5-10 years, there will be more girlies giving it large as there are excellent female dj role models around.

To be fair, Billy, your mates should also remember that social attitudes have changed...I can't think why any women, 25-20 years ago would've wanted to get on the decks looking back at the male djs then - it wasn't an attractive look, the 7Ts/ 8Ts :lol: But I remember asking one girl in the 7Ts why she didn't give it a whirl and her answer was...'my boyfriend wouldn't allow me'... :PI'm glad it's 2006. Jo

===========

You won't be saying that next year......women are so fickle :D:lol::lol:

Social source share

Sorry Sean , but the world's longest sentence was always the one containing the excuse used by Reg Williams as to why he could not go to the bar ...... :lol:

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

sweet baby jesus here we go again ....it doesn't matter a monkeys arse what sex,religion, or colour the person playing the records are as long as they are good ...

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

On a Technics 1200 when playing a 7 inch single have you noticed the receptical for the aluminum centre fits a female DJs lip gloss or eyeshadow almost perfectly. :thumbsup:

Aluminium? Aluminium :lol: Dear chap, precision milled solid brass centres - if you don't mind :yes: and anyway, my leopardskin record box with a mirror in the lid is FAR better for keeping lip gloss in - as well as all my top billy bollocks tunes :P Jo

sweet baby jesus here we go again ....it doesn't matter a monkeys arse what sex,religion, or colour the person playing the records are as long as they are good ...

Dave, your voice of reason prevails...NOW can we talk about monkeys arses, please :D Jo

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

===========

You won't be saying that next year......women are so fickle :D:yes::D

Winnie, sometimes your wit is almost inspired :P No, I'll probably still be having to repeat myself about the topic of female djs in 2007 :lol: ...now there's something to look forward to :thumbsup: Jo

Social source share

Aluminium? Aluminium :lol: Dear chap, precision milled solid brass centres - if you don't mind :yes: and anyway, my leopardskin record box with a mirror in the lid is FAR better for keeping lip gloss in - as well as all my top billy bollocks tunes :P Jo

Think you're mixing up your milling with your turning - never mind - it's a bloke thing. :thumbsup:

Dave, your voice of reason prevails...NOW can we talk about monkeys arses, please :D Jo

Social source share

Been around the scene for some 30+ years, done all the 'Venue's', both old and new, and seen some some great DJs.........

Yet the best spot I have heard since RS as Wigan was at a catholic school in Wigan earlier this year by a 'Girlie' DJ.... she was not afraid to play some of the lesser known stuff, both old and new, and her playlist was by no means 'Safe'.......

No names, but some of you might know her as the best dancer in the UK!! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Epic said....milling v turning....

WHATEVER..milled/ turned - like I did metalwork at school coz we was all girls - another blatant case of inequality.... :thumbsup: ..but my solid centres are still the dog cajones so ner......... :lol:

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

WHATEVER....my centres are the dog cajones so ner......... :thumbsup:

i was gonna menion this too being a CNC turner and maker of the finest record centres in the whole damn world (when i get the chance)

i wanna train a monkey to play records :lol:

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

i was gonna menion this too being a CNC turner and maker of the finest record centres in the whole damn world (when i get the chance)

i wanna train a monkey to play records :lol:

Dave....you're just the man I've been waiting for....when I get asked where I got my centres from, I'll say 'The maker of the finest record centres in the whole damn world'...and redirect centre seekers to you..... (truth is, they were a 40th birthday present). If you don't produce them already, there's a demand for personalised record centres... :thumbsup: Jo

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Dave....you're just the man I've been waiting for....when I get asked where I got my centres from, I'll say 'The maker of the finest record centres in the whole damn world'...and redirect centre seekers to you..... (truth is, they were a 40th birthday present). If you don't produce them already, there's a demand for personalised record centres... :thumbsup: Jo

i only do them when i have the time really , i have thought about going to my boss and seeing if we should produce them but have never got rouond to it

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

there's not many female DJ's round here and i can only recall in last few years 1 female dj i seen play. rest all being male.

Any chance of seeing some nice females would do me maybe if any was single i wouldn't mind getting to know them

Social source share

:D HI BILLY MY PARTNER LES USED DJ IN THE 70S AROUND NOTTS SHE.S GOT ALOT OF CLEETHORPE TUNES

Billy

Social source share

Actually Sean, the worlds longest sentence appears in "Who The Hells Frank Wilson", which is advertised as a "book" :unsure:

It has about twenty five chapters with no more than two sentences (very long) in each chapter. You get breathless reading it :( No chapter contains more than one comma and two full stops. But apparently its a "riveting read"

================

Wrong forum Paul :yes:

:P:lol::lol: Been on Google ? :P

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!