davemac3

Aretha gravely ill

12 hours ago, Soultaker said:

I feel very depressed after reading this.  She has been a part of my life since before I could remember.  My mom played many records by her as I was growing up.  The past year and a half it's been hard to play my records since I've lost my mom back in 2016.  Almost feels like I'm going through that time again, specially seeing that picture of from the Elton John show last year.  That was so hard to look at as it reminded me of the last months of my Mothers life.

Atb m8♥

Posted (edited)

If she is down to 6 stone and has cancer again and having hospice care at home..

As is widely reported, then for sure it's a terrible situation.

One of her relatives had reported she was awake and aware.

Aside from all her songs, I loved her performance in the blues brothers as the nagging long suffering wife:

Ed

Edited by tomangoes
Spello

34 minutes ago, tomangoes said:

Not a dry eye in the house.

Ed

Fantastic ed 😢 thanks for posting Xx baz n shelly 

1 hour ago, tomangoes said:

Not a dry eye in the house.

Ed

Wow, she really sings that - love the shot of her from behind the piano, just alone with the song despite the big crowd, Obama, etc. Shame it keeps cutting to Carole King acting like a bit of a dick but I suppose you would do if you'd written the song  

40 minutes ago, the yank said:

Fine tribute to Aretha Like all of 

those song titles near the end!

One of My favourite songs, great choice for Aretha 

On 15/08/2018 at 09:07, Chris Turnbull said:

Wow, she really sings that - love the shot of her from behind the piano, just alone with the song despite the big crowd, Obama, etc. Shame it keeps cutting to Carole King acting like a bit of a dick but I suppose you would do if you'd written the song  

I think you're looking at Carole through the wrong lens. She was on tv today and was commenting on this clip. In her interview, she mentioned

Aretha rarely if ever played the piano in her later years, when Carole saw this she was astounded and went into complete fan girl mode! 

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.