Betty Swan - Question..

Make Me Yours/I will not Cry on Money..

do White Demos exist of this does anyone know please? I'm certain i've seen other releases on green and white demo's, but may be wrong !?!

Any assistance greatfully received and appreciated

Edited by FickleFingers
Social source share

55 minutes ago, FickleFingers said:

Make Me Yours/I will not Cry on Money..

do White Demos exist of this does anyone know please? I'm certain i've seen other releases on green and white demo's, but may be wrong !?!

Any assistance greatfully received and appreciated

Johnny.  Trust you are well and safe my friend  :hatsoff2:.  I'm pretty sure that I've seen green and white demos knocking about 

Social source share

59 minutes ago, FickleFingers said:

I'm good thanks Steve and trust you & you and yours are all good too..

I'm certain i've at least seen a Larks 45 on green & white but not aBetty Swan.. are you saying you have? Or just another release in that format?

There's a betty Swan album called the Money years and on that there's a picture of the demo, I can't have just seen it on that, I'm sure I have seen them. May not even be that record on the cover, not got the album anymore to check. Probably mistaken. 

All good mate thank you very much.  

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share

49 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

There's a betty Swan album called the Money years and on that there's a picture of the demo, I can't have just seen it on that, I'm sure I have seen them. May not even be that record on the cover, not got the album anymore to check. Probably mistaken. 

That's the Kent LP ... ? ... the demo on the cover of that is "Don't Wait Too Long" , the Make Me Yours pictured is the black issue.

image.png.7ab926b1c234fbd1a0ff7fa37feb94eb.png

There's some info here suggesting that they didn't skimp on promotion for the single so you'd think there'd be umpteen demos about ?

bs.PNG.fd77b194598fa48daf3caae20bbc85c0.PNG

( From this page ... https://dereksmusicblog.com/2016/08/03/bettye-swann-the-very-best-of-bettye-swann-2/ ) 

Edited by WoodButcher
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

34 minutes ago, WoodButcher said:

That's the Kent LP ... ? ... the demo on the cover of that is "Don't Wait Too Long" , the Make Me Yours pictured is the black issue.

image.png.7ab926b1c234fbd1a0ff7fa37feb94eb.png

There's some info here suggesting that they didn't skimp on promotion for the single so you'd think there'd be umpteen demos about ?

bs.PNG.fd77b194598fa48daf3caae20bbc85c0.PNG

( From this page ... https://dereksmusicblog.com/2016/08/03/bettye-swann-the-very-best-of-bettye-swann-2/ ) 

Thanks mate.  I knew that there was a demo on the album cover,  thought it was make me yours. Trust you are well and safe :hatsoff2:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Thanks mate.  I knew that there was a demo on the album cover,  thought it was make me yours. Trust you are well and safe :hatsoff2:

1 hour ago, FickleFingers said:

Just checked a copy of the LP you quoted Steve and it does indeed show a demo! Top Man and thank you 👍

So.. all I need now is someone to sell me a copy 😁

I remember talking to Carl Willingham many years ago and I am positive he said he had Make Me Yours on promo copy,he said at the time that it was extremely Rare. Chris. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

It does exist as a Double A Side Promo. Extremely Rare. Took me ages to find a copy.

MONEY 126

Money_126a_DJ_A-1.jpgMoney_126a_DJ_B-1.jpg

The Stock Copy does however have 2 slightly different labels. Only ever seen the DEMO as the above design.

Money_126a-1-1.jpgMoney_126b-1-1.jpg

Money_126a-2-1.jpgMoney_126b-2-1.jpg

The following released DEMO also a Double A Side.

MONEY 127

Money_127a_DJB-1.jpgMoney_127a_DJA-1.jpg

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
33 minutes ago, 45cellar said:

It does exist as a Double A Side Promo. Extremely Rare. Took me ages to find a copy.

£100 or so ??

Social source share

This MONEY 110 DEMO for me begs the question of more than one DEMO for any of the other releases.

If you study the label for "MICKEY'S EAST COAST JERK"

there are 2 different print runs for the A Side during the change to the B Side.

MONEY 110

MONEY_110-A_DJ.jpgMONEY_110-B_DJ.jpg

MONEY_110-A_DJ_1.jpgMONEY_110-B_DJ_1.jpg

As I mentioned earlier there are 2 different Stock Copy label designs for "MAKE ME YOURS"

Regarding the existance of more than 1 DEMO for MONEY 126.

We can be more certain as time passes but never say never as there are still surprises out there.

Social source share

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 20:53, WoodButcher said:

Thanks Steve @WoodButcher

Managed to confuse myself - which, as you know, isn't that hard !!

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 23:54, 45cellar said:

This MONEY 110 DEMO for me begs the question of more than one DEMO for any of the other releases.

As I mentioned earlier there are 2 different Stock Copy label designs for "MAKE ME YOURS"

Regarding the existance of more than 1 DEMO for MONEY 126.

We can be more certain as time passes but never say never as there are still surprises out there.

Many thanks for the scans and info Roger @45cellar

So, in summary, defo black label demos of the B Swann 45 - with a white demo NOT to be discounted as there may be copies out there.. Somewhere !!

Edited by FickleFingers
Social source share

6 hours ago, FickleFingers said:

Many thanks for the scans and info Roger @45cellar

So, in summary, defo black label demos of the B Swann 45 - with a white demo NOT to be discounted as there may be copies out there.. Somewhere !!

I would think it very unlikely that the earlier white demo label design would have been used beyond the 1965 releases.

Checking through my DEMOs sitting on either side of MONEY 126 "Make Me Yours" there are A & B Side DEMOs

I was just speculating that there could be the possibility of another DEMO release for MONEY 126 including the B Side.

There was a thread on Soul Source where MONEY 126 had been seen on a list as an A & B SIDE DEMO but no scan. (Typo perhaps) ?

However, I would guess to it being a Black label as it was released in 1967.

MONEY 113 -- (1965)

MONEY_113-A_DJ.jpgMONEY_113-B_DJ.jpg

MONEY 122 - (1966)

MONEY_122-A_DJ.jpgMONEY_122-B_DJ.jpg

MONEY 126 -- (1967)

Money_126a_DJ_A-1.jpgMoney_126a_DJ_B-1.jpg

MONEY 135 -- (1968)

MONEY_135-A_DJ.jpgMONEY_135-B_DJ.jpg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now