Newbie Dj Marathon

We at soultime are considering doing a night of breaking lesser known Northern Soul DJ's. A kind of DJ Marathon.

Basically the night will be split into sets of 30 mins each from 8:30 - 11:30 and then we will do the last hour.

That means we can get 6 new / up and coming DJ's some deck time and exposure and all of them have decent spots.

If any of you out there fancy doing this then this is what we are looking for from the DJ's.

• You play vinyl only
  • you are able to use a mic properley - we don't want any members of the marcel marceau fan club.
  • you are not on an ego trip to play the rarest records you can find - in other words you play to the crowd not yourself. (our crowd are NOT chin strokers and may well decide to do Simon Cowell impressions on the night)
  • You will be happy to take any slot we give you between 8:30 and 11:30
  • You don't expect any more than a pint at the bar in wages (sorry, but we can't handle 6 unknowns asking for £150, a hotel bed and a russian hooker for the night)
  • You dont have an entourage that you expect to get in for free - DJ and partner only (not 'my mate who carries my records')
  • And finally you are available on 10th July 2007 in Derbyshire.

I'm not saying we are definetly doing this because you might all say "F&%$k off! i aint doing that!" and that would be your perogative.

But if you do fancy a go at this please drop me a private message and we will take it from there.

Keep on keepin' on :thumbsup: and all that.

Edited by Soultime Promotions
Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

We at soultime are considering doing a night of breaking lesser known Northern Soul DJ's. A kind of DJ Marathon.

Basically the night will be split into sets of 30 mins each from 8:30 - 11:30 and then we will do the last hour.

That means we can get 6 new / up and coming DJ's some deck time and exposure and all of them have decent spots.

If any of you out there fancy doing this then this is what we are looking for from the DJ's.

• You play vinyl only
  • you are able to use a mic properley - we don't want any members of the marcel marceau fan club.
  • you are not on an ego trip to play the rarest records you can find - in other words you play to the crowd not yourself. (our crowd are NOT chin strokers and may well decide to do Simon Cowell impressions on the night)
  • You don't expect any more than a pint at the bar in wages (sorry, but we can't handle 6 unknowns asking for £150, a hotel bed and a russian hooker for the night)
  • You dont have an entourage that you expect to get in for free - DJ and partner only (not 'my mate who carries my records')

I'm not saying we are definetly doing this because you might all say "F&%$k off! i aint doing that!" and that would be your perogative.

But if you do fancy a go at this please drop me a private message and we will take it from there.

============

remember doing something like this at wigan cricketers a few years back ..took a box up thinking wow this is a real big opportunity here ,,,,when i got there it was a like a cattle market as there were about 20 others and ended up with about 20 mins and broke one of my records as the djing space was so cramped,,felt really humiliated afterwards on the way home thinking am i this desperate to dj ..luckily these days i'm not

fortunately i dont take things as serious these days

wish you luck Glyn with your venture and hope you get loads of response..

Social source share

Glyn

Come on do tell; who was the Top Northern DJ that demanded the Russian hooker? Don't hold back now :lol:

Crackin' idea, good luck with it :thumbsup:

Social source share

I had a similar idea to this the other day but i'm probably too lazy nowadays to get it off the ground so if anybody wants to use my idea that's fine by me.

Here it goes, invite djs along to play there top 20 favourite tunes of all time, you could probably fit a couple of guests along each night, might be quite interesting to see what people really like than what they are expected to play to the crowd. Obviously it must be 20 records you own & i presume first issue vinyl.

Simon

Social source share

Glyn

Come on do tell; who was the Top Northern DJ that demanded the Russian hooker? Don't hold back now :wicked:

Crackin' idea, good luck with it :thumbsup:

if the d.j's arent gettiun paid, is it free to get in then?? lol

Social source share

• You play vinyl only

We did this at The Fez two years ago it went down well, as from Jan 26[

we star with a new guy Mitch Reeves from Notts been collecting record for years but never played on a stage he gos on 8 till 9, so lets hope we can give him some support

with the guest Dj the old man him self Doug Hall from Newark.

I think that the soul scene may be influence with new blood on the decks giving a fresh light about Northern soul and show how friendly we can be. Other promoters could follow suit don't you think

See you this Friday pal

dendog

Edited by Dendog
Social source share

Little-Stevie, used to do this at the Ducie Bridge in Manchester, as a warm-up befor the allnighter, but the DJ were allowed to play what they wanted........then everything moved to 14 Lloys St and continued with the same idea.

Edited by asboannie
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert