Boots, Re Issues Or Promo's Whats The Difference

Well. I have read some bullsh1t in my life but some of this takes the biscuit. All of you that slagged anyone off should hang your heads in shame. Every last one of us on the northern soul scene has at one time owned a boot,reissue, or whatever you want to call them and been proud of it ! (yes I do know the difference before the clever people get started) So please get off your high horses. Most of the records we love,cherish,hunt down,beg for,buy and sell were made by artists that gave away their rights, just to get a song on vinyl ( for the love of the music ) NO !!! it is not ok to bootleg and we all know that, but to begin to quote the law on what we can and cant do is a bit silly, The whole northern scene was/is built on something illegal, whether you like it or not ! as usual, there are some that think they know better because they were on the scene before someone else and that is just being a stuck up snobb ! Most of you that had a good old moan on this post are either promoters or record dealers and YOU make the most money out the records/artists, which means by your own arguements that you are the worst of us all !!!!!

Mark (30+ years experience of northern soul and still learning !!!!!)

Hi tich I think were batting the same ball arn't we, new here you know.

Social source share

• Replies 102
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Plenty the royalties were sorted out on them when the record was pressed you don't have to pay them every time a record changes hands.

No but promo records are not yours to sell are they? or buy in fact??

Social source share