hi there

the topquality boots were i think done by simon sousan

back in the early 70's

i think he paid 2 dollars each for them to be made as near

perfect as possible

clever boy or what

No. He was and is a criminal. angry.gif

Social source share

I heard that loads of genuine GSF records were taken out of GSF company sleeves for The Anderson Bros boot to go in. True or false?

BH

GSF sleeves story is ceratinly true.

Surely everyone can remember who stuffed us with Detroit Soul, Timothy Wilson, Epitome Of Sound, Anderson Bros, Carstairs, Dave Newman, Maurice Williams counterfeits and many more..

Then whilst living in New York he had an amazing ABC promo find and sent out a list perhaps someone still has a copy... Yum Yums, Eddie Regan promo's were on it very reasonably priced and ripped us all off again, our fault really for trusting him.

Don't blame Sousann or Daly City Bob for everything, they were only a small part of the Northern Soul scene explotation of collectors.

Perhaps the man who did all these and many more will step forward after all these years.. I personally get on with him OK and it's water under the bridge but he was a very naughty boy when he was younger, weren't you .....

Social source share

Perhaps the man who did all these and many more will step forward after all these years.. I personally get on with him OK and it's water under the bridge but he was a very naughty boy when he was younger, weren't you .....

Love it! thumbsup.gif ...but one thing, maybe John can answer this, in (I think) Soul Time mag back in early '77 it was said that Danny Wagner "I lost a true love" had been booted in limited quantities, never been able to ascertain if this was so and what the differences were from the original. This must have been around the same time as the Yum Yums boot....

Hippo.

Social source share

Love it! :thumbsup: ...but one thing, maybe John can answer this, in (I think) Soul Time mag back in early '77 it was said that Danny Wagner "I lost a true love" had been booted in limited quantities, never been able to ascertain if this was so and what the differences were from the original. This must have been around the same time as the Yum Yums boot....

Hippo.

Danny Wagner to my knowledge has never been counterfeit. In the seventies the scene was rife with rumours of what were bootlegs and what was not. If anyone found more than a few copies of any titles..the cry "Bootleg" went up.

Of the five copies we have there are THREE different pressings all look authentic to me. Interestingly one is a very slightly different take IM-6476 (1) 66305 in the deadwax. this seems to be the rarest of the press. all the others presses on styrene or vinyl are take 6476.

Social source share

Danny Wagner to my knowledge has never been counterfeit. In the seventies the scene was rife with rumours of what were bootlegs and what was not. If anyone found more than a few copies of any titles..the cry "Bootleg" went up.

Of the five copies we have there are THREE different pressings all look authentic to me. Interestingly one is a very slightly different take IM-6476 (1) 66305 in the deadwax. this seems to be the rarest of the press. all the others presses on styrene or vinyl are take 6476.

Thanks John, excellent reply! Yes, you're certainly right about the "rumour mill" of the time!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert