Mikevague

• Replies 59
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The f*cker is i've known this record for well over 10 years and missed every copy i've ever seen for sale. Think it was about 20 quid the first time.......sod paying the best part of a grand for it now.

Girf

Your mate Mr Dennis sold me my copy for £50, I thanked him for sending it and I might even have bought him a drink when I saw him at the Plinston Modern do that time. Sh*tting myself for three days waiting for it to arrive, though. :thumbsup: Think he was getting pretty heavily leaned on at the time but stuck to his word. What a nice man! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Your mate Mr Dennis sold me my copy for £50, I thanked him for sending it and I might even have bought him a drink when I saw him at the Plinston Modern do that time. Sh*tting myself for three days waiting for it to arrive, though. :thumbsup: Think he was getting pretty heavily leaned on at the time but stuck to his word. What a nice man! :thumbsup:

First heard it via Gary.....then missed a copy that came thru the shop, sure he sold it @ about 20 quid......missed 3 or 4 copies since then at ever increasing amounts. Not including these recent ones.

When did you wangle it out of him ??? Please don't tell me it was when I was still there...... sad.gif

Girf

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I've been resisting posting on this thread as I only have very rude things to say about the people who are knocking New World seemingly because some top end seasoned collectors realise the huge potential of this record and this has pushed the price up.

It's already a tried and tested dance floor winner and is set to be massive on the UK soul scene. About time as well!

This is the worst kind of vinyl snobbery, knocking a record because it is going for a lot of money. These people should forget how much New World is worth and concentrate on how good the music is.

The folk who are knocking New World but the next sentence say they think Move On Up is better are acting like a bunch of bitter dick heads, sorry, but that's really how I feel. Pull your socks up, start behaving like rare soul lovers and be thankfull that there are some boss collectors out there with the bollocks to push new and exciting soul records onto the dance floors.Whether it's 5quid, 50 quid, 500 quid or a grand, it's a marvelous unknown (to the masses) northern soul record that deserves exposure...

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

ITS ALSO POSSIBLE THAT UNSOLD STOCK OF THESE DIFFERENT RELEASES WERE SENT BACK TO BE MELTED DOWN FOR THE NEXT JAMES BROWN RELEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THATS JUST ME PLAYING DEVILS ADVOCATE BY THE WAY !! DONT KNOW IF POLYDOR OPERATED THIS POLICY BUT I WAS RELIABLY INFORMED YEARS AGO THAT CERTAIN LABELS DID THIS.

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM ?

Whenever someone would recirculate vinyl it was melted down and mixed into virgin vinyl. This mix would bring the price down, but qualitywise it was not a good choice. I doubt major labels would use this method.

Social source share

I'm led to believe that this practise was widespread during the oil crisis in the 70's it also explains the flimsy pressings of that period the buddah label lp's being particularly flimsy

Derek

Social source share

I've been resisting posting on this thread as I only have very rude things to say about the people who are knocking New World seemingly because some top end seasoned collectors realise the huge potential of this record and this has pushed the price up.

It's already a tried and tested dance floor winner and is set to be massive on the UK soul scene. About time as well!

This is the worst kind of vinyl snobbery, knocking a record because it is going for a lot of money. These people should forget how much New World is worth and concentrate on how good the music is.

The folk who are knocking New World but the next sentence say they think Move On Up is better are acting like a bunch of bitter dick heads, sorry, but that's really how I feel. Pull your socks up, start behaving like rare soul lovers and be thankfull that there are some boss collectors out there with the bollocks to push new and exciting soul records onto the dance floors.Whether it's 5quid, 50 quid, 500 quid or a grand, it's a marvelous unknown (to the masses) northern soul record that deserves exposure...

I like what you have to say sir!

true words indeed :wicked:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert