Cinema - Film / Movie Talk

Mike

2 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Wow! That's a 10 out of 10 review Mike, at least by the sound of it.

I haven't been to the cinema since 1996! That was also when I last went on holiday.

The film was The DaVinci Code - not great really, although I thought the book was excellent.

Peter 

🙂

yep I'd say 10/10 but that would be for the overall experience as for me the visual and audio are a major factor in that rating almost as much as the actual films plot. would doubt that the rating be that high if watching away from the cinema

anyone caught the imax version?

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

We caught 'Civil War' last week, 9/10 I'd say, not what I thought it be and as I didn't look at my watch one, it must have been good! Most enjoyable and recommended

Anyone any current cinema tips?

Social source share

23 hours ago, Mike said:

We caught 'Civil War' last week, 9/10 I'd say, not what I thought it be and as I didn't look at my watch one, it must have been good! Most enjoyable and recommended

not a great choice this week here, can't see anything much, have I missed anything?

Social source share

On 29/04/2024 at 10:22, Mike said:

I was looking on IMDB for Blue Lights – series 2 and noticed on the entry for Seamus O’Hara, he was in the recent film In the Land of Saints and Sinners

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15782690/?ref_=tt_urv

Pleasantly surprised with it, bit different than I expected.

Apart from having to watch Sarah Greene (yes I’m that shallow), you get a tiny snippet of Marlena Shaw – California Soul
Otherwise, nothing very recent has caught my attention………………

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 08/04/2024 at 11:00, Mike said:

A weekend trip to the cinema to watch Dune 2

Yep and it's as they say, for us, one of the best cinematic experiences that we have had

blown away

Couldn't have been as poor as part 1

Social source share

50 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Couldn't have been as poor as part 1

I thought 1 was good , not great, but ok, though after watching 2 at a cinema would seriously consider making a cinema visit to see 1 in that enviroment

54 minutes ago, Eddie Hubbard said:

Went to the local cinema recently to catch the Cymande - Getting It Back documentary.Excellent and really uplifting ,highly recommended.

thanks for the heads up

• Up vote 2
Social source share

17 hours ago, Mike said:

I thought 1 was good , not great, but ok, though after watching 2 at a cinema would seriously consider making a cinema visit to see 1 in that enviroment

I've been putting off watching part 2 because of how pretty dull and boring the first was....maybe it was just building to something better.  Will watch both together I think.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!