Willie and West- Attica Massacre

Go to solution Solved by Blackpoolsoul,

After listening to Tats play some absolute top drawer sounds on Dean Andersons show on thursday eve,this song has me wondering if it was not only withdrawn but also that the label owners were forced to destroy all the copies that were pressed.I have never seen a copy in the flesh or ever seen one for sale. Chris. 

Social source share

• Solution
3 hours ago, Wheelsville1 said:

After listening to Tats play some absolute top drawer sounds on Dean Andersons show on thursday eve,this song has me wondering if it was not only withdrawn but also that the label owners were forced to destroy all the copies that were pressed.I have never seen a copy in the flesh or ever seen one for sale. Chris. 

Seems this one escaped (excuse the pun)

https://www.popsike.com/Willie-And-West-Attica-Massacre-Protest-Soul-Funky-Turbo-TU020-Rare1st-Press/201185595091.html

Social source share

1 hour ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

That was very cheap,it would be interesting if anyone is in touch with George Kerr as to whether it did manage to reach the record stores or was it withdrawn. 

Social source share

It wasn't withdrawn. 

Low press run (300 I believe) and what copies sent out were sent to activists etc. A few may have gone to "friendly" radio stations. My copy came from a former black political campaigner. The single version on Turbo is both shorter and has a different intro to all of the reissues on CD and vinyl, so at least two versions / tapes must have been made.   

Edited by Steve G
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

2 hours ago, Steve G said:

It wasn't withdrawn. 

Low press run (300 I believe) and what copies sent out were sent to activists etc. A few may have gone to "friendly" radio stations. My copy came from a former black political campaigner. The single version on Turbo is both shorter and has a different intro to all of the reissues on CD and vinyl, so at least two versions / tapes must have been made.   

Thanks for the reply,very interesting. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!