Barbara McNair Canadian motown

Put herald
Go to solution Solved by Chalky,

That Canadian Tamla Motown is pretty uncommon IME. So yes rare. Seen a few over the decades but never had one even while crate digging there. These Canadian pressings were likely all first press up in small numbers then repress to supply demand as some are very common and likely were press and repress in greater quantities to then supply a growing public demand. Some pre-Tamla Motown variants are sexy looking though.

Leaving the others to remain pretty tough to locate after all that time. Met long ago a local collecting all Motown Canadian and American releases but at one time he sold out. To Tim Brown I believe to remember... Although it's still beyond me why they can command such higher price tag but hey I'm not gonna buy them anyway. I collect them American or Dutch for their pics. Or French for their smashing pics yet poor sounding E.P.'s.

Edited by Tlscapital
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

That's hard to tell really. It depends how much one rates the most common USA ARP press to begin. Like with in EX/M- condition which is the most common press to get hold of.

Although IME the M- top clean collector condition is not so common (loads of drill hole...) What £125-150 ? Then add £50 or more for a Monarch press and half that for a Bell press.

Then for the promos in the same ordered add between £50 and £100 again EX+/M-. Then a UK stocker is what £500 ? A promo £750 ? Canadian rarer but demand ? £250 ???

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!