DEREK MARTIN SLY GIRL TUBA WDJ?

Dave Moore

Hi all, 

I'm convinced that back in the day I saw a TUBA White Demo of this?  

I have a blue Demo that just has the promotional text on the other side (A Side) but I'm sure I've seen a WDJ of it?

Can someone put an ole codger out of his misery and either confirm that my hunt continues or that I've lost the plot along the way.

If anyone has one and would be happy to move it on, I'm in the market.

Cheers,

Dave 

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Only know of the USA Stax WDJ copies (PL and SP pressings) but never saw or heard of a Tuba WDJ for 'soul power' B/W 'sly girl'... That I always believed never to have been pressed up to be promoted as such on Tuba as I'm still incline to strongly believe the Stax (March 1968) to predate the Tuba Detroit release.

Edited by Tlscapital
Social source share

1 minute ago, Tlscapital said:

Only know of the USA Stax WDJ copies (PL and SP pressings) but never saw or heard of a Tuba WDJ for 'soul power' B/W 'sly girl'... That I always believed never to have been pressed up to be promoted as such on Tuba as I'm still incline to strongly believe the Stax (March 1968) to predate the Tuba Detroit release.

Definitely promo'd on TUBA. I have a blue one. Not many about I'd have thought as it took me an age to get it.  Dave 😉 

Social source share

Not worth more than the stock in "picture" (art) sleeve IME. These are not collected as such and don't even sound that good (although not bad either) the best ones being the USA Volt pressings evidently.

Picture sleeved French Atco are collected. The Tuba (3 pressings including the now revealed to the world 'plug side' promo copy) releases are also collected even if the mix of 'sly girl' is cut shorter than the Volt.

Social source share

16 hours ago, Dave Moore said:

Definitely promo'd on TUBA. I have a blue one. Not many about I'd have thought as it took me an age to get it.  Dave 😉 

I've seen the blue promo, but never a white one of "Sly Girl".  I HAVE, however. seen a few different white promos of other Tuba records, so they did use them for a while.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert