Linda Lewis Sad News RIP

2 minutes ago, Goldsoul said:

Extremely shocked hearing the sad news my friend and former recording artist LINDA LEWIS(Linda Fredericks) has passed.  
A UK treasure with a wonderful multi octave vocal, I first met her in 1983 after producing her sister Shirley. 
She took a chance and recorded ‘Class Style’ for Electricity records with me in 1984 and although a minor success in the UK, it was a European hit. 
Putting together her revival tour with Tony Denton she worked tirelessly to help deliver success. 

I remember her giving me a recording cassette of ‘Selfish One’ her first demo for Polydor in late 1965 after our late night music chat in Amsterdam. 
We last met at Corinne Drewery’s 50th birthday and laughed our socks off at ‘the love hate relationship’ with ‘that track’………..

What a fabulous voice! 

My sincere condolences to the Fredericks family. A remarkable talent and a pleasure to have known you.  
Rest in peace……… Linda Lewis 😢D7016EC9-E2C0-4A87-A184-7803D2AA391B.thumb.jpeg.cf46a7b5b92fb18e25e1670bb2586a99.jpeg

Full tribute https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2023/may/04/linda-lewis-death-british-singer-and-famed-backing-vocalist-dies-aged-72

• Up vote 2
Social source share

An amazing singer songwriter, astonishing vocalist and a lovely human being. Saw her play at Glasto with a terrific band including Mick Talbot on keyboards.

I chatted to her occasionally online and she was kind, funny and smart, with some great stories of the music business. 

Reach For The Truth would be one of my Desert Island Discs.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!